Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 9/15/17

Erin T.
on 9/15/17 3:00 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good Morning! Today's the day of my job interview, eep! Bring on the weekend! Although, I feel like this research paper is taunting me and I won't be able to enjoy the weekend until I get a good start on it.

Can I just say how much I hate the hair loss phase? I'm so sick of having it clog up the shower drain, being all over the sink in the bathroom, and being tangled around my fingers or stuck all over my clothes. Ugh. It started around 5-6 months, so I hope it's going to end soon-ish.

QOTD: We're going simple this morning - what's your favorite ice cream flavor? I'm a vanilla soft serve girl myself, but did you know there's like 100 calories per 2 TBSP? Yikes!

7 months post-op/Maintenance/136.9lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding and Pepitas

M3: Smoked Salmon spread w/ Laughing Cow and a 1/2oz snack cheese

M4: Chicken Sausage Link and maybe a veggie

E: Going for a run after work!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

nimiety
on 9/15/17 4:09 am - Brooklyn, NY

Good luck with the interview, Erin! My hair loss phase ended around 8-9 months, if that helps...and now I'm in the regrowth phase, where little teeny curls stick straight out from my temples! So that's something to look forward to! Seriously, though, I feel you. Hang in there.

QOTD: I love ice cream flavors that are coffee- or mint-based. My all-time favorite used to be Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, but when they went fair trade, they swapped in off-brand toffee and...it's just not good. The texture's all wrong, the salt balance is off, and it's way too burnt. Alas! I also really love a good grapefruit sorbet. There's one at an ice cream place in New York called Sundaes & Cones that's just killer--tastes just like grapefruit, right down to a tannic touch of bitterness! I love it.

I teach an eeeeeearly class on Fridays this semester, which changes the way the day goes for me in terms of eating. So...

Breakfast: coffee & Fairlife

Lunch: protein shake (which is just coffee + Fairlife + protein powder...I use and really like Bluebonnet)

Snack 1: tuna salad (yup, same batch)

Snack 2: half an apple or some tomato salad, either way with some goat cheese

Dinner: not sure yet! I crashed last night and had yogurt for dinner instead of an omelet, so I might go for that omelet a day late, or I might do some chili that I already have batch-prepped in my fridge.

Late-night snack: the last half-serving or so of a pint of Breyer's Delights mint chip (there's that mint thing!) protein ice cream

Vitamins: will try to grab the first round on the way out the door in just a couple minutes, might end up playing catch-up when I get home

Exercise: shopping/walking! I need to exchange some clothes at the Gap...I bought XLs and Ls last time, and the XLs are definitely too big. It's a nice opportunity for some brisk walking and window-shopping. I'll probably cover a couple miles in addition to my usual.

Not Being Good: The Examined Life Post-WLS

VSG 7/29/16 // surgery weight 332 // current weight 179 // goal weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/17 5:21 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I felt really good about my eating yesterday, mostly because I ate enough fat to feel satisfied. I'm experimenting with changing my calorie limit from 750 up to 950, which should mean losing 5lbs per month acccording to various TDEE calculators. I was always going over 750 anyway!

I'm only 1 lb away from my first goal and am so hoping to see 135 on the scale soon.

I keep changing my final goal number. I would like to maintain at 130-134 for life, so taking into account the 10-30% statistically likely bounce back I should probably aim to get as low as 110. I know I will look scary skinny and freak my husband out at that weight, especially since my mother has been anorexic for her whole adult life. Everyday he has been asking me to stop losing weight. For now I have the final goal set at 115 and will hopefully be on the lower end for eventual regain.

Motivation is certainly harder to come by when I love my body at exactly the weight I am now!

QOTD: Anything with toffee. And mint chip.

M1: coffee with PP

M2: eggs with ghee and bacon

M3: tuna salad or quest bar

M4: Maybe we'll go out for BBQ

CC C.
on 9/15/17 5:33 am

Fingers crossed for you, Erin! Oh, my, I hate the hair loss too. My bathroom is all white and my shedding dark hair really stands out on every surface. Yuck. I do have new hair coming in, but the old stuff hasn't stopped falling out. Thankfully I don't look like I'm balding yet.

