Whatcha Eating Today VSGers Sunday 11/19/17

Ladyblu
on 11/19/17 6:02 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning VSG'ers. Our regulars are probably sleeping in so I'll get us started for today.

I got a reprieve on the Sunday Crab boil. We have postponed until Monday, so today is more cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and organizing. It's embarrassing to say, but I have not actively helped clean my house in probably 5 years. In the last two days, I have dusted, vacuumed and organized BY MY SELF.

I am calling this a HUGE NSV. (I'm also sore as hell, but it was worth it!)

QOTD: Let's talk cars today. What do you drive? SUV, monster truck, sports car or cooper mini? Is it your preference? What would you drive if $ were no object?

I have a Dodge Caravan and a Toyota Rav 4. Meh. Boring, but functional. My dream car would be a brand new Cadillac or other high end comfortable car with heated seats and nice sound system. And my other car would be a Mustang convertible. Top down, wind in my hair!

M1: Venison egg beater omelet with LC cheese and mushrooms. (YUM!)

M2: Almond Butter and yogurt

M3: Leftover Progresso light Italian meatball soup (no pasta) with protein powder

M4: Chicken and vegs

M5: Shrimp

S: Something no/low carb if hungry. (Jerky or nuts depending on what else I eat today).

E: Cleaning, organizing and shopping for Thanksgiving.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Knitter215
on 11/19/17 6:18 am
VSG on 08/23/16

QOTD - Right now, I drive a 2009 Volvo XC90 that I bought new to me in December with about 100K on it (that's just broken in for a Volvo.) I miss my truck - for 14 years I drove a Ford Expedition - huge mother with a V-8 and adult seating for 8 without cramping and luggage. Dream car - two - another Expedition (I love that truck) or Ford F150 and a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird Black -- fully restored - T-Top with the Phoenix painted on the hood. It is the car of my dreams from high school.

B - two eggs scrambled with 1 tb cheese and 1 slice toast

L - probably the butternut squash soup I made the other day

D - We're doing Early Thanksgiving - I'm doing Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans today since we are eating out on Thanksgiving so I won't have leftovers from the actual day!

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US!

Today is a recovery day for exercise - I was at the gym for 3 hours yesterday.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Erin T.
on 11/19/17 6:44 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's snowing...a lot! We have about 2" since I woke up at 7am. I really dislike winter. I'm already feeling claustrophobic about it.

QOTD: I drive a 2016 Subaru Forester. Because of the above mentioned snow the AWD is really a nice to have here. And it has a heated seats, which in a Subaru aren't just available in the fancy models. We also have a 2005 Subaru Legacy that my husband drives. Because he works from home he only puts about 3k miles on it per year though. He is planning on selling it and getting a truck in the spring. If money were no option we'd buy a Mercedes Sprinter van with seating for us and storage for our motorcycles. Or, maybe an RV to tote us around the country.

10 months post-op/Maintenance/132.6lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Walnuts

M3: Leftover Burrito Bowl (no rice)

M4: Boneless, skinless chicken thigh

M5: Yogurt w/ Pecans & PB

E: Not today, but I did run my 5k yesterday!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

cindyct
on 11/19/17 7:26 am - Manchester, CT
VSG on 11/17/17

QOTD: I have a Prius V, which is the station wagon type model. Before I had bought it i had committed to trying to get a fuel efficient car, and this is the one I picked. I still love it. I would love a nice pickup truck also - maybe a Tocoma. If money was no object...I wouldn't mind trying out a Tesla. Would also love a fancy travel trailer. Go anywhere and your still home.

Trying to get in all the fluids right now is no joke. I managed to get breakfast in over the course of 2 hours. Now to work on the water for a while.

B: Premier Protein Caramel

L: Oikos Greek yogurt thinned with milk.

D: Premier Protein Vanilla

S: Oikos greek yogurt thinned with milk

Water, working on it.

Vits on track.

Ht: 5'7" HW: 355? StartW: 304 (5/5/17) SW:272, CW 204 (6/29/18)

VSG Scheduled 11/16/17 with Dr Jon Perrillo, St Francis Medical Group

PreOp: 32, M1 17, M2 9.2, M3 10.8, M4 10.8, M5 6.6, M6 6.6, M7 5.6

Highfunctioningfatman
on 11/19/17 7:48 am
VSG on 08/29/16

QOTD: Such a loaded question for me! I have owned 250+ vehicles. I put myself through college buying and selling 157 vehicles. I had a detailed binder with a picture of each one, what i paid for it, what I did to it and its profit. We currently own 13 vehicles mostly GM trucks and SUVs. If money were no object I would be driving a 1953 Buick Skylark convertible.

