Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 9/13/17

Gwen M.
on 9/13/17 8:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sure the interview will go well! Weird about the race length.

I'm exhausted. Clearly I'm not giving my body what it needs to heal right now, because I'm getting more and more tired every day. I think I need to admit to myself that, yes, I'm still healing and that, yes, this means I need more sleep than my body normally needs. I'll sleep in a bit the next few days and, hopefully, that will help.

I'm also feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment because I have a thing due in one of my classes by midnight and I'm only about halfway finished with it. I had intended to fini**** this morning, but my body was uncooperative about waking up and now I'm about to head out to meet up with a friend for a LONG lunch. Thankfully the dinner I'm cooking should be quick, which means I should have time to finish the assignment when I get home from lunch and before I need to cook dinner, but I'm still feeling stressed about it.

QOTD: Currently my time is split between surgery recovery, being a college student, and homemaking. In the past I have also been a caregiver, a home day care provider, a center day care provider, tournament operations manager, website admin, and a weird variety of other things. I'm working toward a career in Gerontology - I'd like to be a program/activity coordinator/manager at a CCRC or to work in hospice in some capacity.

1: protein shake
2: out for Thai - I'm planning on getting a bowl of Tom Kha soup
3: balsamic steak with roasted tomato salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

tlh4life
on 9/13/17 8:58 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: I work as an education administrator. I love it!

Breakfast: Grande latte

Lunch: Chicken teriyaki bowl

Snack: Coffee and fruit cup

Dinner: Baked chicken with veggies and sweet potatoes

Exercise: It's rest day. I got in a great workout yesterday and am a little sore today :(

yvonnef1964
on 9/13/17 9:42 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Qotd I've been on disability since 2007, before that I did home health care.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D sirloin pork chop, green beans and watermelon

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 9/13/17 10:55 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

QOTD-Surgical/Orthopedic R.N. , retired now. I work during the summers at our local visitor's center, wi**** could be year round:-)

B-Chia, flax & pumpkin seed porridge

L-Egg salad in lettuce cups

S-Chai tea w/vanilla protein shake

D-Pot luck style before monthly Bunko game, choose protein options

E-Walk 60 minutes

I am taking care of my friend's little Yorkie this week. Normally my dog and Bitzy get along, but this time not so much. Had to break up a fight last night and have kept them separated since.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

sgg1002
on 9/13/17 11:05 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hi Guys! Go****'s been a crazy weekend and week, but 3 of the 4 puppies have been adopted and only Gulliver is left. I really hope he finds his forever home this week, because when singleton pups find their way up into our main floor and living with us 24/7 and not in furnished basement, we get WAY TOO ATTACHED TOO FAST! :)
QOTD: Customer Service rep with USPS at a call center for usps.com

Breakfast: Chocolate Premier and Coffe

S: 1 reduced cheese stick and turkey summer stick

L: spaghetti squash, marinara with roasted tomato and green pepper, turkey Italian sausage link

D: crockpot roast, carrots

S: watermelon

walking, water, and forgot my vites/supplements, so I will be playing Hades getting them all in before 10pm bedtime tonight when I get home at 4pm.

jachristmas
on 9/13/17 11:17 am
VSG on 12/14/16

QOTD I have had several types of office jobs in the past..medical billing and coding, purchasing clerk, and most recently the scan manager and head bookkeeper at a grocery store. I left my job in February so that I could enjoy some time with my son before my husband and I started our own business. We just opened our own deer processing shop! The season runs from September thru December and I handle the office stuff as well as vacuum sealing the meat and labeling it. I take orders when hunters drop the deer off and call them when it's ready for pick up. When my husband gets home from his regular job I assist him with making the sausage and hamburger and other stuff. When Im not super busy I tend to do some light catering for local events and I love to bake and sell quite a few desserts and pastries.

B premier caramel in decaf coffee

L leftover chicken from last night's dumplings

D sirloin steak

Vitamins and water good. Walking and working!

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

ShirlAus
on 9/13/17 2:40 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All. 2 more days till the weekend. Hectic week this week. I am helping a friends son who doesnt drive to get his cat to the vet for his shots after work then onto the accountants. Then need to prepare a casserole as we have a combined family lunch on Saturday (3.5 hr drive away) Tommorrow night we are going to my best friends Twins 18th birthday - it a train trip through the hills and dinner in a packing/shearing shed - will be great fun

QOTD: I work in IT but am also their administration manager for a small firm. Im lucky to have the freedom to choose my hours and love working in a small team. Wear many hats but it keeps the days interesting

B: Emiepies Egg Salad

S: Babybel Cheese

L: Leftover Grilled fish from last night - with cucumber & Tomato

(Accountability - I ended up eating 3 hot chips last night grrrr but didnt eat any of the chocolate biscuits, icecream cake or apple slice at my sons birthday dinner - just served it all)

D: TBD - I will be home late so likely something out of the freezer

ShirlAus
on 9/13/17 4:07 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Oops - forgot to wish you Good Luck for tommorrow Erin :)

Donna L.
on 9/13/17 3:33 pm, edited 9/13/17 8:34 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Oh hey, good luck, Erin! That's fabulous! I still hope to work in a university again some day...

I actually have lost another 12 pounds in the past six weeks (!) primarily thanks to Saxenda. The Saxenda has allowed me to eat a whopping 700 calories a day and to not subsist on a liquid diet. I will only be taking it until the revision date, which we will revisit in January some time.

Unfortunately, it has helped reverse a lot of my insulin resistance a little too well. My blood sugar was in the 50's yesterday (.....) and that....really sucked. I never had low blood sugar quite like that. I was temporarily crazy. Hopefully I didn't post anything bizarre on youtube or anything! I had 2 tbsp of cream with the coffee this morning so it doesn't drop quite so drastically. seemed to work, at least.

I'm switching away from whey protein as much as I can, to animal protein. It will help with that, and it's also got more bioavailable nutrition for me. Using up the last of the shakes and then back to, uh, "meat shakes," as it were.

M1: Premier Protein, coffee.

M2: 4oz seared tuna w/miso

M3: 5oz greek yogurt, plain, with cinnamon.

M4: Undecided; possibly some more tuna.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active