New sleever..hello..now what ha

Dallasskyline81
on 3/23/18 12:48 pm
VSG on 03/20/18

Hello all..

I am a new sleever as of March 20th. I have read forums for about a year before going into my self pay surgery. (Here in United states)

I was discharged the day after instead of the 2 day stay i was topd i would have. I have had no pain..only a little nausea on surgery day. In all honesty if it wasn't for my scars I wouldn't believe I had anything done.

20th-22nd was liquid only

And I can start my pureed today for two weeks. It felt so good to have pureed potatoe soup ..just something with better texture .

35male 311 highest weight 297 surgery weight..current 288

I had my first BM today since the 18th.. it was 50/50 solid/liquid. (I'm assuming it's from shocking my body from days of liquid with pureed)

There is no way I can get my 64 oz in. I try to hit 30ish with popcicles

I have read many post that it hurts when you swallow to much. I have never experiences any pain. I can just feel my stomach growl when I take my sips. I get hiccups now which gives brief pain

So just like any new sleever I'm learning and glad I can be apart of this community

Notaboutperfect
on 3/23/18 1:22 pm
VSG on 11/08/16

Congratulations!! The next year is going to be a ride.....

You'll do great!

youngmi
on 3/23/18 3:16 pm
Revision on 03/09/08

Just remember it took more than 2 weeks ect for this weight to go one. For the first 2-4 weeks are body has gone through hell now it is trying to get going so be patient, and for a lap band came out so had that stuff to me. But every day gets better and it is only 2 weeks yesterday.

Okay yes your throat will hurt for a while since the tube was down there, it will go away, yes it is hard to drink but do over a hour or hour and a half. I drink premier protein 6 ounces now 8. Some days I put oat meal in make it sloppy and eat slowly. People will get the hiccups, eyes water, sneezing when you are full, every one is different.

Try mushroom soup with skim milk 6 oz and the rest later on that day oh wow

I just had my lap band taken out 2 weeks and have the sleeve. ( oh I had it for 10 years and this past summer it dropped, and was told if I don't get it out it will start shutting down my organs. I was starting to turn gray ect could go on. )

I feel like 15 years younger after this. I am in Canada across from Detroit. I researched so many doctors yeh even Mexico and picked Dr. Mark Pleatman in Michigan yeh I had to pay out of my pocket. In my orientation nutrition ect I had people from Chicago, Indiana, Ohio and Las Vegas. This doctor does 4-6 a week of sleeves, he also teaches doctors on this procedure. This Doctor is so so good and tells you like it is.

Research Dr. Mark Pleatman 248-334-5444...www.drpleatman.com

Believe me he will help you whats a phone call and free consultation

best of luck Mike

Shannon S.
on 3/23/18 6:13 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Congrats on your success so far! You have to get your fluids in!!! 64 oz is minimum. I had medicine cups, I set my phone alarm for every 5 mins, and drank one medicine cup full. It's like a full time job, but VSGers can go down very quickly from dehydration. Be careful!

Jess Says Yes
on 3/24/18 7:13 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Welcome! I'm glad you're doing well so far. I occasionally had hiccups during recovery but they stopped after a couple of weeks. Hydration is your main goal! My doc said anything less than 40 oz was dangerous. Stay on those liquids all day! Then focus on protein. I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Dallasskyline81
on 3/24/18 9:20 am
VSG on 03/20/18

Yesterday I think I shocked my system a little much. The pureed potato soup had sour cream/half n half in it. (Family recipe that my mother made me)

After breakfast, lunch, dinner with water in between my stomachs has felt really unsettled. No pain.

This morning I had a premier protein ..diariah followed.

My stomachs still feels sensitive so I duno.

Most Active