HELP

Kimmi23
on 2/16/18 4:24 pm

Had my gastric sleeve in 2011 of August. Maintained a 90 pound weight loss but never reached my goal. Doctors did not think I would lose weight at all and originally had the surgery just to save my life to stabilize my vitals. Just won't make sense to most of you probably but they say that having the weight loss surgery tends to stabilize you and it did. The icing on the cake was I started losing weight. I should have had a hundred and ten pound weight loss but only reached the 90.

Maintained a 90 lb weight loss until 2017 but had to walk 2 times a day for 2 hours each time and then recently I put on 10 to 14 lb but had been going back and forth for that 90 lb weight loss for over a year and then that 10 to 14 pound gain won't budge. This weight gain came during a very stressful period in my life after my husband wanted a separation and then filed for divorce. I am at a loss for trying to get this weight off. It's like I don't even know where to start. Should I be able because I have completely forgotten or 18 and 1/2 ounce can with the whole can calorie ranging from 100 to 140 pounds depending on what soup it is?

Of course the serving size says one cup and there's two servings per container but I find that I am truly hungry all the time and have been even prior to the stress of everything with my ex-husband. Seems like I eat and I get full or comfortable in 30 minutes to 45 minutes later I am hungry again and it's real hunger not head Hunger I've learned how to distinguish between the two over the years. Literally feels like my stomach is going to eat my back out.

I'm in panic mode and at same time emotionally I try to start at beginning and it's like I have no ability to do so. I'm not been able to move on from this divorce and I think that has a lot to do with it. Please anyone that has helped I am in desperate need of.

Gwen M.
on 2/16/18 5:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi there!

The first thing you should do is start measuring and tracking everything you put into your mouth using something like MyFitnessPal. From there, work on getting back to your basics. Here are mine, but yours might be slightly different:

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (protein shake for breakfast is my exception since I've never liked putting solid food in my stomach first thing in the morning)
a. Don't drink with meals or for 30 minutes after eating
6. Weigh portions and track/log what you consume
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
a. Try to eat at a table
b. Eat with utensils
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh yourself daily
a. But focus on the trend of your weight, not the day to day fluctuations
10. Be kind to yourself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kimmi23
on 2/17/18 10:27 am

Hi and thank you for your reply. I do some of this but some of this I cannot do. I have to have a few snacks because my blood sugar drops extremely low so about every 3 hours I'll have a handful of almonds or something to keep my blood sugar stable. Otherwise I'm flat on the floor passed out. I keep my calories or was until this separation and divorce which I know was a huge trigger for me and eating things I never dreamed I to eat because I've always been a HealthNet had to be to take control of my own health as I have been chronically sick all my life. Please pray that I can get back to the basics because the emotional state that I am in right now I find that it's hard for me to do much of anything and I have been hungry constantly about 45 minutes after I eat and told the doctor about this and that's been way before the issues with my husband. He really didn't say much about it other than I looked great but of course that was at 160 which he thought was awesome and at five foot three not so much. I find myself trying to get back to the basics but with having to snack to keep blood sugar regulated and my mindset being in such emotional turmoil has been very very hard journey for me. Was with this man since the age of 14 and married one month prior to 19 so together a total of 39 years and this has set me on a course I don't know where it's going. Thank you again and I will definitely try your suggestions.

Gwen M.
on 2/17/18 10:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yup - that's why I said your basics might be slightly different :)

Since you need to eat more often, split your meals into the appropriate number and plan for them so that you're not snacking in an unplanned manner.

Are you seeing a therapist? It sounds like, with the emotional turmoil, that might help you quite a bit.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Kimmi23
on 2/17/18 4:05 pm

I was seeing therapist but money very limited in sure I need to...

Ty for input. It truly helps.

Gwen M.
on 2/17/18 4:34 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

If you are religious, are you able to seek counseling with your clergy?

Kimmi23
on 2/17/18 6:09 pm

Yes...he helps as much as can.

dannypaul
on 2/18/18 4:24 am
RNY on 08/31/17
On February 17, 2018 at 6:27 PM Pacific Time, Kimmi23 wrote:

Hi and thank you for your reply. I do some of this but some of this I cannot do. I have to have a few snacks because my blood sugar drops extremely low so about every 3 hours I'll have a handful of almonds or something to keep my blood sugar stable. Otherwise I'm flat on the floor passed out. I keep my calories or was until this separation and divorce which I know was a huge trigger for me and eating things I never dreamed I to eat because I've always been a HealthNet had to be to take control of my own health as I have been chronically sick all my life. Please pray that I can get back to the basics because the emotional state that I am in right now I find that it's hard for me to do much of anything and I have been hungry constantly about 45 minutes after I eat and told the doctor about this and that's been way before the issues with my husband. He really didn't say much about it other than I looked great but of course that was at 160 which he thought was awesome and at five foot three not so much. I find myself trying to get back to the basics but with having to snack to keep blood sugar regulated and my mindset being in such emotional turmoil has been very very hard journey for me. Was with this man since the age of 14 and married one month prior to 19 so together a total of 39 years and this has set me on a course I don't know where it's going. Thank you again and I will definitely try your suggestions.

Yes its painful to break up after a long relationship. As humans we tens to go with the same thing day in day out. I once went to a hypnotist to lose weight and he said think about what you do each day. When you shower in the morning you usually soap up the same part of your body first each day. He was right, proving once again we are creatures of habit and crave sameness. That being said we also adapt well. Its the transition time that we find difficult. It appears that you find yourself in that transition period. Another negative of a breakup is the feeling of rejection. Nobody wants to be rejected. When someone ends a relationship with us they are basically rejecting us. As we move further from the point of the breakup we start to feel better about ourselves. This makes moving forward easier.

Your main concern now is to maintain your health and weight loss. As others have posted stick to the basics. If you are to successfully move forward you need to stay healthy and maintain the weight loss. I know you are hurting from the breakup but do not allow that pain to derail the positive success that you have already accomplished. The saying Time Heals All Wounds is so true. Let time work its magic on you and in the meantime keep the success you've achieved with your weight loss intact.

Kimmi23
on 2/18/18 5:14 pm

I seriously just don't know what to do. Some of the illnesses mess with my memory and it's like I have no idea where to even start. Seems like nothing I do jump start the weight loss again. And I have to eat every 3 to 4 hours due to insulin resistance and low blood sugar. I need help knowing what to eat again. I know protein is priority. It seems like my mental abilities to do what I need to do or just not there no matter how hard I try. Being with a man since the age of 14 and married one month of 19 and married 35 years for a total of 39 years together ending means I'm having to read to find myself when I guess I probably never really knew who I was considering I was 14 when we got together and he was 16. Just need help and I am in panic mode about gaming. Any input is helpful and I appreciate your response.

Gwen M.
on 2/18/18 6:06 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you been keeping up with lab work? Vitamin deficiencies can also cause memory problems.

Most Active