Diahrrea after VSG

emandmad
on 9/14/17 10:12 am
VSG on 04/07/09 with

I had a VSG done in April of 2009. I did well, lost 160 pounds and gained back 60 pounds. I have been at this same weight for 5 years now, not going up, not going down. Disgusting I know. In the past year the diahrrea has been uncontrollable. Everything I eat seems to go right through me with 10 minutes to a half hour. I had my surgery in Mexico so that is off the radar to go back. I found a doctor here that would see me. I know he's going to scope me. What are the requirements to get the sleeve tightened up? I want this done.

TO LIVE A LONG LIFE IS THE BEST REVENGE    
Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/14/17 10:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Only your surgeon and your insurance company can tell you what the requirements are for a revision procedure, and if you qualify.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 9/14/17 12:06 pm - Warren, OH

I take Imodium at the first sign of diarrhea. It works well and I usually only need one dose. There is nothing special about having weight loss surgery that means you need something different for diarrhea.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mmsmom
on 9/14/17 12:50 pm - Woburn, MA

are you eating high sugar foods on an empty stomach? that would give me diahrrea.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Valerie G.
on 9/15/17 6:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Diarrhea is not a side effect of the sleeve, so it's got to be something else causing it. Were you in a hospital just before it started occurring? I ask because it happened to my dad when he got surgery on his ankle. He got diarrhea and it got progressively worse for 9 months before they diagnosed him with c-diff, then it took 4 months to cure him of it. In a nutshell, it's a bacterial infection in your intestines and it's highly contagious. Even on antibiotics, he would kill the bacteria, but because it's spore-driven, he would reinfect himself and have to start all over again. His doc didn't tell him, but we found a thread online that we learned he had to clear everything from the bathroom and disinfect it head to toe every time he used the toilet. Towels only used once before sanitizing. All clothes washed and sanitized every time. It was crazy, but the only way to kill it all once and for all.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

bridget1970
on 9/15/17 10:44 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17

The only time I had Diarrhea after VSG was when I had some sugar free Popsicles. It actually caused me to have a dumping episode. So, after telling the nurse about my symptoms she said not to have any more Popsicles because most likely the sugar alcohol was causing problems for me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views