VSG in Ohio - Insurance, letter of medical necessity and Requirements

Mirandia
on 12/6/17 10:15 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

My insurance is Paramount Advantage.

Got my surgery through Mercy Weight Management Center in Toledo (http://mercyweightmanagement.org/) It was done by Dr. Fourman. I have nothing but good things to say about this team.

My PCP on the other hand .. not so much, but they got the job done. I go to South Side Community Health Center (http://www.nhainc.org/south-side-health-center) My process involved 3 different family doctors. The first one first suggested surgery to me I didn't follow up on it at the time, the second sent me to the clinic when I decided I was ready. Then I had to deal with Dr. #3 to get all the paperwork. She was terrible. But the folks at the weight loss clinic called her and got everything taken care of. This medical center takes medicaid as well .. so getting the proper paperwork cost me nothing at all.

My advice ... go to your old Dr. office and get your weight history ASAP, attend a free seminar at the weight loss clinic (info on their website) and pick your insurance as soon as possible. In fact, I would visit the mercy clinic or call 419-251-8760 and ask them which one they would prefer you to get. I think the insurance deadline is 12/15 so seriously, don't wait.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

Mirandia
on 12/6/17 10:22 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

oh .. and doctor #3 is also now gone from this clinic. The new guy isn't bad though.

andriyuhh
on 12/6/17 10:23 pm

Hey! Congrats!!!!! I actually called Mercy and they told me Paramount is probably best so i picked them and will recieve my information from Paramount at the end of this month. I am currently trying to get old medical history, make appointments and be ready as soon as I am able to. I know you have probably been asked before but can you tell what were you're requirements (and time)and test you had to take? I would really like to get some info from someone in my state who is went to Mercy just as I will be! Thanks for replying to my post! Also if you have any info on any doctors who arent going to give you the round please refer them! Lol I just kmow some doctors can be really rude amd judgemental so im trying to do my research before wasting any time!

Mirandia
on 12/6/17 10:39 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

Well, I started with a BMI of 49. In that category you don't need a co-morbidity like diabetes or high cholesterol. I THINK if your BMI is lower than 40 you need to have a co-morbidity to qualify. And yeah .. it also requires 6 monthly visits so there isn't a rush to do ANYTHING really, except make the first appointment. Mercy has online seminars ... so you can watch a video that covers everything once you fill out your name and contact info.

andriyuhh
on 12/7/17 7:28 am

Okay, thanks im going to visit the website and give that clinic a call!

Happy Holidays!

Pentgirl578
on 12/22/17 3:42 pm

In my experience the insurance company didn't have the specific info. Because customer service reps only know basic info. So what I did was call bariactric programs and they had all the details on the requirements and everything that needs to be submitted for approval.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views