Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 9/8/17

Erin T.
on 9/8/17 3:27 am, edited 9/8/17 4:36 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good Morning, VSGers! I have the day off work as comp time for a weekend worked a couple weeks ago. I'm making a Prime Rib for my a couple of my employees and they are coming over for lunch. I've been trying to get together with them for a BBQ all summer, and it hasn't worked out, so this is our replacement!

My weight has been very slowly inching upward for several days now, so it's a good day to focus on the protein and fat and leave the rest of the stuff out. I might get in a TRX work out today, or maybe even a run. I'm hoping to look at some potential hikes for this weekend too.

QOTD: What is something that "normal people" never have to think about, but you do/did? This might be a confusing question, so I'll give you my examples. Yesterday, I worked across campus in a different office that was on the 3rd floor. I used to hate working over there because it meant the potential to be faced with the elevator vs stairs dilemma. In the past, I'd consider the fact that the elevator is literally directly outside the office but since I was fat everyone would judge me if I didn't take the stairs. Of course, taking the stairs was hard so I didn't want to do that either. Yesterday, I realized that since I'm now "normal" I don't care what people think about if I take the elevator. This is a completely stupid rationalization, but it's there! I also realized I don't mind walking across campus with my McDonald's Diet Coke cup. Again, because no one can look at me and think McDonald's is why I got fat.

7 months post-op/Maintenance\139.2lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Miralax and HC

M2: (2) Small Eggs and (2) Small Sausage Patties

M3: Prime Rib w/ Horseradish Cream Sauce

M4: Prime Rib w/ Horseradish Cream Sauce

E: TRX work out, or maybe a run. We'll see what I'm motivated for.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/17 6:38 am
VSG on 03/28/17

No sleep last night, an early wake up and a super stressful morning means that I've already eaten two full meals and a snack today and it's only 9:30am! We'll see what the day brings.

QOTD: I used to have to think about whether I was presentable on all sides...like does my front look good but my back show fat rolls or does my butt make this dress too short in the back? Now I just look at my front and assume it's all good!

B: 2 eggs with ghee

B2: leftover meatloaf

S: seaweed

L: deli turkey

D: more meatloaf

RobbieMcKenney
on 9/8/17 7:36 am

QOTD : I fly a lot for work, and always had to worry if the seat belt would fit. I was too embarrassed to ask for an extender. On a trip to Europe in May it did not fit, and I spent many hours in the air with it discretely tucked in my side. When I flew in July, about 6 weeks after surgery, it fit with a few extra inches!

As for meals, breakfast is coffee. Lunch is soup. Snack is a protein shake. Dinner will be out at our favorite Mediterranean restaurant - a chicken kabob on a Greek salad. I eat about half and take the rest home for a snack tomorrow.

Rachel B.
on 9/8/17 7:52 am, edited 9/8/17 12:52 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good Morning!

QOTD: Just living, mostly. Grocery shopping, I was always conscience of what was in my cart when I went through check out. Going shopping at Buckle then vs now is COMPLETELY different. I haven't really done much more than that.

Started food tracking again, its not pretty. I did well yesterday, until I left my grammy's place. She's still her *****y self, but the nurse came and was talking about comfort meds. I went straight to Sprouts for gelato...

AM: SF peppermint white choc Mocha

B: Red Grapefruit

L: Chicken thigh, cottage cheese, hummus

maybe workout

D: salmon

Water & Vites - I really need to work on water. I've been comforting with Espresso...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Gwen M.
on 9/8/17 8:26 am, edited 9/8/17 3:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This morning I went and had a cyst removed from my scalp! This is exciting since it's been there for forever and I'm so glad to finally have gotten it taken care of! It was the size of a garbanzo bean - holy crap. I had hoped to visit my fitness class friends after, but it took longer than I thought and my hair was all wonky after so.. decided to go home instead.

I've got a busy day - I'm making "homemade twix bars," doing a lot of laundry, and picking up one of my oldest (in terms of duration) friends from the metro later this afternoon. There's a TEDx locally tomorrow and she's spending the night at my house to go to that with Lance and me. (Art is currently out of town at a small game convention.) I'll be interspersing these tasks with episodes of The Magicians since I really, really want to get season 2 off the DVR before school officially starts on Monday.

