Hi everybody

JourneyBound
on 2/4/18 11:39 am
VSG on 10/09/17

I was excited, terrified of ending my love affair with my best friend Haagem Daaz, impatient because I knew I was killing myself, & wanted to grab onto a lifeline so badly. So many emotions, but in the end so worth it! Haven't felt this healthy, in shape, & in control in forever. Good luck!!!

VSG 10/9/17

HW: 294.2 SW: 286.2 CW:174.6

STGW: 170 LTGW:140

Pre-op:-8 M1:-25.4 M2:-16.8 M3:-15.6 M4:-13.8 M5:-5.4 M6:-8.6 M7:-9.2 M8:-5 M9:-5.6 M10:-2.4

Shannon S.
on 2/7/18 3:08 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Nerves are normal from what I've been reading. I was extremely nervous!

2 weeks out I was feeling fatigue and a little bit of incision pain. The main thing at that point is to get your fluids and protein in. Overall I felt good.

I've had no complications so far. I'm 3 months out today and feel completely normal. I'm walking/exercising and I have plenty of energy. You can see my stats below. I'm not the speediest of losers, but I am happy with my weightloss so far.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. You'll do fine and it will be the best decision you ever made!

Chrisp2018
on 2/7/18 12:03 pm

Welcome! I am right here with you. My HW was 270. I am just now getting started, and re-learning how to eat and trying to be more active. I don't think I have really lost anything yet, possibly a pound or two. I have been using the Baritastic app to help me watch what I am eating. I feel like I am doing better. Feels good to pass on the brownies and candy. I'm hoping to have VSG in the spring if all goes well. I haven't really told anyone about having the surgery, but the 1 coworker that I did tell said, I wasn't that big and why would I need to do that... made me feel bad, ashamed of starting this process, that I should just be able to do it by myself.. You have any experiances like that?

Chrisp2018
on 2/7/18 12:05 pm

Welcome! I am right here with you. My HW was 270. I am just now getting started, and re-learning how to eat and trying to be more active. I don't think I have really lost anything yet, possibly a pound or two. I have been using the Baritastic app to help me watch what I am eating. I feel like I am doing better. Feels good to pass on the brownies and candy. I'm hoping to have VSG in the spring if all goes well. I haven't really told anyone about having the surgery, but the 1 coworker that I did tell said, I wasn't that big and why would I need to do that... made me feel bad, ashamed of starting this process, that I should just be able to do it by myself.. You have any experiances like that?

Most Active