Two-Weeks Post-Op and hoping to meet some people, get advice, etc.!

Tyler G.
on 9/12/17 8:31 am - Boston, MA
VSG on 08/29/17

Hello there, thank you guys for your comments!

The PA works directly under my surgeon as part of the team (and has been in her position for over 15 years), so while I highly doubt she would give me poor advice, I'll be sure to check in during my appointment tomorrow. I told her I was using extra strength Tylenol and she said that in my case this was worse.

Thank you all for your input though!

Kristi T.
on 9/12/17 10:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Hi Tyler and welcome! Keep coming back, there is a wealth of information and support on OH. Definitely check with your team about taking Aleve tomorrow:-)

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 2:56 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Welcome Tyler :) You will find these boards a huge support. Lots of good advice and encouragement.

Im 2.5 months out and no regrets.

Shirley - Melbourne Australia

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/14/17 2:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome Tyler! Are you still in the Boston area (I'm on Cape Cod)? There are quite a few of us New Englanders on the board.

I'm glad you found OH. Though I do go to an in-person support meeting once a month, I find that OH is much more helpful and ALWAYS here.

Again, welcome!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Metta76
on 9/14/17 11:15 am
VSG on 09/25/17

Hi Tyler! I love your post. Congrats on everything. My surgery date is 9/25, so I will joining you soon.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/14/17 4:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Welcome!

Aleve is contraindicated for VSG patients. I'm shocked that they would have you take it right after surgery since it can irritate the stomach lining. Nothing is as sensitive as a newly sliced and diced sleeve. If you can tolerate Tylenol, I would advise switching to it.

You're young (compared to most of us) to undergo WLS. What was the deciding factor for you?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tyler G.
on 9/14/17 5:10 pm - Boston, MA
VSG on 08/29/17

Hi there guys, thanks for the good luck! Same to you all!

@GeekMonster, I did check in with the PA on Wednesday. She said she only wanted me on it for less than five days and then to take Tylenol again after should I need it. She said that you would need to take it for a longer period of time (the aleve) for it to do me any harm. She specifically reccomended it to me because of the acute muscular pain I was having at the incision site where they removed my stomach and Tylenol was not helping. Thank you for checking though!

as far as why I chose to get the surgery: I've been very obese my entire life-- I've tried absolutely everything from dieting, exercise, portion control, pills, and supplements. Often for months on end. I couldn't seem to get under, and was rising faster than I could lose it. Last year, I was diagnosed with hypertension. My doctor was really worried about it so she put me on BP medication. She even gave me a sleep study to see if I had sleep apnea. All of the issues I was facing were in addition to severe major depression disorder. I couldn't get out of bed, which was largely in part of being so unhealthy, which made me depressed because I wasn't getting outside and doing things, and I was eating basically junk. I was going to therapy and on depression medication and nothing was helping me have enough energy to lose the weight. I thought I was going to die of a heart attack at 50. When I found out I qualified for the surgery to be medically necessary, I did research and joined the program at Tufts. :)

rawise20
on 9/15/17 7:02 am
VSG on 09/18/27

Hello!

My name is Rachael and am having my surgery on Monday. I also live in Boston.

Where did you get yours done?

rawise20
on 9/15/17 7:03 am
VSG on 09/18/27

Hello!

My name is Rachael and am having my surgery on Monday. I also live in Boston.

Where did you get yours done?

diane S.
on 9/15/17 11:31 am

Welcome Tyler. I am an old timer and have been hanging around this board for 8 years - both before and after surgery. I have learned a lot from it and got to my goal weight though I regained a little. Back when I started here there weren't that many VSG patients but now its really taken off. This is a good safe place to talk about concerns and share wisdom. Make it a daily habit to check in. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active