B: half of a leftover burger.

L: haven't made it that far!

D: church potluck

Fredbear
on 11/19/17 9:14 am
VSG on 11/29/16

YAY I get to participate again!

QOTD: I drive a KIA Soul. If money were no object I would absolutely buy another one, too. I hate driving (well, more correctly, I hate driving with other people on the road, particularly snow birds that have descended upon the city like a plague of idiots...), and the Soul is perfect size for me and the spouse and whatever I need to haul - groceries, instruments, etc. And OMG, heated steering wheel and heated seats are the best after WLS when I get cold at the drop of a hat. In the summer, the cooled seats save your butt (literally) in the desert.

B: 4 oz. cottage cheese

L: leftover meat

S: protein shake

D: probably Mexican

E: none today. Did 13 km walk yesterday with some RUNNING! I haven't run since I was a teenager. Felt great, a little sore this morning.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Kristi T.
on 11/19/17 9:19 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Congratulations on your NSV Ladyblu, that's great! I love to clean and organize, it helps me when I feel out of control or overwhelmed by other things. In fact, that's what I am doing today as well.

QOTD-I have been driving my uncle's 2015 Jeep Cherokee ever since he moved into assisted living, my car is too underwhelming to mention:-) If money were not object I would have a 2017 Volvo Hybrid.

B-1 Keto pancake w/SF strawberry jam

L-canned chicken with mayo, 1/2 small apple

S-Chai tea with cream and stevia

D-Homemade chili

E-Afternoon hike with my dog

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Gwen M.
on 11/19/17 11:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Got out "early" to see a movie today! That was nice. It's nice to be able to get out of the house, even if only for sitting things. I made a huge post to the plastics forum yesterday about my experience so far with my thigh/leg lift.

QOTD: Being a three adult household, we are also a three car household. We've got a Mazda6, a Mini two-door hard top, and an ancient Toyota Corolla that we bought from my grandfather when he was no longer able to drive. I'm really hoping the Toyota will hold out for the remaining two years on the Mazda loan. I honestly don't like driving any of them - I love driving, they're just all so weirdly shaped. I probably prefer the Toyota most, even though it sucks, just because it's the most normally shaped of the three. The Mazda is a freaking boat and the Mini is, well, a Mini. :P I love the safety features of the Mazda so, when the Toyota finally dies, I predict that I'll be replacing it with a Mazda3 hatchback (since the Toyota is technically "my" car, that means I get to have the most input. We all drive all three of the cars, but since I drive the least I tend to drive the jankiest of the three.). I'm considering at least looking at the newer, more affordable Tesla models, though. I wouldn't want a solely electric car if it were our only car, but as a third car it's completely feasible. Strangely enough, the car I've enjoyed driving most in recent years is my mom's Ford C-Max.

1: protein shake
2: protein shake
3: Um.. protein shake? Maybe some deli chicken! Maybe both. I've got orders to consume "protein until you (not quite) vomit" for healing reasons :P And not a lot of food is sounding good to me right now.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: just the exercise of existence right now :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ShirlAus
on 11/19/17 12:49 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Well done LadyBlu - must feel awesome :)

Monday morning here and the start of the working week. Im thankful that I have a great boss as Im working from my sister in laws farm for a few days. Its so peaceful and just makes me want to fast forward time - so that we can be up here full time earlier.

QOTD: I drive a Hyundai I30 Wagon- diesel. Very ecomomical. My husband recently bought me my dream car - 1977 MG Midget - early 50th present

B: Bacon and Eggs

S: TBD

L: Leftover Chicken, Bacon & Sour cream pie - minus pastry

D: Chicken Schnitzels (mums request) and fresh salad from my SIL veggie garden

Have a great evening all :)

Shirley

CC C.
on 11/19/17 1:03 pm

Good afternoon!

I had to be out early for a hike this morning, so I missed posting before now. It was quite nice, but very hilly! Afterwards we went for coffee at a nearby biker hangout. An eye opening experience...

QOTD: I have a BMW X5 SUV. I love the car, but hate the repair costs... My dream car is anything that plays nice with my iPhone, is comfortable, holds a lot of people and stuff, is reliable, is fun to drive, and doesn't need a lot of expensive repairs. Ooh, and a great stereo!

B - coffee and yogurt

L - broad beans, cheese, salami

D - Panera chicken cobb salad

Most Active