QOTD: Peanut Butter and Chocolate is usually my favorite. But there is one you can get here in MI called Michigan Pothole that is to die for. Chocolate with "black tar fudge" and chocolate cookie crumbles ("asphalt"). And they donate 1% of sales to the state for road repairs. Funny and delicious.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - bbq chicken

D - mussels

S - protein pudding

mmsmom
on 9/15/17 6:25 am - Woburn, MA

Rest assured, the stage will end - like everything in life, lol.

QOTD: Coffee - for sure, but lately I've been addicted to Dove bars... i try to at least buy the minis to keep myself in check. Also, I like the magnum raspberry..ugh, heaven help me!

B: cheerieos, pumpkin iced coffee

L: leftover chow mein (chicken)

D: going to see Phantom tonight!! Woo hoo - dinner at Fleming, so a nice filet!

E: it's miserably muggy here so maybe/maybe not

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 9/15/17 6:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Fingers crossed for you today, Erin!

I've got a few busy days. Today I get the stitches on my head removed and then I need to go into the city for race packet pickup. In between I might get an allergy shot, stop by the bank, and maybe get to Home Depot. Once home again I have to get a reply posted for one of my classes since it has weird requirements for replies. Then I've still got a discussion post, four more replies, a stakeholder analysis, and a paper topic selection due by the end of the weekend. Sigh.

QotD: I love all ice cream. It is my biggest food temptation.

1: protein shake

2: protein bar while out probably

3: some steak dish that I can't recall the name of

liquid and vites: on track

exercise: nope. But I should get a lot of steps at the race expo!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MissNexxie
on 9/15/17 6:38 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Morning all,

Taking our girl kitty in for an ultrasound this morning to see if the cysts on her liver are any bigger since last exam in May. Very stressful and I've been eating to cope. Last night had 2 cups (dry) of 1/2 honey nut cheerios and 1/2 plain cheerios at 8 PM. And I don't really like cereal. Didn't put me too much over cals for the day, but carbs through the roof. She's my baby-girl and 14 years old, so it's a tough one. Hubby has to be in the room for the actual exam because even the shaving of her belly puts me over the edge.

QOTD: I'm weird in that not a big chocolate fan (white is OK, rest not so much). Love vanilla soft serve, too. Green tea ice cream is one of my favorites along with coconut or cinnamon or any variety with 'cheesecake' in the name.

B: coffee with cream/sugar, HB egg, can flavored tuna

s: Tim Hortons coffee during vet visit

L: homemade protein shake when we get home

S: sliced swiss cheese and some turkey luncheon meat, coffee or tea

D: Not sure but will try to stick to some sort of salad like greek or caesar

E: maybe a walk this afternoon. not sure.

L: hope to hit my 2L water, plus coffee and herbal tea.

Have a great day, everyone.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Rachel B.
on 9/15/17 7:53 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm trying, desperately, to keep my food together. It's been very rough.

QOTD: Ice cream is my favorite flavor... No, actually mint chocolate chip. Though recently I had a hazelnut chocolate chip which was to die for.

AM: SF Peppermint White Mocha

B: red grapefruit

L: Cheese stick wrapped in thin sliced turkey

E: Abs & Elliptical

D: TBD

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

CC C.
on 9/15/17 1:36 pm

Hang in there, Rachel!

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/15/17 9:01 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Good luck on the interview!!

Ive been fighting a sinus infection the last few days and my PCP put my on antibiotics since nothing else was working. I dunno if it's the antibiotics or what but eventything I normally eat just sounds disgusting at the moment. I have serveral meals ready and in the freezer but I just can't stomach the idea of any of them. Hope this passes.

QOTD: Mint chocolate chip or anything peanut butter cup was always my go to ice cream. Occasionally I'll splurge and buy the Halotop ice cream but it's almost hard to justify for $6 a pint.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: 2 fried eggs with a slice of cheese

D: not sure yet, nothing sounds good.

s: protein bar

E: walking

W&V

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views