Travel NSV's?

PookyS
on 1/11/18 4:12 pm

Anyone want to share? I was so elated that yesterday I didn't need a seatbelt extender for the first time in about 8-10 years! The one I brought "just in case" did not fit either plane's seatbelt, so I was relieved I didn't have to ask. I walked through 2 airports without getting winded or stopping frequently for my painful knees and feet. Oh, I also bought some new clothes today on sale for 80% off the sale price at a huge major outlet in the town I'm visiting. Granted, they were XL misses, but I've gone down 2-3 sizes and shopped in a regular store and not the "women's" plus size only dept. I can't wait to hear about more travel NSV's.Your turn.

NANNY13
on 1/11/18 4:44 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

While on a trip we decided to go ziplining. It was my first time and I was pretty nervous. It was very high up and was the kind that you had no control over stopping yourself. They just gave you a big push and hoped you made it. I was nervous but was told it was very safe and that a 5 year old child could do it.

I stopped about 3/4 of the way and the guy had to come rescue me. He told me in broken english that Everything would be fine but I didn't weigh enough to go on without getting stuck. The whole time I kept thinking surely I weigh more than a 5 year old child??? It was funny and I did not panick so it is a great story to tell.

PookyS
on 1/12/18 7:59 am

Ziplining is on the list of things to do when I reach goal. it looks scary, but it's definitely good to do things out of your comfort zone sometimes.

NANNY13
on 1/13/18 5:47 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

It was really fun in a scarey way

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/18 6:09 pm, edited 1/11/18 10:10 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Here?s a HUGE travel NSV. Last February we bought a used subcompact for me to run my errands and do any sort of traveling which did not require the use of my full sized Chevy Silverado. Since we bought this, I?ve logged 15,000 miles in the driver's seat. That would not have been possible before I lost the weight. Better mileage, and like my slimmer body, it fits into tight places a whole lot easier. I love it. The biggest downside is I don?t get no respect on the road. Even Prius drivers laugh at me.

The bike in front of it - or behind, depending on how you process things - is also a bit of a travel NSV. I travel up and down the bike trail 30-40 miles a week and more in good weather, which keeps me fit and helps burn off calories.

JourneyBound
on 1/11/18 7:17 pm
VSG on 10/09/17

Awesome! Congrats!

VSG 10/9/17

HW: 294.2 SW: 286.2 CW:174.6

STGW: 170 LTGW:140

Pre-op:-8 M1:-25.4 M2:-16.8 M3:-15.6 M4:-13.8 M5:-5.4 M6:-8.6 M7:-9.2 M8:-5 M9:-5.6 M10:-2.4

Nurseratchet76
on 1/11/18 9:18 pm

Yay!! Thats a great NSV! I am gng to be flying next weekend and I am hoping to not need my extender. I am down 40lbs and pray that i dont hv to sneak it out of my purse!

PookyS
on 1/12/18 8:03 am

I totally know what you mean by sneaking it out of your purse-lol. OK, here's my confession: the first time I flew and the seatbelt didn't fit anymore, I was so mortified that I panicked and "faked" that it was fastened. In an emergency, I would have been a goner. I looked on Amazon and Ebay the very next day to buy my own extender. Maybe I should have investigated WLS instead. Oh well, that's all in the past now. I am grateful for my doctor and everyone here in this supportive community.

Nurseratchet76
on 1/12/18 9:47 am

Lol the first time i had to ask for one the stewardess was very discreet, the second time the stewardess almost announced it. I was mortfied, soooo i ended up just putting it in my pocket when the flight was over and didnt make eye contact with her as i was leaving lol. I didnt want to be embarrassed again. Yeah i stole it! Haha. It took me a year to decide to have the surgery and then another year to actually go thru all the hoops and i am loving all the NSV that have come with the best decision of my life

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/18 2:32 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Thank you for the confession. I confess I did the same in June of '16. I was traveling on business and had to transfer to a regional jet. I was panicked that the flight attendant was going to throw me off the plane. Since WLS I've been more aware and I pick out others now doing the same. Traveling this year has been easier for me in every possible way.

Most Active