Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 9/13/17

Erin T.
on 9/13/17 3:15 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning VSGers! I have a job interview on Friday Even though I was approached for this position I'm still terrified it will go all wrong and I'll be stuck in my job that I dislike. This is an internal job with a different department. Either way, I'll be staying with the University until after January because I'm having plastics and don't want to be in a job when I take the time off for them. But, if I don't take this job I will be actively looking for something else in the spring/summer.

I also signed up to run a 5K+ yesterday. It's a "less than 4-mile race" with the course length announced the day of the race. It's on 11/18, so I need to get my butt in gear and run!

QOTD: What do you do for work? I'm Director of User Services in IT at a University. I'm in charge of our IT Helpdesk, Desktop Support Team, and Audio-Visual Team.

7 months post-op/Maintenance/138.6lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding and Almonds

M3: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh and Cheese (if I have room)

M4: (2) Small Eggs w/ Hot Sauce and (2) Small Sausage Patties

E: Walk on lunch break, maybe a run after work

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 9/13/17 4:56 am

We didn't get the good news we were hoping for yesterday with my dad. The cancer is still there. He meets with two other doctors today, so we should know what that means in terms of "what now" after that. I'm really sad today. Cancer is horrible.

QOTD: I'm very lucky to be retired now. I do volunteer work now when I'm in CA.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - eggs and turkey bacon

D - bbq chicken

S - protein pudding

Rachel B.
on 9/13/17 8:29 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm so sorry to hear that, Cecily. Don't lose your positive outlook. My thoughts are with you.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

CC C.
on 9/13/17 9:01 am

Thanks so much, Rachel!

Kristi T.
on 9/13/17 10:44 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm am sorry about the news Cecily, hang in there. Cancer is horrible and many other words I won't say. Hopefully his team will come up with a good plan for him...my thoughts are with you!

ShirlAus
on 9/13/17 2:30 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Oh So sorry to hear Cecily - sending you and your Dad strength x

mmsmom
on 9/13/17 5:06 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning! I love the QOTD - since I'd like to learn more about everyone! I am an IP Paralegal (I work with patent and trademark attorneys) and prepare and file documentation with the US Patent and Trademark Office as well as work with outside attorneys to whom we outsource work. My company makes 3D mammograms and many other "women's health" devices. It is interesting work. I love my job and my coworkers but hate my commute - 45 miles each way, but am lucky enough to work at home 2 days a week.

B: cheerios, iced coffee

L: leftover chicken chow mein

D: leftover again! Beef tenderloin, garden tomatoes

E: working toward my health premium reduction - so walking!

L/V: working on it

I see my surgeon today for my 3.5 year checkup??? Time flies!

VSG on 04/28/2014

nimiety
on 9/13/17 7:51 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi there! I'm new on these threads, but pushing for the last 20-25 pounds as my honeymoon period winds down, so thought they might be a helpful addition to my routine. So hi! It's a good question of the day for me to jump in on, too, because I'm also university-affiliated. I'm a late-stage doctoral candidate, finishing a dissertation and adjuncting (I teach composition) and freelancing (editorial work), and also thinking about job transition out of the academy, into digital media or back into book publishing.

Here's my plan for the day! I like flexibility and variety, so my food plans vary and change sometimes, but I appreciate the impetus to make a plan for the day.

Breakfast: Iced coffee with copious Fairlife high-protein milk (bless it, it lets me treat coffee as a food group )

Lunch: a portioned container of tuna salad (I make it differently every time, but this batch is tuna, cottage cheese, a little mayo, mustard, sriracha, lime, and red cabbage)

Snack: probably another coffee (...or two? I'm a writer, goddammit) with whole milk or half-and-half.

Dinner: an andouille sausage and half an apple

Late-night snack: Breyer's Delights protein ice cream

Vitamins: took my multi & fish oil; calcium & D are the evening shift

Exercise: buncha walking (it's an out-and-about day and I'll be running around between Brooklyn and Manhattan)

Not Being Good: The Examined Life Post-WLS

VSG 7/29/16 // surgery weight 332 // current weight 179 // goal weight 160

ShirlAus
on 9/13/17 2:32 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Welcome Nimiety :)

MissNexxie
on 9/13/17 7:58 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Morning all,

Today dawned rainy/windy/grey but that's not such a bad thing as our province is dealing with a lot of forest fires and smoke. Makes getting outside for walks a non-occurrence but I've got a treadmill so all is well. Rain - do your thing! Have a birthday lunch at Denny's today which in the old days would mean eating all the carbs but thankfully they have some newish Fit Meals like veggie skillets or omelets with reasonable ingredients and I order fruit instead of toast or hashbrowns.

QOTD: I have a long history working in IT and due to oil & gas downturn was 'liberated' from my job last January. That has turned into retirement for now. I may seek something else less stressful/physical in admin or reception in the future but for now sticking with volunteering, taking courses and some travel.

B: coffee with FF creamer/sugar, HB egg, small can flavored tuna

S: homemade protein shake (cashew milk, Syntrax caramel macchiator, plain greek yogurt, flax meal, strawberries)

L: Denny's omelet (will eat 1/2 & bring the rest for dinner)

S: probabaly McDonald's coffee w/ milk & splenda, slice swiss cheese and BF ham

D: rest of the omelet, leftover salad greens

E: 30 mins on treadmill

L: water,coffee, at least 2L but usually more.

Have a great day, everyone.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active