What new PASSIONS have you found after your surgery???

Doriam R.
on 8/13/17 3:57 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great Sunday!

I used to filled my day with food, thinking about food, celebrating with food, suffering with food... yu probably know the story...

Besides exercise, (which I am doing every day... :) what new hobbies/passions/loves/interests have you found that makes your life different after surgery?

As for me:

I have being listening to audio books at the gym! it has been a new found interest! I am letting my hair grow, I see myself taking care of myself, putting on make up, brusing my teeth more often (my mounth usually have a bad taste ;(.... All in all I found myself thinking of me more often, I like that. YES, I like that a lot! I made an appointment with a therapist, I want to work on improving me inside and out!!

XOXO

Fredbear
on 8/13/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Walking, exploring, buying clothes.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Doriam R.
on 8/13/17 5:09 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

That is great, where do you go explore? do you mean hiking? that sounds fun, I live in Texas, when it get a bit cooler I might enjoy that!!

Fredbear
on 8/13/17 9:51 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

I live a street away from a bike trail that goes through my entire metro area. I'm also within biking distance of two mountain parks that are fun hikes.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Doriam R.
on 8/14/17 10:25 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

That is really Lucky!!

Oneillch
on 8/13/17 9:07 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

I haven't found new activities but have "re-discovered" old ones I was unable to enjoy because of my weight. Once again I find myself gardening and being able to walk when travelling to new places, stores or markets. I don't tire as quickly as I did before and am now better at tolerating the heat of "Hotlanta." I'd even like to try paddleboarding or go horseback riding again, something I haven't done in 20 something years.

Doriam R.
on 8/14/17 10:24 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

That is soon Awesome!! are you at your goal weight? I am so ready to keep losing and finding new thing I enjoy doing!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/17 4:34 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I've been making plans with old and new friends (and not canceling!) and feeling comfortable just being social around people again. It is such a relief.

Doriam R.
on 8/14/17 10:23 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I so get what your are saying, I am always self-conscious of how I look and how much weight I have gained... Looking forward to looking better!! Thanks so much ? for sharing!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/14/17 10:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm in love with cycling. Before surgery, I bought a bike and could ride MAYBE two miles at a time before I was sweaty and panting and exhausted.

One year after surgery, I rode 40mi in our city's big bike race. A few weeks ago, I rode 150mi in three days on a bike tour with my dad. Next summer, I'm hoping to do the Seattle-to-Portland ride (200mi in two days).

Before surgery, I never could have DREAMED of being able to do that, much less enjoying it. But I love to ride, I'm surprisingly not terrible at it, and I'm grateful that WLS gave me the opportunity.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active