Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 9/14/17

Erin T.
on 9/14/17 2:48 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning, VSGers! I woke up to 60-degree weather. I'm riding my motorcycle to work! Woot! I'm looking forward to this weekend because I'm making a Prime Rib for my cousin and her family. I'm not looking forward to this weekend because I have to write a research paper on Environmental Terrorism. I always get a little woozy when it comes to paper writing time. I figure I'll use the 4 1/2 hours while the roast is cooking wisely. I'm also hoping to get in another hike this weekend. I have a goal to hike every weekend in September!

QOTD: Do you have a degree? If so, what is your degree in? I did a semester and a half right out of high school in Computer Information Systems and then dropped out to accept a full-time job. I opted to go back in January 2005, but about 2 weeks after the semester started my Mother and Stepfather were killed by a drunk driver. I was the oldest child and in charge of Mom's estate (I was 21), so I withdrew. Then, 8 months later I found out I was having my oldest child and life got busy(ier). I accepted the position at the university I work for in 2012 and I've been in a degree program since (Information Systems and Business Processes, pretty much a business degree with an IT lean). I'm hoping to continue on to my master's in Data Analytics after I'm done. I get 12 credit hours per year for free, so it's slow going!

7 months post-op/Maintenance/137.8lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding and Almonds

M3: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Mayo and Popcorn (taking a vendor our to lunch)

M4: Pork Tenderloin and Green Pepper

E: I got in a walk and a run yesterday. I'm up to almost 25 miles already in September. I'm thinking today will be a rest day, because I have class and bringing a change of clothes is hard when I ride the motorcycle.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 9/14/17 5:37 am

Good morning all! So I'm feeling a little more encouraged after my dad met with his oncologist yesterday. They are really happy that his lymphnodes they were treating have shrunk completely. So while the signs of cancer still in his bladder are concerning, there might be options for treating it there. My dad was encouraged so that's most important. He goes back for biopsies in a few weeks.

QOTD: I have a BS in Communication Disorders and Speech Science. I thought I wanted to be a speech pathologist, but got a job with a mutual fund company instead and ended up as a senior project manager mostly for IT projects and manager of all the business analysts.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - eggs and turkey bacon

D - bbq chicken and salad

S - protein pudding

Agran
on 9/14/17 3:00 pm

So happy to hear your positive news! Take care of yourself and your Dad.

Rachel B.
on 9/14/17 3:55 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

WOOHOO!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

sgg1002
on 9/14/17 8:10 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Good news on your dad, Cecily. Good juju being sent his way!

QOTD: no degree, 2 years of classes at UMKC studying accounting, before the post office lured me away from higher learning.

Breakfast: bananas and cream Premier in coffee

Snack: cheese stick/turkey summer sausage

Lunch: roast with baby carrots

Dinner: Chicken with alfredo sauce, broccoli

S: Triple Zero Greek yogurt, chocolate, with a few peanuts stirred in

Water, vites, walking on tap!

CC C.
on 9/14/17 9:36 am

Thanks!

Gwen M.
on 9/14/17 8:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm exhausted, but today I didn't bother to set an alarm and just slept until I woke up. I got a good 10 hours of sleep, so I'm hopeful if I do this on most days I'll start to perk up. I'm having a hard time remembering that I'm still recovering from two major surgeries and trying to do too much without enough rest for recovery.

Today is a day for school work and I'll take a quick trip out to the butcher a bit later on.

QOTD: I do! I earned my AA in Exercise and Sport Science in May. Only 20 years behind schedule :D I'm currently working on my BS and doing a double major in Gerontology/Aging Services and Health Management Services. With the combination of these things, my career goal is to "make the aging and dying process better for all involved." What that will actually translate to for a job? I have no idea. I plan on graduating with my BS sometime during 2019 - it'll depend on whether I start working at the same time and how many classes I can sustain. I like to joke that I'm the first person in my entire extended family to have earned an AA. (This is a joke because there are multiple people in my extended family with PhDs... but I'm the only black sheep to have done community college and gotten a 2-year degree. Lolz.)

1: protein shake
2: tilapia piccata
3: it's leftover night, so it'll depend on what's still in the fridge. I might just have some deli chicken because it's the oldest and I don't want to have to throw it away since everyone else seems to forget it's there!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

hannahg22
on 9/14/17 9:25 am
VSG on 08/15/17

QOTD: Do you have a degree? If so, what is your degree in?

I don't have a "degree" yet, I have a certificate in Dental Assisting. Out of highschool I wanted to go into Elementary Special Ed, so I did a year at Eastern Michigan University. I loved that school, and every single person I met there. Although, the academics and I didn't click. So I came home and nannied for a while until I got into a dental assisting program. I fell in love; I was never good in school, but in this program I excelled. I graduated with a 3.7 GPA and while I was out externing (unpaid internship basically), I decided I needed more patient interaction. My boyfriend and I both decided I should pursue more. So here I am now, 2 semesters away from being in the Dental Hygiene program. I apply this January, and will know by June 2018 if I got in or not! I also work part time at a dental office here, getting plenty of experience and more knowledge.

1 day away from 1 Month post op/Soft Foods/192 lbs

M1: Coffee, SF creamer, 2 Jimmy Dean sausage patties

M2: Premier Protein - Carmel

M3: Probably more Premier Protein - Clear

M4: 1/2 Baked Chicken Breast with some ranch

E: I actually had to take today off work because I woke up really sore and in pain, I'm in class 3 days a week and I work 36 hours a week. So I needed a day to rest and re-coop. Depending on how I feel later, my boyfriend and I will take a small walk.

Kristi T.
on 9/14/17 9:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good luck on your paper Erin, what an interesting subject! Good news Cecily about your dad's lymph nodes! Having your dad feel more positive will help so much!

I am tired today. Have been moving my uncle into an assisted living facility. He is happy about it, but it has made me a little sad. He has been an amazing father figure in my life and it's hard to see his health fade so fast. But, he has an amazing attitude so that helps so much. His final move in day is Friday.

I am having my long awaited shoulder surgery on Monday. I am on a medication that I have to wean off of because of anesthesia and that has been the hardest part. My body is going through a little withdrawal and it's making it hard to eat.

QOTD-I have a B.S. in Nursing and Political Science. I had major nursing "burn out" in 1993 and decided to go back to school to change careers. Got my degree in Political Science but life happened and was unable to use it and had to go back to nursing. I don't regret it, it was a good career. Maybe after my surgeries are done I can use the Political Science degree in some way.

B-Greek yogurt

L-Scrambled egg w/jack cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla protein shake

D-Not sure, will be at my uncles

E-Maybe a walk with the dogs this evening

Everyone, have a good Thursday!

Fredbear
on 9/14/17 10:47 am, edited 9/14/17 3:19 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Back to basics today...

QOTD: I'm a handful of credits away from a Bachelor of Music degree in Performance, but I have neither the energy nor rhe need to complete it... it would be mostly a waste of time and effort.

B: protein shake

L: 4 oz spiced up chicken

S: protein shake

D: hummus and chicken

E: 6 km walked and 114 flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views