Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday 9/23/17

Erin T.
on 9/23/17 3:40 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good Morning! I slept pretty terribly last night but ended up sleeping in until 6am in my bouts of broken sleep. Two nights in a row I've forgotten to turn the fan on and woken up too hot. I'm headed to Ottawa today for a day trip!

I'm headed to Ottawa today for a day trip! We have plans to see a mosaic garden and go to an Etsy craft show. Plus, hopefully, get in lots of walking and see the parliament buildings.

QOTD: What's your favorite city to visit? I'm particularly fond of Burlington, VT in the spring. I love the lush green of the mountains and Burlington is so quaint. I like walking along Church Stree to shop.

8 months post-op/Maintenance/136.1

M1: Coffee w/ Premier Protein, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Almonds

M3: TBD (Will be out)

M4: TBD (Will be out or just getting back)

E: Lots of walking!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 4:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Saturday. We are hoping for some clearing today after four days of Tropical storm Jose hanging around. The doggies need a walk!

Interesting article which someone put up on FB (I think that is where - read it yesterday but can't remember where. I had to search for it this morning!): http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

QOTD: I love to visit Chatham (on Cape Cod), Boston, Newport RI, and Montpelier VT. DS went to school in the latter and it is the perfect New England town.

1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 34 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: something protein forward with veggies (out to lunch with friend and DD)

D: taco salad probably

S: English muffin/peanut butter, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 9/24/17 3:19 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Interesting article. I can say that if you take a look at my TrendWeight it does show that sort of effect (after the first initial plummet post surgery). I tend to lose for 2 weeks of the month and stay the same or even have a small gain for 2 weeks. When I lose it's normally 5+lbs in 7-10 days. It's been one of the baffling things about 'maintenance'. I will think that I have barely lost anything for the month and then bam I lose a ton in a few days.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/24/17 4:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, that's what happens with me too, so it really struck a chord for me.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NoraM13
on 9/23/17 4:45 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Yesterday's fair was fun. I got lots of steps in and Teddy got to pet animals. I had no problem avoiding the famous fries, although I did have one sip of apple cider (which the HS seniors pick and press as a fundraiser).

i enjoy visiting Cooperstown, NY (even though it probably doesn't qualify as a city). I'm married to a huge baseball fan, but there are also some quaint shops and galleries, and there's a living farm museum.

B - 2% Fairlife latte, cottage cheese

L - leftover chicken chili, if we're home; if we're out, probably some fish

S - protein shake with PB2

D - Saturday's are family pizza night, so I'll make either ricotta bake or try ricotta pancake mini pizzas if I have enough time

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

One-derland
on 9/23/17 5:20 am
VSG on 11/01/17

Last night I dreamed of a beautiful strawberry cream filled donut from my FAVORITE donut shop! with a nice glass of hot Chocolate!!! hmmmm.... woke up early to drive there before work to! got in my car and drove right to work NOT enjoying my protein shake that tasted like water and sand!!! who is the winner..... NOT ME!!!! ugghhhh.....

Any way the rest of today line up is

banana (snack)

black berries (whenever)

protein shake and sugar snap peas (lunch)

strawberries (snack)

I also have a mini protein shake as a pick me up in case I need it.....

On a separate note in exactly 30 day to the minute I will be checking in for my operation!

time to celebrate!

CC C.
on 9/23/17 5:30 am, edited 9/22/17 10:37 pm

Good morning all! The countdown to leave MI continues and now I'm scrambling to get stuff done before I go. Well, "scrambling" internally - my proscratinator ways mean I'm thinking/fretting about all I need to do rather than actually doing stuff...

QOTD: I like visiting Laguna Beach CA quite a bit. It's known for being an artist's village. Beautiful location, fun shops, galleries, and restaurants and it's about 13 minutes from my house. They do the Pageant of the Masters every year where they dress up people in master's paintings and sculptures. Pretty cool to see. When they turn the lights up and everyone's in place, the people flatten into the paintings.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - leftover fish

D - shrimp tacos

S - beef jerky

E - It's hot here, but I may go hiking in the shady woods

CC C.
on 9/23/17 5:39 am

PS - OH isn't playing nice with the new iOS 11's apostrophes. Several but not all come out as question marks now. Hmm...

Fredbear
on 9/23/17 7:44 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Good morning fellow former fatties! At long last vacation has arrived! Leaving soon for the airport for my first flight since surgery.

This trip is planes, trains, and automobiles... flying to Seattle, taking the train to Vancouver, then a (FREE!!!!!) 6-day cruise to Los Angeles, and finally driving a car home.

I'm pretty confident I can stay on track on the cruise. I got a last-minute temptation test yesterday when the harpies around my cube at work decided to bring in waffle fixings and make waffles (+orange juice, fruit, berries) all morning 10 feet away from me. It was surprisingly easy to say, "No thanks, I've already eaten. But thanks for asking!"

QOTD: Actually heading to two of my favorite cities today and tomorrow - Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.

B: protein shake

L: Vietnamese salad (first class meal!)

S: protein shake

D: ??? hopefully I can wrangle the group to Steelhead Diner...

E: not much, but will walk around the city as we're not renting a car

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 8:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy! Great places (I love Seattle and Vancouver too). How'd you get a free cruise?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views