smoking???

dmcs85
on 9/4/17 8:16 pm

I would like to first off start off by saying I know how bad and harmful smoking cigarettes is for you. I quit smoking 2 months before my sleeve surgery and I am very proud of myself for that. At this point I have no intention of ever picking up a smoke again BUT.....I am curious if anyone smoked post-op.

Cathy H.
on 9/4/17 8:34 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Lord, I hope not! I can't imagine going through all this to be healthy, and then continuing to ruin your lungs. Makes no sense to me.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

White Dove
on 9/4/17 9:01 pm - Warren, OH

It will almost guarantee ulcers

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

missc_26
on 9/5/17 4:12 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi there

I had been smoke free for many, many years but tragically lost my brother 3 1/2 months post VSG. Without food as a crutch I began smoking again. I realised it was just a replacement crutch in a very stressful time but immediately I felt the guilt and shame of falling back on old habits. So, no judgment here it can and does happen.

Smoking contributed to my already bad case of reflux and in a weird way I am so grateful that it did. It made it a lot easier to check myself and make the decision to quit again. But in no way was this an "easy" thing, i am still fighting the urge and occasionally giving in only to have my GERD flare up and remind me I can't do this to myself without suffering consequences.

Addiction is bloody hard, but you have already managed to free yourself from the chains of smoking. I would be damn proud of yourself for that and i truly hope you will be able to remain smoke free. Life is much nicer not stinking like smoke, wheezing up stairs or pouring money into poisoning ourselves. (That's what I keep trying to remind myself).

Take care

Most Active