Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 12/1/17

Erin T.
on 12/1/17 2:59 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Is it really December already?! I'm not ready for the real depths of winter to be upon us. I guess before we know it, it will be spring.

QOTD: What are your plans for this weekend? Tomorrow I'm taking a kettlebell class that is being held as a fundraiser for a local fire department. We are hoping to also pop out and cut a Christmas tree at the local tree farm. Then my uncle and his wife are coming for Prime Rib dinner. On Sunday there's a Reindeer Dash scheduled at the kid's old school that I'm going to go run for fun and then I have to write a paper that is due on Tuesday.

10 months post-op/Maintenance/132.8lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Walnuts

M3: Turkey & Cheese

M4: Salmon w/ Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB or maybe today I'll actually eat some Halotop instead

E: I didn't get over to the fitness center yesterday because I pulled into completing interviews for someone who was out sick, so I hope to go get on a bike today.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Acedding27
on 12/1/17 3:45 am
VSG on 12/14/17

December HAS gotten here pretty quickly! It seems like the school year JUST started and I'm already about to get my second crop of kids. I cannot believe that my youngest nephew is about to be a year old. Time really does fly faster as we get older, it seems. I've seen several people comment that they wish they had not scheduled their surgeries around the holidays, but I feel like it gives me something to look forward to besides food. I love looking at the Christmas lights and going to the Christmas plays and Choir concerts. A local park has a drive through "show" with songs and coordinated lights that is different every year! I love Christmas.

QOTD: We always go to the park on either Friday or Saturday afternoon. I'll probably take a couple short walks and sleep in on Saturday. I work my second job on Sunday and I'll be grading papers the rest of that day! I'm going to go ahead and stock up on bone broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, etc to prepare for my liquids only diet before and right after surgery.

B: Premier protein shake BANANAS AND CREAM

L: 4 oz. Turkey tenderloin, 1 cup of whole green beans

D: same (but with sriracha!)

No snacks allowed...but I have already drank 16 oz of water!

mmsmom
on 12/1/17 4:40 am - Woburn, MA

December already!! I wouldn't be concerned about surgery before the holidays - there's always something going on. I had my lapband on the day before thanksgiving (2007) - and everyone else was just fine with a store bought prepared meal - it's only one year!

QOTD: Not much planned - shopping saturday for a new bathrobe and stocking stuffers - everything else is bought and what has been delivered has been wrapped - 60something boxes so far. Getting together with old co-workers on Sunday morning to see their kids. We used to meet at Santa at the mall, but it's too insane - you can't even get into the mall lot, no thanks!

B: already ate cheerios - so much for going carb free :/

L: leftover salad, new whey (42 gr of protein)

D: idk, maybe some chicken or shrimp

E: will walk

L/V: good!

VSG on 04/28/2014

NoraM13
on 12/1/17 5:26 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Good morning. We had another rough night, but now we're actively sleep training (instead of just groggily responding to night time awakenings). Tonight should be much better, at least until the next cold / tooth / sleep regression.

QOTD - We have vet appointments for our older dog and the cat tonight. Tomorrow we are meeting up with friends and going to see "Phanta Claus" - the Philly Phanatic dressed as Santa. I'm not much of a sports fan, and I'm not thrilled about dealing with those crowds. I need to finish decorating, and there are new piles of leaves in the yard that I need to deal with. We're almost finished our shopping, and I'd like to start wrapping things.

B - latte, cottage cheese

L - leftover chicken and broccoli

D - TBD (possibly out to dinner after vet visits)

S - protein shake

E - kettlebell workout

Water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/1/17 5:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

December definitely snuck in! It doesn't feel like that time of year here in Florida, but hopefully will when we return to New England in 10 days for Christmas.

QOTD: On that note, I'm going to look for some Christmas themed stuff around here for the weekend to see if it will help get us in the spirit.

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: Turkey salad

D: Possibly crack slaw as I need to use the ingredients which I bought for it a few days ago

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

SallyCat
on 12/1/17 5:49 am
VSG on 10/17/16

QOTD: I will probably have to work this weekend. Boo. Other than that I will decorate for Christmas. I also need to do my Angel Tree gifts. I always pick an elderly person. This year it's Maxine who is 87 and wants sheets, towels, and face cream. What kind of face cream should I get??

B: yogurt and coffee

L: We are having Moe's catered, so thinking I will make a salad with some chicken on it. I brought a Real Good Pizza and stuck it in the freezer for a backup if needed.

D: chicken, roasted root veggies, and green beans

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Acedding27
on 12/1/17 6:09 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Garnier and Aveeno both make some really nice face creams that don't break the bank!

SallyCat
on 12/1/17 7:00 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Thank you. I will check them out.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/17 5:57 am
VSG on 01/12/17

QOTD: No real big plans this weekend and it feels amazing. I am not working until Tuesday when my new position starts, and my last day of my previous job was last Tuesday. So, I'm doing almost nothing other than the basics of my every day and a lot more sleeping in for awhile!

Breakfast - Nature's Own wheat + protein bread with Greek cream cheese

Lunch - Pork chop strips and sliced green onion

Dinner - My smooth/simple chicken salad "sandwich" with romaine lettuce leaf as my bread.

Snack - Fage plain greek yogurt, half of a premier protein shake, 1 oz of Parmesan cheese (from a wedge not the grated!)

SallyCat
on 12/1/17 7:06 am
VSG on 10/17/16

I know the menu thread probably isn't the most appropriate place to post this. One of the girls in my dept just asked how I was doing, and I said great. She said, "Are you still losing? I think you're done. You don't need to lose any more." She is the nicest person and I know she doesn't mean any ill will. But especially after the Thanksgiving weekend I just had with all of the criticism, I just wish my weight and what I eat or don't eat would fade away as a topic of conversation. Hopefully someday I will just be me... not the person that lost all the weight.

Most Active