I'm Sad

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 6:40 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I am really sad to see what has happened to this wonderful tool. I had my VSG a little over 5 years ago and this forum was absolutely on of my critical success factors. Every day there were anywhere between 20 posts on a slow day to well over 100 on the busier days. Now I look and I see 3 to 5 posts per day it just makes me sad that this is no longer the wonderful community it used to be. I check in here once in a while but admittedly stopped for quite some time. I as focused now as every on my health, my weight, exercise, and a relatively healthy lifestyle.

Please reach out to me directly for support and/or advice. It would be great if we could get this community fired back up again. There were a lot of great people who provide tons of great advice. We did not always see eye to eye but I do think at the end of it all there was at least a mutual respect and admiration for our individual contributions and successes.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

rissa1224
on 10/31/17 6:54 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I agree! I've slowly dwindled down on coming on here and now I need to be back. We all could use the support, I know I can. It is extremely low on the posts. I am trying to check it out daily, but I go back so far in posting to see if there's anything good posted. There are but not compared to back when I started on here. Thank you for the offering to contact you. I have always valued your support and advice!

azmichy
on 10/31/17 7:37 am
VSG on 10/24/17

When I had my band in 2003 I was on the Yahoo groups which were also crazy active and have now gone completely silent. Some haven't had posts in years. I wonder why that is? Where are people going for support?

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Gwen M.
on 10/31/17 8:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My guess is Facebook. Forum-based internet sites in general aren't as popular as they used to be due to the rise of the social media platforms.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/1/17 8:26 am - OH

Yep, Facebook...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

trkr75
on 11/1/17 7:11 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

I think most are going to Facebook, I told my buddy about this forum and he introduced me to a FB group in response. lol such is life this forum isn't for everyone but I am fairly new and like it and will continue to use both this one and FB

Ken 5'10" VSG HW-290 SW-265 CW-265 Surgery 11/08/2017

https://trendweight.com/u/31d3fd3359fa4e/

hollykim
on 10/31/17 8:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 31, 2017 at 1:40 PM Pacific Time, Keith L. wrote:

I am really sad to see what has happened to this wonderful tool. I had my VSG a little over 5 years ago and this forum was absolutely on of my critical success factors. Every day there were anywhere between 20 posts on a slow day to well over 100 on the busier days. Now I look and I see 3 to 5 posts per day it just makes me sad that this is no longer the wonderful community it used to be. I check in here once in a while but admittedly stopped for quite some time. I as focused now as every on my health, my weight, exercise, and a relatively healthy lifestyle.

Please reach out to me directly for support and/or advice. It would be great if we could get this community fired back up again. There were a lot of great people who provide tons of great advice. We did not always see eye to eye but I do think at the end of it all there was at least a mutual respect and admiration for our individual contributions and successes.

I don't guess it has anything to do with ppl who stop posting so they can" focus on their life health... etc etc etc, does it.

Why do you think YOU can choose to stop posting then expect everything to be just the same when you choose to drop in?

pretty arrogant and self righteous if you ask me

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 8:19 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Not sure where you are getting arrogant and self righteous. I had my surgery over 5 years ago, there were throngs of new people coming here all the time just like I was new when I started and gained experienced and then moved on. My expectation was that more new people would continue to come here. I guess I am seeing by your tone why people stop coming here. If you are just as judgy with others as you were with me I can understand why contributions are way down. Hope you aren't on the welcoming committee.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hollykim
on 10/31/17 1:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 31, 2017 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, Keith L. wrote:

Not sure where you are getting arrogant and self righteous. I had my surgery over 5 years ago, there were throngs of new people coming here all the time just like I was new when I started and gained experienced and then moved on. My expectation was that more new people would continue to come here. I guess I am seeing by your tone why people stop coming here. If you are just as judgy with others as you were with me I can understand why contributions are way down. Hope you aren't on the welcoming committee.

new ppl join every day. At least I'm on the welcoming committee by BEING HERE, while you are away "leading your life".

how much of a hypocrit can you possibly be?

Shannon S.
on 11/1/17 3:22 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Seeing that I can't see the persons response that your responding to means I've blocked them. Find your block button, it's an awesome tool. I have no time for trolls on a site that is suppose to be more representative of a support group. There is enough drama on fb to last a lifetime if that is what I'm in the mood for. That is not what I'm here for.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views