Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 3/6/2018

Gwen M.
on 3/6/18 4:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Tuesday! I had a busy and lovely day yesterday, I'm hoping for the same today :) I've got PT for my feet this morning and then I'll be spending many hours with a friend for lunch and chats. And, best of all, no school! Although if I have time, I might start reading for my next HMGT class.

QOTD: What is special about the place you grew up? (I'll post my answer in a reply.)

1: lunch at Indian restaurant!
2: protein shake
3: Teriyaki Meatballs, rice for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: PT for foot, home exercises, maybe some yoga

How about you? What's going on in your world today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/6/18 5:35 am, edited 3/6/18 12:15 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning! Today I am working at home (always makes me happy) - and someone is coming to measure for a vanity for my new bathroom (remodeling bath and the kitchen, woo hoo). We are getting another storm - February was mild, but March is proving to be miserable already!

QOTD: I grew up in the most densely populated city of Mass, which also was an "all America City." It is just outside Boston and has many spots on the national register of historic places including Prospect Hill Tower where it is said that George Washington raised the Grand Union flag on New Year's day in 1776.

B: mozzarella balls, parmesan cheese crisps

L: turkey meatballs

D: beef

E: walk

L/V: on track

FYI - got through day 1 of CAMAW!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Erin T.
on 3/6/18 5:44 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Today I'm whispering only two more weeks, only two more weeks, only two more weeks under my breath to stay sane at work. This is just ridiculous.

QOTD: I'm not sure if you mean the town/village or the actual house, but I'll go with the later :) The house I grew up in was the farmhouse to a large family farm and was built in the 1850's. I also grew up on nearly 1,000 acres of land (to put that into perspective, the whole UNC campus is 760 acres) and my family still owns all of it.

13 months post-op/Maintenance/128.3lbs

CAMAW

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: ****gg, (2oz) Sausage, (1oz) Cheese

M3: (3oz) Turkey, (1oz) Cheese, (1 TBSP) Mayo

M4: (3.5oz) Pork Loin

M5: (5.3 oz) Yogurt w/ SF Pudding Mix

S: Dannon L&F w/ PB2 and hardboiled eggs

Yesterday and today I'm getting 1,500-1,600 calories, 40g of carbs, and 130-140g of protein.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 6:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning All! I hope your Monday went well. Today is hang around day for me probably at the pool as DH is going to lunch and to a Red Sox spring training game with his friends. Yesterday we went to Sarasota and had a long day, so I'm happy with a down day.

QOTD: I mostly grew up in Natick Massachusetts. It had a fairly small town vibe back then and I could walk almost anywhere. Most people were middle class, hard working families with some variation. Most people lived in neighborhoods where there was good camaraderie. I still have many friends from there and am going to my class reunion on April 21.

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: turkey pepperoni and cheese

D: shrimp

S: maybe prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 3/6/18 8:23 am

Heading out for my Tuesday morning hike in a few minutes...

QOTD: Orange County is interesting because the whole county is like one giant densely populated city of 3 million people, but it's made up of 34 cities. Besides the ocean, I would say Disneyland is our most unique feature. I can hear the nightly fireworks from my house and see them from parts of my neighborhood.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - real good pizza

D - chicken, veggies

S - ??

gracegetsgastric
on 3/6/18 8:40 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Bummed because I realized that trying to do CAMAW right now just wasn't going to work. I could probably swing it if I really, really planned, but it's still hard for me to hit my protein without a daily shake or bar and trying to make it work would have added way too much stress right now. :/ Maybe next time!

QOTD: Hmm...IDK if there's really something special about it. Small town, good place to grow up, relatively low crime. Actually, I guess we grow a lot of berries. The county I grew up in actually grows about 60% of the USA's raspberries, so there's that. Pretty much everybody I knew had a job picking berries in the summers.

M1: Preworkout + Protein Bar

M2: Thai Beef with Basil

M3: Light & Fit Yogurt + Low Carb Granola

M4: Parmesan Provolone Chicken Bake

M5: 1/3 of a Protein Cake

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 4:34 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

A shake fits into CAMAW, but not a protein bar or cake.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 3/6/18 9:28 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I had a good day yesterday but very busy. A lot of sit and wait. I was at the drs for 2 hours, had to have a complete physical and ekg but I got the medication, Vynasse for binge eating. Started it this morning. I'll start therapy next week if my insurance covers it. Hopefully I can get this under control.

Qotd I grew up in Wayland, MI, a small town. Loved it,everyone knew each other and could go anywhere you wanted without fear. One night I came home and nobody was home, Shorty the cop stopped and stayed with me till my parents came home because I was upset.

coffee with milk and Splenda and water

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L baby back ribs

D bbq pulled pork

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 3/6/18 9:35 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I hope everyone's Tuesday is going well. I had a really busy day yesterday so will probably take it easier today, a little more pain than usual. Will take Emmy for a walk somewhere, preferably a plowed trail.

QOTD-Growing up I did not care for the town I lived in, I always thought is was ugly:-) The only reason the town was established was for a nuclear plant(now closed) I couldn't wait to get out of there. I did go back almost 30 years later and have a new appreciation for it. It's on the Columbia River and is a lot prettier than I ever realized!

Day 2 of CAMAW:

B-Protein pancakes(ricotta cheese & eggs)

L-Tuna with mayo, string cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla PP shake

D-Zucchini lasagna(will eat only the bacon and cheese layers)

E-Take Emmy for a long walk

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/18 10:03 am
VSG on 03/01/18

B. Coffee & Coffee

Imitation crab & egg

S. Greek yogurt plain

L. Wild caught baked salmon

2ounces

D. Chicken soup

vitamins. 2 bariateic advantage chews, B12 bari adv. Collegen Advantage 1 scoop in coffee (surgeon approved)

water. All day

Surgery is Monday. Start liquid diet Thurs. So this is practice, weighing & planning ahead.

Excercise. Deep cleaning, going to attempt a walk around track such beatiful weather here.

QOTD: I grew up with 5 brothers & sisters, my mom & dad. We've lived in so many cities/states growing up (Wash State, Cali, Texas) but have all settled here. Back in those days it was kind of like the Brady Bunch, girls in one room boys in the other. Lots of love , lots of arguing. We are still a tight knit family, I really am thankful for their presence in my life. My Mom's Big 80 is next month & she is in perfect health. We are very Blessed!

Most Active