Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, February 12, 2018

Nknerr
on 2/12/18 7:00 am
VBG on 12/07/17

Good morning! Had an uneventful weekend. Caught up on some TV I had missed, like The Alienist, which is a good show!

QOTD: I do not have a tattoo for several personal reasons. First of all, the hospital where I work says that all tattoos have to be covered while you are working. The second one is that I don't like pain. AT ALL! The third reason is that I already use a needle on myself every day (diabetic) and don't want any more "sticks". Also, where ever on my body I've gotten a shot, the skin melatonin reacts and it looks like a freckle. SO, I'm concerned that would happen with a tattoo.

2 months and 6 days since surgery

B: 1/2 sausage patty

S1: no carb carrot cake pancakes with cream cheese

L: chicken and green beans

D: chicken with tomatoes, onions, raisins (yum!)

S2: Protein bar or shake

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

Gwen M.
on 2/12/18 7:12 am, edited 2/11/18 11:58 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I had a lovely weekend and it's nice to be in the homestretch with classes now, even if that means there's a lot of work to do! This is the beginning of week 6 - woo. I've got an assignment for HMGT due on Sunday that I need to investigate today and then my big paper on Hospice is due next Wednesday for GERO. Thankfully my only out of the ordinary thing scheduled for the week is lunch with my bereavement group on Thursday, so I should have plenty of time to get things done! I'll be heading out to the grocery store in a little bit too, to do the weekly shopping.

QOTD: I have 3-4 tattoos, depending on how you count. I count them as 3. I've got a small tattoo on my lower back that I'd like to cover up at some point in the future - it was my first and hasn't aged well. On my left wrist I have "life" on the outside and "strength" on the inside - Art and I got these together, although the inside of his wrist has "serenity." We both picked the asset we feel the other adds to our life. I count this tattoo as 1 tattoo, since the inside and outside were done at the same time - some people count it as 2. Then I've got an abstrac****er color piece on my left arm that surrounds the words at my wrist and goes to my elbow. It's linked to my dad in my brain, but I would be hard pressed to explain this link to anyone. It's super colorful and I love it. I miss it in the winter when I mainly wear long sleeves! And then people who met me during the winter are always surprised when they see it for the first time - having thought I was respectable ;) I love your idea for a tattoo to honor your daughter.

1: protein shake
2: leftover Indian
3: Roasted and Marinated Pork, rice for the guys (the pork recipe includes arugula, celery, and green onions, so there's veg too)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jessvsg87
on 2/12/18 8:16 am
VSG on 11/27/17

I've got three tattoos all are meaningful.i actually Been thinking about adding a little butterfly for this bariatric journey i been on.

M1 chocolate premiere protein

M2 tuna and cucumbers

M3 shrimp and cauliflower fried "rice"

snacks 1/2 power crunch bar and cottage cheese

exercise:Zumba strong

yvonnef1964
on 2/12/18 8:28 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I don't have any. I go back and forth about getting one.

B egg mcmuffin and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pulled pork and cottage cheese

Have a good day

gracegetsgastric
on 2/12/18 9:10 am
VSG on 01/02/18

My weekend was good but, as usual, not quite long enough!

QOTD: I don't have any tattoos, but there are several that I'd like. I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to pain, so I've put it off, and once I committed to losing weight, I decided to wait as I don't know what my skin is going to look like. I think the idea of getting one for DD is a beautiful idea.

M1: Iconic Protein Shake + Cold Brew

M2: Caribbean Chicken Thighs

M3: Baby Carrots + Skellig Cheddar Cheese

M4: Korean Beef

M5: Protein Truffle

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Kristi T.
on 2/12/18 9:55 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I think getting a tattoo in honor of your daughter is a really good idea Liz! What could be more sweet and innocent than Tigger!

I'm having a bit of a rough start to the day, a little more pain than usual. I have nothing planned for the day, so maybe that is a good thing.

QOTD-I don't have any tattoos, but do plan on getting one as soon as I am at 150lbs. I have a favorite image of a sprig of lavender with a small ribbon and under it will be one word that means the most to me. I haven't decided yet, but I have it narrowed down to three words. It will be on the back of my left wrist.

B-Flax, chia & quinoa hot cereal w/cream

L-scrambled eggs with jack cheese

S-Chai tea and 1/2 quest bar

D-Twice baked potato with cheese, onion, bacon(most of the potato left out of mine) and pea salad

E-slow walk with Emmy today, stretching

ShirlAus
on 2/12/18 11:10 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope your day improves Kristi x

Kristi T.
on 2/13/18 9:26 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you Shirl!

Rachel B.
on 2/12/18 10:40 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

QOTD: I totally missed this! My first is on the outside of my right thigh. A leopard in a tree. An homage to my favorite band. Around my left ankle - Scooby Doo and the gang being chased by the Mummy complete with rainbow background and glowing eyes popping up in the background. My back is many that are to be one. I had wanted to have it done by 40, but I'm past that! My artist moved to Seattle, but we're still in touch. It's something very close to my heart.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 2/12/18 11:06 am, edited 2/12/18 3:10 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Enjoying working from home and have finally got our coffee machine up and running (the only coffee I can drink since surgery is barista ones - instant tastes like mental in my mouth - weird I know !) So Im sitting enjoying a nice coffee and working

QOTD: I dont have any tattoos - have considered getting one when I was younger but never did. I dont know if I would now..... considered a small dragonfly for my best friend that passed but on the fence. I think your idea Liz is lovely - a beautiful tribute to your DD x

B: Eggs and Ham

S: Babybel Cheese

L: Ham with salad?

D: Roast Pork Loin & Veg - have first of 3 dentist apts to get a crown on my tooth done - Im petrfied of the dentist - so dreading it

Have a great evening all

Shirley

Most Active