Two Weeks Post-Op - Stall?

Melody P.
on 3/29/18 5:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

I've lost twenty pounds since surgery but have stalled for the past 3 days. Is there anything I can do to nudge it along?

Here is what i'm eating:

Breakfast and lunch is usually a protein shake divided between the two meals.

In-between meals are usually a pudding, sugar free, with a protein scoop added. Sometimes 3 ozs of greek yogurt(the triple zero kind).

Dinner has been cream of mushroom, homemade, strained as of the past few days. About 3-4 ozs depending on how i'm feeling. I usually add a scoop of unflavored protein powder depending if I need the extra protein.

I'm getting about 70ozs at least of fluids a day.

I've started walking more or doing a very easy ride on my recline stationary bike.

Any tips or info is greatly appreciated.

yvonnef1964
on 3/29/18 5:52 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Probably hitting the 3 week stall, it's normal. Keep doing what you're doing. You won't lose every day. Soon it will be 2-3 lbs a week.

CC C.
on 3/29/18 5:59 pm

Jut keep doing what you're doing. I also hit my 3 week stall at week 2. Nine days of no scale movement. Just ignore the scale. It'll start agsin.

PookyS
on 3/29/18 7:53 pm

I wish doctors and their teams would explain this to us before surgery. I have had many stalls, some as long as 3 weeks. It is frustrating when you're following guidelines. Try not to weigh every day. Water fluctuates a lot and some of us retain even when following fluid and protein guidelines. I just try to focus on the fact that I weigh 104 pounds less than I did last June and 84 since surgery on 7/27/17. We'll both get there!!

Most Active