Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, March 17, 2018 - St. Patrick's Day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/17/18 4:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy St Paddy's Day! DH is 3/4 Irish and I am somewhere around 1/2, so I am making a traditional boiled dinner and Irish bread today. A picture of the shirt DH gave me last year is below.

Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday. Much appreciated!

QOTD: Do you like your first name or do you wish you had a different one? My first name is Elizabeth, which I like even though I was the last kid in my class to be able to spell it (literally needed to know the entire alphabet). It was a somewhat unique name back when I was born though it was more common in earlier times and later as well. However, if I had been born on March 17, my name would be Patricia, which is what my mother wanted to name me (my father wanted Elizabeth). That has always amused me.

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Irish boiled dinner

S: Irish bread (just once a year)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 3/17/18 6:26 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

My friends grandson stayed the night. He asked to go home at midnight but didn't cry so I distracted him. He asked a couple other times but I finally got him to lay down and go to sleep at 3 am. He's 4 years old. Will see how he acts when he wakes up.

Qotd I do like my name, Yvonne. It was my moms middle name.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D corned beef, cabbage and carrots

Have a good day

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/18 7:18 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Today will be a strange day. My mother will be moving into a long term care unit in a hospital, so a nursing home sort of, but more for people who need extra skilled nursing. She has had a tracheostomy and a feeding tube placed in her since her lungs are not functioning on their own. Skilled care in a facility is the only option. My mother and I have always had a fairly bad relationship, but I think I've come to a place in my life where forgiveness is possible. The past is in the past and it's time to let it go.

QOTD: I like my name just fine, Makayla. I used to hate it when I was younger, but I think a lot of people did. If I had to pick another name, I would want something bird related, or nature related. Willow, Raven, Autumn, etc

Pre Breakfast - Coffee with PP and Miralax

Breakfast - 1 egg with Babybel mini Light cheese scrambled together

Mid Morning Snack - Cottage cheese 1%

Lunch - I think we're going to lunch with a relative, likely mexican, so maybe some chicken verde.

Afternoon Snack - Fage Total 0% with Pb2 added in

Dinner - Salad with tuna added on and vinaigrette dressing

Jess Says Yes
on 3/17/18 7:48 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, that must be hard. I'm glad she will be able to get the care she needs.

My sister-in-law is named Autumn and when she married into our family she ended up with our last name (Blizzard). So now she sounds like a weather phenomenon.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/17/18 8:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry about your Mom. That is tough regardless of your past relationship. My Mom and I had a difficult one as well for most of my life but we were able to mend it in her last years.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 3/17/18 7:55 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy St. Pats! It's my dad's birthday today. We have always jokingly called him "Pappy" so today is affectionately referred to as "St. Pappy's Day" in my family. I'm looking forward to celebrating with him. He's one of my favorite people on earth :)

QOTD: Well, Jessica was literally the most popular name in the early 80s, so my only problem was that I was surrounded by other Jessicas. I always had to be called by my full name in class. I had a tiny graduating class and nearly 10% of them were named Jessica!! I swore then that I would give my kids unique names and ended up naming them Rylan and Nyah. Nyah has remained very uncommon but I've met a number of Rylans, so I was only partly successful!

B - coffee and pp caramel

l - chicken satay and green beans

d - ? waiting to hear from hubs. Most likely shrimp or chicken.

e - going for a walk

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/17/18 8:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My daughter is Tierney and I think she has only met one other. When we named our son Conor we didn't expect there to be many others but there were MANY of them in his classes and one right across the street. So he was always called by his first name/last name too.

Jess Says Yes
on 3/17/18 8:15 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I've never met a Tierney, that's pretty! My parents didn't realize Jessica was going to boom the way it did either. It's funny how the trends come and go.

Jess

Kristi T.
on 3/17/18 10:08 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Happy St. Patrick's Day and good morning! Love the shirt Liz! I didn't know I had some Irish in me until last year. A few of my close relatives had their DNA tested, that is how we found out. I always thought I was French Canadian and Swedi**** was a nice surprise. Now we are trying to figure out where the Irish part comes from, easier said than done.

QOTD-I've always thought my name to be boring and most people spell it wrong. They will either spell it Christie, Christy or Kristie...it's just plain Kristi:-)

B-sprouted grain toast with 1tbsp almond butter

L-Vanilla PP shake

S-Chai tea

D-Corned beef, cabbage and rutabagas

S-1/2 Quest bar if needed

E-Hike or walk with Emmy

Have a great day!

Shannon S.
on 3/17/18 12:08 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Happy St Patrick's day everyone. My hubby and I will be going to see a band play at an Irish pub later. It is a tradition for us! I have my crock pot on cooking corner beef brisket, cabbage, and red potatoes! My daughter is home from college so I have a babysitter! Woot woot!

QOTD: I love my name. I Love that it's Irish, and that is not that common nowadays. I have been told many a time that I look like a Shannon so I guess it suits me.

So so far today:

M1: egg salad on a piece of toast

M2: shrimp taco.

M3: will drink my protein drink

M4: corned beef and probably a spoon full of cabbage if I know my tummy.

Still working on vites and water, but on track.

Most Active