Approved!

andriyuhh
on 3/17/18 6:51 am

Hey guys I got approved and I am scheduled for surgery on April 4th I have a support group to go to and pre admission testing next. Do you guys have any afvice for me on how to be prepared for the day of surgery and coming home afterwards. Also I start my liquid diet on the 28th, any advice on that?

AboutTime077
on 3/17/18 6:55 am

Wow, only one week of the dreaded liquid diet??? You're lucky. I'm going in either April 25th or May 2nd and my surgeon wants a two week full liquid diet.

Jess Says Yes
on 3/17/18 8:10 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Congrats! Good luck with the liquid diet. Mine was two weeks and it was a challenge. You'll get through it!

As for surgery day, the only things I needed at the hospital were a pair of comfy sweats to pull on when I was walking the halls, chap stick, toiletries, a hair brush, and a pillow for the car ride home. Oh and I was SO glad I brought Biotene mouthwash because my mouth was very dry from the anesthesia and it made a huge difference for me. Walking and time help with the gas pain. I was told not to take gas x or other meds as they slow down the bowels which is already a problem after surgery, but different docs have different opinions on that.

As for home, get lots of rest and focus on sipping on liquids ALL day. Hydration is key! Hydration and then protein. Try to get up and walk around a bit throughout the day, but don't pu**** Your body will need lots of rest for recovery. As you feel better walk more! I slept in a recliner for the first couple of nights which helped a lot. And remember to follow the prescribed diet exactly. People hurt themselves by deviating from what they should be eating.

I felt pretty exhausted for the first 10 weeks. Honestly, I started wondering if I had made a terrible mistake. But then I started feeling better and better! And now I know it was the right decision. Wishing you well!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Shannon S.
on 3/17/18 8:45 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Congrats! I would just say pack minimally because you shouldn't be there long, pack some slides or slippers so you don't have to bend, one set of comfy clothes, and chapstick! Also make sure your bedding and bathroom are clean for your return! Have all of your protein shakes, water, approved food items, and vitamins purchased a head of time! Best of luck to you!!

Gwen M.
on 3/17/18 1:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

The liquid diet sucks :) Just keep that in mind power through it. You'll be great. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views