Halloween Tip (especially for all of you Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Lovers)

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 9:06 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

OK, I just noticed that many of you in the daily eating post said how much you enjoy(ed) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (or shapes). I too love them. I have tried the sugar free ones which are tasty but you have to wonder what kind of junk is actually in them to make them so tasty. Here is one of my go to snacks when I am craving sweets:

Protein Peanut Butter:

I take natural peanut butter (about a tablespoon) - alternatively you can us powdered peanut butter and almond milk or natural almond butter and by natural I mean no added sugar basically ground up peanuts or almods,

add chocolate protein powder to it,

add about a teaspoon of cocoa powder (or more to your liking)

add a little bit of stevia to offset the bitterness of the cocoa powder (also to your taste)

Just ma**** all together with a spoon until it is all mixed, if you used actual nut butter it should be like a ball.

I have also in the past added things like chia, flax, and/or cacao nibs.

These days I tend to keep things a bit simpler.

Let me know how you like it

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

CC C.
on 10/31/17 12:55 pm

As one of the aforementioned Reese's lovers I'll give it a try, thanks!

rissa1224
on 11/2/17 5:55 am, edited 11/1/17 10:56 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
  • This sounds fantastic! My fiancé loved them, so maybe I?ll have him try this! We usually don?t keep crap food in the house. (He?s not overweight or has he had WLS, but he's all for healthy eating with me). I just purchased the cocoa powder too, as it was on sale and I know baking season is coming and I?m looking for healthier alternatives. Silly question but the Stevia - is it liquid? Look like regular sugar? What Brand of protein powder do you use? I had tried PP powder and couldn?t tolerate it in anything I tried.

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 8:17 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Stevia comes in liquid or powder. I use sweet leaf brand for liquid (I think they make a vanilla flavor and possible others as well) and I use stevia in the raw for the powder. I also use Erythritol sometimes as well. Something that works really well is the pure sucralose (same stuff they make splenda out of), it is not mixed with the same fillers as splenda so you can use a very very very small amount and get an unbelievable amount of sweetness out of it. I also use Truvia (I think that is splenda/erythritol mix...not positive).

Something I have tried is monk fruit in the raw, not as sweet but low carb.

There is also a new sweetener on the market that is supposedly zero carb and works/tastes like sugar called Allulose. I have not tried it yet and there is not a lot of info out there about it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views