Small observations...

CC C.
on 11/7/17 12:30 pm

So I had homemade chicken soup for lunch (delish) and it prompted a few funny post-WLS observations. Feel free to add any weird little things you've noticed too!

1. I used to microwave leftovers for 5 to 6 minutes because my portions were so big. I haven't nuked anything longer than 2.5 minutes since surgery, and mostly 30 seconds to 1 minute does it!. Ah, post-WLS portions...

2. Soup has always given me a runny nose. Approaching full now makes my nose run. Getting full on soup means I won't be eating soup in front of others anytime soon! Hello, nasal tsunami!

Ladyblu
on 11/8/17 5:07 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Oh, how accurate!

My microwave will probably last forever now. I also used to have to cook things for as many as 8 minutes, now I barely do more than 30 seconds.

1. Small bowls. I used to not buy the plastic bowls that were smaller than 4 cups. Now, I buy bowls that are as little as a 1/4 cup. My big bowls are now lonely in the cabinets and the small bowls are feeling used and abused. Pain in the rear to unload the dishwasher now as there are bunches of little bowls that have to be dried before they can be put away! Ha!
  2. There are 3 in my family (Mom, Husband and me). I used to cook for 6 to feed us all. Now I barely cook for 2 and essentially eat off the fringes of what they eat. (Obviously I make my own plate, but I just take a smidgen of this and that from "their" portions.
  3. I no longer buy the industrial sizes of anything. It lasts too dang long and I get tired of eating it day after day after day. Single size portions can last me four meals.
  4. I am eating more "high end" items like lobster. Having lobster for dinner pre-surgery would cost over $150 for the family. I can now do lobster for under $20. I love me some lobster!

All things that were not part of the WLS advertisement...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views