Exercise...after all this time....

Wyldblu
on 8/20/17 12:29 pm

Hi,

In October, I will be 2 yrs out. I am always within (up or down) 2-3 lbs of my goal weight, and, although my surgeon insisted over and over that I exercise, I just could NOT bring myself to do anything. I have always hated it, felt defeated and it felt overly hard for me. I joined many gyms, and even own an elliptical (aka expensive clothes hanger).

Recently, a Planet Fitness built a gym, 5 min from my house. The pre-sale deal was, $1.00 to join and $10 a month, no contract. $40 a year. So, my husband and I decided to give it a try. We've gone twice now, (they JUST opened last week). I am sore a hell today. LOL. However, I did a mile at almost a run, and with a moderate incline, a 30 minute circuit, with step blocks in between each machine, (this kicked my butt), and then 3 floors at a fast pace, on a stairstepper machine.

I am sore, like I said, but I was impressed at my stamina to keep going, not that it was easy, but it didn't feel impossible, like in the past, AND it was...FUN...yeah, there I said it...it WAS fun. I look forward to going again tomorrow.

Wyldblu

Gwen M.
on 8/20/17 3:49 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

There's a saying about exercise. "The best exercise is the same for everyone - the exercise you'll do." And the exercise you'll do is the exercise you enjoy :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

White Dove
on 8/21/17 4:19 am - Warren, OH

When I was a kid, I would hurry through my chores so that I could walk to the park and play on the swings, teeter-tooter, monkey bars and slides.

I take the same attitude now about going the gym. I go to play on the machines and talk with others.

I don't tell myself that I am going to the gym to work, I tell myself that I am going to play.

I have learned how to work my muscles hard enough to feel the benefit but not be sore the next day. I have regular days, for me it is Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If something interferes, then I go on another day but make sure I get my three days a week.

I also wear my Fitness Tracker and aim for 10,000 steps every day.

I do wish we had swings and sliding boards, but realize it would be an insurance risk, so gyms have to have safer things.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active