Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 9/19/17

Erin T.
on 9/19/17 3:17 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning, VSGers! Summer has returned to the great white north. It didn't drop below 70 degrees all night and it was sticky sleeping. We should have turned on the A/C in our room I guess. Today I'm taking my first Kettlebell class on my lunch break and my first Yoga class from 6-7pm. It will be a long day on T/TH from now on, as I might also run before Yoga, but I'm also super excited to get in so much activity.

QOTD: I was stumped for ideas today, so I asked Mr(s). Internet for help. What is the most useful thing your mom or dad ever taught you to do? I'm going to say, in my case the most useful thing my father ever taught me was to drive all the things. Stick shift, clutch, tractors, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, dirt bikes. I've even briefly flown his (very small) plane. I can pretty much get into anything and drive it.

8 months post-op/Maintenance/136.4lbs

M1: Coffee w/ Premier Protein, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Almonds

M3: Biltong (air dried jerky that I got in my Keto Krate) and Cheese

M4: Eggs, Hot Sauce, Cheese and Fage Yogurt

S: Pumpkin Seeds & Coffee w/ 2% milk

E: Kettlbell class, Yoga, and maybe even a run.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Cathy H.
on 9/19/17 3:31 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I hear you about the A/C, Erin, I had to turn my back down a little as well. THen it's going to be cool again next week...gotta love how schizophrenic Mother Nature is in the midwest! LOL

QOTD: My dad taught me how to enjoy life and laugh with my whole self, positivity and trust. My mom taught me patience and humility, sarcasm and humor. On the practical side, my dad taught all his girls how to use tools and rely on themselves, fix our own toilets, how to drive a car and change a flat tire, and how to throw a punch from the shoulder and "put your weight into it!" My mom taught me girl things like cooking and cleaning, but also how to be self-reliant, not to take crap from anyone, and to stand up for myself. They were my rocks, and I still miss them every day.

Having trouble sleeping again so still up, thought I'd get my menu in early today.

B: Yogurt w/peanut butter and Fiber One, coffee w/H&H and xylitol

L: Tuna salad and fresh yellow squash slices

D: Rest of the tuna salad and more squash

Water and vites on track

E: Taking loads of stuff to the recycling center

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

NoraM13
on 9/19/17 3:42 am
VSG on 08/21/17

I tried a skim latte this morning. It was the first coffee I've tried that was tolerable. I think 2% would be better and would only be about 20 extra calories. However, that would mean keeping 3 types of milk in the house. And that I also need to continue getting up a little earlier to make it. At least the espresso machine is getting some use.

QOTD - For a long time my mom would jump from hobby to hobby. For a little while, when I was in 4th grade, it was growing herbs. That was actually the start of a lifelong passion for me. Currently I teach vocational horticulture.

B - skim milk latte, cottage cheese

L - leftover chicken thigh and butternut squash with Greek yogurt dip (lemon and dill mixed in nonfat Greek yogurt)

S - protein shake

D - shrimp and broccoli (over pasta for the rest of the family)

E - I'm still on exercise restriction for the next two weeks. I've been upping my step goal every week. I'm up to 8,000. Unfortunately I have someone shadowing me at work today and tomorrow so it's going to be difficult to get in extra steps. I'll think I'll take my son to the park after work and do laps around the pond while he points at all the geese.

Water and vitamins on track.

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

CC C.
on 9/19/17 9:03 am

If you buy ultra-pasturized milk (usually one of the organic ones or Fairlife), it has a much longer shelf life than regular milk. Might make keeping 3 milks in your house a little easier.

NoraM13
on 9/20/17 3:37 am
VSG on 08/21/17

I bought some 2% Fairlife last night. I'm trying it out now, and it's good. Thanks!

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Gwen M.
on 9/19/17 6:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's been warmer here the last week as well. Weird. I hope you enjoy yoga! Running prior to yoga is a great idea because yoga can be a great way to stretch post-run.

I've got a busy day of school work ahead of me. Luckily the cleaners got here unusually early which means their arrival later won't be a distraction. I'm hopeful to get my discussion post for health management up today, but I'm going to need to think about it quite a bit first. It's about government involvement in health care delivery and I had the realization yesterday that this is probably only a good thing if your government operates on a evidence-based, secular foundation.

QOTD: The most useful thing that my parents taught me was how to think for myself and that doing so was valued. Later in life they teased me about this causing them great consternation, but I'm grateful.

1: protein shake
2: leftover chicken pomodoro
3: chipotle rubbed steak - served in wraps for the guys. Art is taking a break from Aikido right now, so he'll be grilling the flank steaks, yay!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cappy11448
on 9/19/17 7:20 am

Good Morning All,

QOTD: Great question. It really made me think about my childhood again. My father taught me that I could do anything, and encouraged me in the sciences - he was an engineer, and I became a computer scientist in my early career, BC (before children), - as I describe it. My Mom taught me compassion - which I see as one of my greatest strengths. My hubby calls it my super power! this led me to my second career helping men in prison develop the skills they need to build better lives for themselves and their families.

I'm still sticking to plan, and I have a little over 4 weeks before my next adventure. I was hoping to lose 6 more pounds before the trip, as I know I'll gain at least that much while traveling. I'm still 10 pounds over my goal weight.

breakfast - that yummy salmon - I find it so satisfying.

lunch - cheeseburger pie - yum

dinner - buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole - another great one - tastes great and its all healthy!

I hope you are all well and happy.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Rachel B.
on 9/19/17 8:07 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good morning, All! It's been a bit warmer down here, much to my consternation. Turn down the A/C... I got back to the gym yesterday, which felt wonderful. I've been going here and there since the first of the month, even took a week off, but realized last week how much I needed it to keep my anxiety at bay, and my sanity nearer to the forefront.

I have my second session with the new therapist today. Unfortunately, eating isn't getting much talking about, but then again, life that led to the disordered eating is. I am looking forward to progression.

QOTD: My parents are still giving, and for that I am fortunate. As a child, I learned respect and love for all living things. Animals are strongly valued in my family, and I have great thanks for them in my life. My compassion for animals is something that overwhelms my heart and emotions. My mother pushed me to become a nurse, and for that, I am greatful. She also modeled a 'take no ****' approach to life, which gave me the strength for a diverse career that has included working successfully in varied prison environments. Thriving actually. My daddy taught me that I can do anything.

AM: SF Peppermint white mocha

B: slice of bread with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter

L: 2 cheese sticks wrapped in thin deli meat

S: Van PP

D: TBD

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

sgg1002
on 9/19/17 8:50 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday. Rainy morning and so tempting to stay in bed! Ugha....

QOTD: I'd say from Dad, I learned musical singing ability and Mom, how to be kind, loving, patient......she was a one of a kind! :) Miss her every day.....

B: Bananas and Cream Premier in Coffee

S: Swiss cheese slice

L: Ham Roll-ups

S: Chocolate Triple Zero

D: not sure, but probably meatballs, little bit of spaghetti squash and marinara, sprinkled with parm

Water, vites/supps, walking gettin' it done....

CC C.
on 9/19/17 9:14 am

Hi everybody! I'm enjoying my last days of MI for the summer and sad to be leaving in a few days. But I'm looking forward to seeing friends and the variety of things to do CA brings. This morning I took a long walk watching the leaves starting to change and this afternoon is yanking things out of the veggie garden to put it to bed before I leave.

QOTD: My mom taught me to cook - she was awesome. My Dad has taught me how to enjoy life with childlike enthusiasm .

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - out at a neighbor's for leg of lamb dinner

Most Active