Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 2/7/2018

Fredbear
on 2/7/18 10:24 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Have joined my spouse on their 2-month bariatric diet and the weight is coming off again, yay!

QOTD: I've never had any typing instruction, but I am in fact a touch typist. 10-key as well, freaks out my cow-orkers whenever I use the 10-key to enter data in a spreadsheet, my keyboard is really clickity-clackity and loud.

Weird thing is, it's exactly like when I play the piano... I know -- rather, my fingers know -- when I've made an error without looking (or hearing it), and I automatically hit the backspace button and retype it correctly.

B: 3 oz. cottage cheese

S: protein shake

L: 4 oz. shredded chicken from the instant pot

S: hard boiled egg with hot sauce and a little pepper

D: teriyaki chicken bowl with some vegetables (way-early dinner before rehearsal)

LS: 3 oz. cottage cheese (late snack after getting home)

E: 10 minute walk

Water/Vits: 140 oz water, vits on track

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Rachel B.
on 2/8/18 7:22 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

QOTD: I never took typing classes, but did take 1 semester of keyboarding class. Many years later I honed my skills in AOL chat rooms! After all the papers I had to write in college, I often look like Stevie Wonder at the keyboard, my head thrown back, swaying back and forth as I compose letters and notes in my brain and let them flow out through the keyboard. I don't have to look at all...

AM: SF Hazelnut White Chocolate Mocha

B: 2 Strawberry L&F yogurt

L: Chicken Breast, Cottage Cheese, hummus

S: strawberry & cream PP

D: Pumpkin Ravioli...

ABS

Water & Meds, not so much vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Donna L.
on 2/8/18 9:03 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I type about 130 wpm with both hands and as many fingers as I can use. We were fortunate to have an IBM at home since I was 3 years old, so I learned to type 35+ years ago the old school way, heh.

Preparing for my revision to the RNY on the 19th and been on liquids since Monday. Things go well thus far. Monday morning I was half asleep and, while half asleep, ate an egg and almost gave myself my Saxenda shot before I realized it wasn't Sunday...it was Monday, sigh. The surgeon didn't care remotely and called me "neurotically compliant." >.> Honestly the two week liquid diet is a relief, since I actually don't feel like eating much because the GERD is painful. It sure makes it much easier to follow compared to when I had the VSG.

We'll see how the rest of the two weeks goes. I can't believe I waited so long to get the revision. I sure am tired of stupid GERD.

M1: 20g Premiere clear drink.

M2: 28g scoop unflavored whey in unsweetened decaf green tea.

M3: 20g premiere clear drink.

M4: 15g protein water clear drink.

35oz of broth as well, and of course plain water (20-30 oz) etc.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active