Resounding Recovery Complete Details

Eishes31365
on 12/19/17 7:39 am
VSG on 12/18/17

My VSG surgery has been completed in Juarez Mexico at Hospital Angeles with Dr.Jose Rodriguez-Villareal and I am giving my complete review from our hotel stay at Microtel El Paso By Wyndham to our hospital stay. First, Belite Weight has proven a GOD sent.They have called me often and made themselves available to me always. From Skye my patient care coordinator, to Terri and some others whose name I have forgotten. When I originally booked my surgery, I had safety concerns and parking concerns and just concerns and they offered a resolution at every interval, calmly resourcefully and professionally. I received my questionaire same day filled it out and three days later I was approved. I paid my deposit easily, received my files quickly and diet plans and have been taken care of and spoiled, I appreciate all they have done with and for me. Now, the hotel staff at Microtel were amazing. We checked in on the 17th after a ten plus hour drive at 3:00 p.m. and our room was ready in five minutes. They even offered paid parking at the hotel and shuttle service, which proved a blessing to us because we were confused on the parking and pick up for us, but our Amigo van driver knew right where to find us. It smelled wonderful and was excellently clean, I promise. The only concern we had was we being husband and wife needed some intimate time and we had a seemingly religious older couple next door to us in a adjoining room, which was not a problem at all, we are Christians; we just wanted to ensure in our interactions, we were not a bother respectfully to them. When I called the front office and explained, they immediately switched rooms for us within two minutes. The new room was just as clean and smelled just as Heavenly. Ten minutes later Crystal with the front desk texted us to make sure everything was fine with our room. I told her great and it was and we had a great night. We ordered room service and it was real good as my husband says and prompt and on time. The customer service was superb.

Our van driver with Amigo, also took great care of us. He called on Sunday for our pickup Monday and texted me. Jaime was on time for 8 A.M. and very helpful. The van they sent accommodated us nicely as both my husband and I are large people. Jaime was a safe driver and very informative as a tour guide or all subjects, even water consumption etc.

When we arrived Hospital Angeles, we were checked in and given a English speaking translator. She explained my check in process and all the paper work I had to sign, it was all in Spanish because legally it had to be for the appropriate HIPAA protol. I paid my balance my cashier check and received a copy of it and we moved to my room. The nurses asked me more health questions and filled out more medical history forms for me to sign. She took us in the room and gave us a tour and explained how to make calls, the bed, and television. All channels except the music ones are in spanish and Animal Planet, but we have our phones and Netflix works great.

I was gowned and immediately taken to X-Ray for my chest and they did a EKG on me. I came back to my room and was IVed and stayed there until about 11:40 A.M.

At 11:50, I was compression socked and asked more questions in surgery and given something to relax. And it relaxed me, I remember only looking at the clock at 11:50 A.M. and then being out of surgery at 2:00 P.M.

Immediately after surgery, I had no pain or nausea, but I was extremely itchy all over my body. They took off my compression socks because I was itching so bad.

I was taken back to my room about 2:15 P.M. and still I was itchy, my husband did all he could to help. The room was cold then to me and we turned on the heat and I fell asleep. I woke up again about 4:00 P.M. I was not hungry but I was thirsty and they gave me ice chips. My husband told mye about his great lunch at the hosptial restaurant. Rincon Azul he said the food was for our taste okay and it was affordable with real good customer service.

The nurses, doctors, and patient attendants here are very attentive. Most do not speak English, but they use media translators with us. My nurses check on my often and attend any concerns I have. If I push the red button they are here in a minute flat, I promise. The patient care attendant brought my husband all he needed and makes themselves available to him whenever he needs. My nurses medicate me through the IV and they are consistent with checking my sugar, because I have Diabetes. I hate the nausea medication and pain meds, however; because they seem to make me have these symptoms. Without them, I have no pain or nausea and I get itchy again with them. (My English speaking translator just came in as I was typing and my husband told her about my itchiness and she is going to get my doctor. As, I said very prompt)

I walked 20 minutes three times yesterday and I did my breathing toy, to remove excess gas every two hours for ten minutes, it's fun.

Over all, I have had a grand experience and I would recommend Microtel El Paso By Wyndham, Belite Weight, Hospital Angeles, Dr. Jose Rodriguez-Villareal and his team, and Amigo Shuttle to anyone wanting to have their surgery in Juarez Mexico through Belite Weight.

Height: 5'3"

HW documented:351

SW: 261;

Post Surgery Weight at Hospital:257

CW: 246- 7 days Out

M1- 15lbs

Colossians 3:14-17(NASB)

14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.15 Let the peace of CHRIST rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16ALet the WORD of CHRIST richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another 17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the LORD JESUS , giving thanks through Him to GOD the FATHER.

Gwen M.
on 12/19/17 9:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm glad you've had/are having such a great experience!! Although I think you're the first person I've ever seen describe an incentive spirometer as "fun." Hehe. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Acedding27
on 12/19/17 4:27 pm
VSG on 12/14/17

Haha! I hated that blasted thing at first. It was painful to take such deep breaths on the first few days!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views