Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 11/22/17

Erin T.
on 11/22/17 3:18 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good Morning, VSGers! It's Thanksgiving Eve! Who gets to be off today? I will be able to leave work a little early, but I do have to work today. We are doing dinner at my father's house. I'm not actually very excited about it all because this is my first year to have to navigate a food holiday. I imagine I'll be having 3oz of turkey and a couple bites of other things. I guess it's good news that when everyone else is falling asleep on the couch I'll still be ready to go!

QOTD: Plane, Train, or Automobile (or boat!). Which is your favorite way to travel? I'm one of those weirdos that love to travel via car. I like the journey just as much as the destination. However, my kids don't appreciate it as much and they ruin it by being impatient. So, my recent trips that included airplanes were also pretty great. I'd love to drive across the U.S. someday. We always said we'd do it when the kids were older but I can see the seething looks now.

10 months post-op/Maintenance/133.0lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, 1oz of Cheese

M3: Chicken Breast w/ Mayo

M4: Chicken Breast w/ Cheese & leftover squash casserole

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

S: Nuts & Protein Bar (or something?)

E: 2.5-mile run, I hope

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NoraM13
on 11/22/17 4:00 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Good morning! I have to work today. We have parent teacher conferences. At least it's only until 3 - several years ago there was an evening conference this day too. Last night we went to the shelter to see about a dog. We found one we really liked - they said she was part basset hound and part terrier - she's short and muscular. We've been nervous about getting another dog, because we had to rehome one last year when he started attacking our elderly pug. This one has been used by the shelter as a therapy dog, so we feel pretty comfortable. We still have to take the pug to meet her. They want us to bring the cat as well, but he screeches any time he's in the carrier, and I can't deal with it. I'm really looking forward to having a walking buddy to force me to get moving in the morning.

QOTD - Erin- I agree with you. Car trips are far less enjoyable now that we have a kid. I do like flying. I was in my early twenties the first time I flew, and I still remember the thrill when the plane took off.

B - latte, cottage cheese

L - tuna salad

S - Protein shake

D - sausage and peppers

E - leg day

water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Kristi T.
on 11/22/17 10:12 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Nora I hope it works out with the meeting between your potential new buddy and your pug! Shelter dogs make the best companions, and this little guy has already worked as a therapy dog...bonus!!!!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 11/22/17 7:09 am
VSG on 08/29/16

QOTD: Automobiles! I have been fortunate enough to take two cross country trips. One was in my 97 Corvette when I went from Oregon to California all across Interstate 10 jumped up to Odenville Alabama and saw my cousin. I got to hit Talladega Raceway and then head on over to Atlanta Georgia to spend time with my sister and her family. My sister and I both went down to Florida and saw my great-aunt and Tallahassee and then head on over to St Augustine, the oldest city in the United States. I got to see the Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic all in the same trip. I dropped off my sister and then took the middle route back across the United States. I went to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky. I came back through the Bonneville Salt Flats and got the car up to 155 miles an hour on the salt. I put the camera down about 122. Any place that I wasn't staying with family, I was camping. I did that entire trip in 2007 including fuel for $1,600. That was an awesome trip!

The other cross-country trip I did with my wife. In 2012 we bought are dually in Florida. We kept looking for a crew cab, dually, 4 wheel drive, diesel truck. It had to be a Chevy or a GMC and no newer than 2000. It turns out those trucks are quite Regional and very difficult to find. Since then I've owned two others... It was one heck of an adventure including lying used car dealership, a lying guy that we sent to check it out who obviously never did, roadside repairs, losing overdrive in Texas, making a wrong turn and Fort Worth and damn near losing our lives, a massive wind storm just outside of Susanville California that caused us to lose part of a load that we picked up in Texas, a great night at Circus Circus and trip that we will never forget.

B: leftover calzone

L: leftover calzone

D: not sure yet

ShirlAus
on 11/22/17 11:43 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Great Pics - Love the corvette :)

Highfunctioningfatman
on 11/22/17 1:18 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I loved that car! I sold it for all the right reasons but I do miss it.

yvonnef1964
on 11/22/17 7:36 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

QOTD car, you get to see so much on your trip. Can stop and see something if you desire.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp Apple

D cheeseburger no bun and piece of cheesecake

Have a good day

Rachel B.
on 11/22/17 7:40 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good morning! My work gives us thursday and friday off.

QOTD: I prefer to fly! Especially the long distances. I have a service dog and its easier to fly with her.

AM: SF white chocolate mocha with SF almond Rocha

B: two pieces of toast

L: HB eggs

S: Strawberry & Cream PP

D: ? chile?? I'm putting something together in my instant pot...

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

azmichy
on 11/22/17 8:26 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Working from home today and logging off early to go to a movie and dinner with all the family that is in town. Happy because I got my SF Pumpkin Spice Torani and made a mock, pumpkin spice latte this morning. Basically decaf, with a bit of HH, and the syrup. DELISH.

QOTD: Flying causes major anxiety and I have to heavily medicate to pull it off. It's gotten so much worse the last few years. I get sick on boats so, I guess I would have to say car. I hope some day I can pull off international travel as I am working on several techniques to help the flight terror.

B - 2 hard boiled eggs and faux PS latte

S1 - Greek yogurt

L - Turkey meatballs with marinara or buffalo tuna

S2 - I am taking a lite cheese stick and some turkey jerky to the movie

D - Skinnytaste Cubano Chicken and black beans

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Ladyblu
on 11/22/17 9:24 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! Since I'm still unemployed, I have the whole day to prepare! (Lemons to lemonade again! Yay me!) Today is prepping and cooking for tomorrow. I'm hosting TG this year, doing a smoked, spatch****ed cured turkey, a traditional roasted stuffed turkey and a boneless ham. Roasted mashed butternut squash, gravy and roasted brussel sprouts. Someone else is bringing drinks, deserts, rolls and green bean casserole. And I plan to send most of the leftovers home with them. My husband hates eating leftovers and it would take me two years to eat it all.

We got a lot done at my husband's store last night, but we need to go back tonight (and probably tomorrow night) to finish restocking and doing renovation so he will be ready for Black Friday. Lots of stretching and moving so I'm counting that as my exercise today again.

QOTD: I used to be an over the road truck driver when I was married to my first husband. I loved driving the highways at night in the big rig. I loved the peaceful quiet time of the miles going by. I would have long conversations with other truckers over the CB and the camaraderie and the people you would meet was amazing. I also loved seeing the different states. I hated the city driving, but he did that part. I'd love to go cross country by car again someday, but stay in motels along the way.

M1: Yogurt, blueberries and almond butter, coffee and FF Half and half

M2: ¼ Applebee's Thai Shrimp Salad (no wontons)

M3: Chicken

M4: TBD

M5: TBD

S: Jerky

E: Prepping for Thanksgiving, cutting, chopping, stirring, cooking. More stretching and lifting at the shop tonight.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Most Active