1st round of clothes shopping!!!

Shannon S.
on 12/26/17 5:37 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

So my work pants have been falling off my behind, so I figured it was time to buy a few things. Today bought 3 pairs of pants in 18/20. I'm usually a 24 or 26. I bought two cardigans in 18/20 as well (formally 22/24). Not to mention I used all the gift cards at Ulta and Sephora everyone gave me for Christmas, so I feel super pampered today. I've hit another plateau, so this was a big pick me up!!

Paige7
on 12/26/17 8:34 pm

That's fantastic! So happy for you!!!

Shannon S.
on 12/27/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks so much!

ReinaS
on 12/27/17 1:44 am
VSG on 12/05/17

Congrats!! I know the feeling. Alltho I'm not even a month post-op yet I needed new clothes. We have a little different numbers in my country but hope you can understand. I used to wear pants 46/48 pants, I think it's 18/20 (I have some other clothes 18/20 as well) but I already fit into pants sized 42! (16) I was so overwhelmed and happy about it!! Kinda love how the clothes feel saggy on me now, hehe!

Anyway, Shannon, awesome job! Soon you'll fit into size 6!

SW: 256lbs, GW: 165lbs, height: 5ft6

pre-op: -21lbs M1: -30lbs M2: -18lbs M3: -16lbs

Shannon S.
on 12/27/17 3:15 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

It does feel amazing. I feel so good even just dropping a size. I can't imagine after three or four sizes. Keep up the great work as well. Thanks so much!

theAntiChick
on 12/27/17 9:44 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Resale and thrift shops will be your savior. :) Super CONGRATS on your NSV!!

I went through a period where I was having to buy a few new items every 3-4 weeks because I was changing sizes so rapidly, and I had so few work clothes. My work wardrobe is still very sparse, but I manage to not look like I'm wearing the same thing every day. Helps that I work from home 2-3 days a week. :)

I still haven't replaced my "slop around at home" clothes, and they're getting beyond ridiculous. I wear a Medium-Large t-shirt now, and all of my at-home t-shirts are 3x. LOL. I did get some leggings for around the house and running errands that fit OK (stretchy is good) and I stole a pair of my hubby's sweats that fit me better than him now. But all my shirts and sweatshirts are comically too big.

I don't hate clothes shopping the way I did when I was heavier, but replacing every item in your closet except possibly socks really adds up in time/energy and money!!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Shannon S.
on 12/27/17 3:28 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Tell me about it!!! With a kid in college and a little one at home I can barely afford clothes for myself as it is. I definitely shopped at a few discount stores, and I can't wait to hit the thrift stores up. I also tried to keep it simple by buying plain pants/cardigans so I can mix and match. I also have some things I had outgrew. I won't need jeans for at least another 50-60lbs.

Lol on the slop around clothes. I totally have a drawer dedicated to those.

I love winter clothes shopping. Summer time not so much. Hopefully it will be more enjoyable soon.

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 10:03 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I love Ulta. Not Sephora too much, just don't like the environment. Funny thing is, I adore makeup, but I don't adore it on my face that often. I live very light foundations that I can't feel, pinks and nudes for my lips, just a teeney bit of color for my eyes and no eyeliner. I just hate anything feeling heavy on my face. That and my skin is ultra sensitive, so I have to buy Clinique and I'm sure you know how much that runs!

I have bought so much. I look back at my old clothes and when I put one on it's comical. From a 5x down to an XL or 2xl depending on where I buy (thanks walmart for everything running a size too small!) When I shop though, I find myself still picking up things that I can't wear. Like something in a 3XL, or greater. The habit of wearing big clothing is so hard to break, but it definitely feels nice when I can say "Oh dear, that's far too big!"

You have done so excellent and if you're a shopper like me, you're going to LOVE how often and how many new clothes you can put on. Going to store that often didn't have my size when I was bigger and being able to shop comfortable now is a rewarding feeling.

theAntiChick
on 12/27/17 12:44 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I still grab stuff that I think will fit, only to find it's huge on me. When I pull my pants out of the closet, a voice in my head says "my THIGH won't fit in those" but then they fit, and are even a little too loose.

I'm learning about makeup as part of my "new me" process post-op. It's funny how when I first started and had someone at Ulta do my makeup I thought it was WAY too overdone. Now I feel naked if I walk out of the house without brows and eyes done and some color on my lips. :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Shannon S.
on 12/27/17 3:34 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I'm more of an Ulta girl too. Sephora is so overpriced! The gift card was nice. I purchased the kat Von D contouring pallet wanting to have that cheekbone look, well that didn't work. I totally don't know what I'm doing. Need a tutorial ASAP.

Anyways, I would love to be more of a shopper, but I got two kids milking me dry..lol.

You're success has been awesome. You totally give me hope. A 5x to 1-2x is remarkable. Keep it up, and thank you!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views