QOTD: I used to have to plan out how I'd walk through a restaurant so I wouldn't bonk into anyone. Now this is not so much an issue. I no longer fear being seated at the table in the very far corner.

1: protein shake
2: eggs? I think that might be the only protein in the fridge right now. Oh! I have HB eggs and cottage cheese - so I'll do that.
3: tilapia piccata, pasta for Lance and my friend, small square of homemade twix bar

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 9/8/17 8:28 am, edited 9/8/17 1:29 am

Went out on the kayak this morning - very peaceful! A walk later will be good too - it's a beautiful day.

Accountability: Yesterday was my worst day eatingwise since surgery. I felt like eating everything in sight. Sadly what was in my sight was Sees candy milk chocolate almond clusters that our last guests brought from CA. My favorites. Mix that with anxiety I've been feeling about lots of stuff lately and I think I ate close to twice my calorie goal yesterday. And of course the scale was down this morning just to mess with my head.

QOTD: I was thinking the other day in my current uniform of cropped workout pants, a t-shirt, a fleece pullover (cold summer here!), and water sandals with my hair in a ponytail that before I would worry about looking ridiculous when I wore active wear when fat. I didn't look like I was active. Now I look like I really did just come in from hiking or kayaking, when it is just as likely that I have spent the day lounging around like when I was fat. Perceptions are curious things - if you fit the mold, others are likely to perceive you positively. If you don't, you're judged harshly even if you're busting your hump to improve your situation.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - shrimp stirfry, skip the rice

S - SF Jello butterscotch pudding made with vanilla Premier Protein (I finally found a way to tolerably use up the rest of my protein shakes!)

Kristi T.
on 9/8/17 9:58 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

"Perceptions are curious things-if you fit the mold, others are likely to perceive you positively. If you don't, you're judged harshly even if you're busting your hump to improve your situation."

I would hit the like icon a hundred times if I could Cecily, spot on!

Kristi T.
on 9/8/17 9:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My heart aches for those affected by the storms and fear for those waiting out an incoming one. I've tried really hard not to complain about the smoke, I know how fortunate I am. This picture is out my window, you can't see it now but there is a lake and mountains beyond the railing. They are warning people today to stay inside, the air quality is at a "dangerous and unhealthy level." I just had to share and complain a little bit today.

QOTD-I feeo like "normal" people didn't have to worry about what they wore. I dressed SO carefully as to not be noticed or stand out in anyway! Not anymore, yesterday I threw on yoga pants, a t-shirt and plaid blouse...a ponytail that stood straight up on top of my head and I didn't care a all:-) I completely related to what Cecily posted!

B-Yogurt w/chia&flax mix

L-2 slices of bacon, 1 slice Colby jack cheese

S-Hard boiled egg

D-Leftover 15 bean and ham soup

E-Not sure today what to do

I hope everyone has a peaceful and safe day!

Fredbear
on 9/8/17 11:57 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Off work today, the show I'm playing opens tonight, so it'll be a ling day regardless.

QOTD: Skinny don't think about if a chair will hold their weight (unless the chair is obviously damaged or reallly spindly/fragile). I was always terrified of breaking a chair after an embarrassment in college.

B: protein shake

L: hummus and chicken

S: protein shake

D: Chipotle :-p

E: nope, hike tomorrow!

I went to Target to buy black jeans for tonight (since all my old working blacks are HUGE on me now) and this happened...

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/8/17 12:52 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Well my one year follow up yesterday had to be rescheduled again last minute. My surgeon was called out for an emergency surgery. Now I don't go in for 2 weeks. Kinda disappointed but it gives me time to lose a few more before checking in. QOTD: chairs where always my biggest worry. When ever I would get invited to an event, concert or even a restaurant, I always worried about the chairs. I turned down several events because I knew I wouldn't fit very well or at all in the regular chair. Especially sporting events. I was the person that stood all the time because I was to afraid to try and sit and break the chair infront of everyone.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: Buffalo chicken salad, wasa cracker

D: Taco Casserole

S: Protein bar

E: maybe walking. Got a bit of a pounding headache at the moment

W&V

Most Active