Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday 12/17/17

Erin T.
on 12/17/17 4:07 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I'm 11 months post op today. This month, I'm officially maintaining as I'm within the same 2/10th's of a pound that I was on my 10-month surgiversary! We never made it to the smokehouse yesterday. We left and got about 10 miles from home and it was whiteout conditions and the roads were horrible. We turned around and went and put new tires on my car, something that had needed to be done anyway, but was made very obvious with the road conditions. Then we visited a bunch of little local shops to finish up our shopping instead of the smokehouse. Oh well!

QOTD: As a child/young adult/adult were you ever athletic? I never played any sports and even now that I feel great while running, I can't imagine having to coordinate with other members. I'm a total klutz.

11 months post-op/Maintenance/133.1lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: Leftover Burrito Bowl (didn't end up eating it yesterday)

M4: TBD, not sure what I'll pull out yet

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

yvonnef1964
on 12/17/17 4:42 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Congrats on 11 months, Erin

I ended up at a birthday party yesterday so I indulge in cake and my meals weren't what I planned.

Qotd I was overweight as a child but I played softball and was active. Now it wouldn't happen.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D bean soup

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/17/17 6:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Almost to your one year surgiversary. You are doing great with maintenance!

I'm still pretty much doing nothing after having facial PS on Thursday. But I do get to take a shower today. Yahoo!

QOTD: I never considered myself athletic when young. I couldn't throw a softball properly and I would struggle with the mile run. I did play basketball and enjoyed it. When I was running in my late 40's and enjoying it I wondered whether I could have been doing that when I was younger.

1 year, 9 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? Something from the freezer probably

S: English muffin with peanut butter

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 12/17/17 9:01 am

Happy surgiversary, Erin!

Just sitting around healing and walking here. It's still so dry and windy. While it makes for beautiful days, I'd do anything for some rain! I'm down 4.8 pounds this week with surgery. It's the first time in my life I've ever not wanted to lose weight and did anyway...

QOTD: I played varsity basketball in high school for 4 years. When you're the tallest girl in school, it's sort of mandatory.

B, L, D, S: last day of liquids! Protein shakes, blended soups and broths, water, coffee, cocoa, popsicles

Ladyblu
on 12/17/17 9:19 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning VSG'ers. Today is unseasonably warm and it will be 81 degrees by Wednesday. Blech. I know its way better than 20 degrees and I don't miss the ice and snow up north, but c'mon it's Christmas... 40-50's would be nice.

This morning was my mom's 73rd birthday. I take care of her and she lives with me. DH and I went shopping and got her a gifts, cards and a cheesecake. We woke her this morning @ 5:30 am (before DH went to his shop) and we celebrated. I had a tsp of birthday cake. Mom and I went back to bed. It is so nice having her live with me. She is my best friend and I thank God everyday for my relationship with her.

QOTD: I was never athletic. Even when I was 120 pounds (17-19), I hated to sweat. My hair and makeup always had to be perfect so sports were out of the question. As a child, I was always overweight so outside of a couple of pick-up, in the street, baseball games (usually played with a tennis ball), I never participated in sports. I did however love to swim. We had a pool from the time I was 5-12 and every summer, I would live in it. I used to love to pretend I was a mermaid.

M1: 2 Poached Eggs

M2: LO Stir Fry Pork

M3: 3 oz Poached chicken breast

M4: Faye, protein powder and SF peach jello

M5: Snow crab stuffed mushrooms (went shopping last night so this didn't get cooked)

S: Something with protein and no/low carbs depending on what gets eaten above.

E: None today.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Kristi T.
on 12/17/17 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I care for my mom as well and she will be 73 on January 7th! She is my bestfriend too, which is wonderful since we didn't like each other much when I was younger!

TeenSleever
on 12/17/17 9:28 am, edited 12/17/17 1:28 am

QOTD - I?ve always been overweight so sports weren?t really my forte but when i was a kid i liked to swim. When i was in HS though i was sedentary and now at university i try to walk a lot but still not athletic.

B: fat free plain greek yogurt with Splenda

S: coffee

L: Janet and Greta swiss and caramelized onions chicken meatballs with some honey mustard

D: garlic butter shrimp with sautéed veggies (will eat dinner out)

S: celery and cream cheese

Drank some green tea with Splenda throughout the day

Acedding27
on 12/17/17 9:30 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! My life seems to revolve around 4-5 hour naps in the recliner and 15 minute walks around the neighborhood. It's chilly and drizzly here today, but I kind of enjoy the rain.

QOTD: Well, I've been overweight since I was about 9, so I wouldn't say that I was ever athletic. However, I did play softball for two years (9 and 10) and I was in a bowling league until I was about 14. I still love going bowling; I'm going to go as soon as I'm cleared to lift and move that much!

2 oz of water every 15-20 minutes

1.5 oz of yogurt drink every hour

Sugar free popsicle tonight probably.

Tomorrow is day 4 post op and my instructions say I can add in 2 protein shakes a day! Woohoo! I'm feeling kind of tired and I feel like that may be why.

Quick question, can I take a small dose of Miralax this soon after surgery? I haven't had a BM since the day before (so 4 days) and I'm getting uncomfortable. My surgeons out till tomorrow and I'd hate to call the emergency number for something trivial.

CC C.
on 12/17/17 2:05 pm

I started Miralax pretty early.

Kristi T.
on 12/17/17 10:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! We had sun yesterday! It was wonderful, I took Emmy for a walk on a trail that weaved through a bunch of pastures without trees. We drenched ourselves for 1 1/2 hours in the sun. Today it's back to the normal dreary, grey and cold.

QOTD-I was on the track and volleyball team until 10th grade. I ended up being the girl's basketball team "statistician" throughout high school after I started gaining weight.

B-plain greek yogurt with 2tsp SF pudding mix and pumpkin seeds

L-leftover steak from last nights dinner at Applebees

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia

D-Hamburger and cabbage stir fry, cottage cheese and fruit

E-Hike with my dog

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Most Active