Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Monday, 4/2/2018

Gwen M.
on 4/2/18 5:43 am, edited 4/2/18 5:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning everyone and happy Monday. For the people who asked yesterday, Isle of Dogs was amazing and I loved it.

Today I've got a "new PCP interview," since I need to replace mine because she's gotten very weird and awkward. Then it's second to last PT for my feet and home again to study until it's time to go out to my bariatric support group. Woo! I've got two big assignments due on Sunday, but I think I'm in a good place for them if I'm able to focus this week.

QOTD: What age do you want to live to? (I'll answer in a comment, and I need to answer yesterday's as well!)

1: protein shake
2: leftover lamb salad
3: maybe tortellini soup? (It's a leftover night and I can't read the leftovers board from here!)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: PT for feet, home PT

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 4/2/18 5:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Lance and my bff both say they're planning on living forever. It's good that they'll have each other for company, I guess? I have zero desire to live forever. The more I learn about retirement/long-term care options in the US, the greater understanding I have of never being able to afford those things. Once I'm no longer able to live independently (in terms of ADLs) is when I'd like to go the euthanasia route. What age I'll be then? No idea. My dad reached that point at 73. My mom is a month shy of 75 and still nowhere near. So maybe I'll say 80 and see what happens once I'm closer. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/2/18 6:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I'm going to work on clean eating this week to offset 3 days of eating whatever I felt like.

QOTD: I have a lot of longevity on my mothers side (and the opposite on my fathers due to early heart attacks around age 50). On my mothers side they pretty much keep their faculties until the end. My grandmother died just short of 101 having lived in her condo until the very end with some supplementary help in the last couple of years. My mother lived to 86 and was independent until she was hospitalized for the last few weeks. So I'd like to live as long as I can independently and with little to no help. So maybe 90? Ideally I'd like to have a sudden death in my sleep (wouldn't it be nice if we could pick it). I too believe in euthanasia so if I lose my marbles or am incapacitated I'd like to be able to just go. Of course all this is when thinking about it still being off in the future quite a bit.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish (dinner out with visiting DD)

S: Yogurt with strawberries and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Yellowlux
on 4/2/18 6:49 am
VSG on 07/04/14

1.Vanilla protein shake w/coffee

1.5 1 egg omelet stuffed with sauteed cherry tomatoes, handful of spinach, 1 slice diced deli turkey, and 1 T. Hollandaise (leftover from yesterday)

3. Cottage cheese with tuna salad

4. Green salad with diced chicken, toasted pecans and a little bit of grated cheddar. Lemon juice for dressing.

Snack. Cheese stick

Qotd: My big goal is to get to 95 and still be wearing heels. My family is long lived (late 80s,early 90s) but my husband's family lives into 100s. We say we have a contest to outlive each other. Ha!

yvonnef1964
on 4/2/18 7:15 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have an appointment at the bariatric dr for medication recheck but I think they need to increase it.

Qotd I think 80 would be good unless I was in excellent health then maybe longer.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D tbd

Have a wonderful day

mmsmom
on 4/2/18 7:31 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, all.

My father passed last year at 92 and had ckd, high blood pressure, diabetes, chf - yes, and lived to be 92 and was active right to the end! My mother passed at 72 of lung cancer. Since I have never smoked and feel like I take after my father's side, I tell my kids that since I am a normal weight and take care of myself - God help them, I could live for a long time, barring getting run over by a truck, lol. I think I would like to live to 95, provided I feel good, am of sound mind, and can find pleasure in my life.

B: 1/2 bagel, cored, toasted with cc (I officially have no kitchen, they gutted it this am)

L: working at home - leftover chicken parm or ham

D: leftover ham

E: it's snowing - and cold. If it warms up, a walk later

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

IamevilHomer
on 4/2/18 7:44 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Good morning everyone.

Today I work from home. It's a nice way to ease in to the work week. I particularly need it today coming back from a lovely 4 day weekend. We hosted Easter yesterday so I have lots of leftovers, luckily all of the desserts, candy and most of the high carb treats are gone already. I have noticed I eat more on days I work from home so I am trying to work on that bad habit.

QOTD: Maybe mid-80's if my health remains good and my hubby, friends and family are also still around. It was sad when my grandparents started losing their friends and close family members. I wouldn't want to be the last to go.

I was down 2lbs last week to 162.8 on Saturday ****il yesterday, accountability was not good yesterday), back up to 166 this am, hoping it is mostly water weight! I know I did not eat 4lbs worth of junk in one day.

B- protein shake, coffee

mid-morning snack- premier protein bar

L- leftover ham or deviled eggs

D- leftover salmon or a tuna pack if the kids fini**** up before me

Jess Says Yes
on 4/2/18 11:49 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Monday all. I'm struggling a bit today. My afternoon session got canceled so I'm home, and Easter leftovers are calling my name. I indulged and ate off of plan. I think I just had too many carbs yesterday at Easter dinner and that's leading to cravings today. I know what I need to do, but I am having a little pity party over the struggle today.

QOTD: I don't want to stick around if I'm a burden or unable to enjoy living. So whenever I get to that point, lights out. I would truly love to live to see my kids become their full adult selves, and I'd love to be a grandmother.

B - Protein shake

L - pimento cheese and 7 crackers, salami

D - leftover ham

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

ShirlAus
on 4/2/18 1:43 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Tuesday here and working from our farm. Its 6.35am and Im sitting at the table looking out at the beginning of a gorgeous sunrise. All our visitors left yesterday. We were feeding between 8-15 over the 4 days. Our tiny house and us coped amazingly well.6 dogs too! I ate a few mini solid eggs and some deserts but feel like Ive dropped weight as I pretty much was on the move from dawn till bedtime looking after people. So much food so I will spend some of this afternoon making it into other meals and freezing as neither mum nor I eat much.

Mum has stayed up with me so Im looking forward to spending some time with her after I finish work and the vet has been to look at our cows.

QOTD: My Dad passed from pancreatic and liver cancer at 67. I look like him and am more of his side of the family. My Mum though slowing down a lot is 77 this August. Her family are long timers so I hope to get into my mid to late 80's. Having the sleeve and loosing a lot of my excess weight certainly will help me achieve that I believe. The main thing is I would like to not burden my family - just keep my marbles and pop off in my sleep - that would be ideal.

B: Slice of Toast with chicken

S: Fresh Fruit

L: TBD - will be leftovers

D: TBD - Leftovers - may make chicken and veg quiche to use things up

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and belated Happy Easter

Shirley :)

CC C.
on 4/2/18 8:45 pm

Very late post...

Gwen, I got a new doctor today too. I love my PCP, but she has been too hard to get in to see. The final straw was calling 6 weeks ahead of time for a plastics pre-clearance appointment and being first told she didn't have anything available and later being told she could see me a week after the surgeon requires the clearance. Grr. I'm going with a doctor who is a sort of a concierge doctor. You pay a reasonable monthly fee (outside of insurance) and get unlimited health visits, plus gynecological check ups. For $99, he'll even make a house call. Same day and next day appointments are available. And he can see me in 8 days for my first appt and clearance. Sounds too good to be true! I hope I like him. The Yelp reviews for the practice are fantastic.

QOTD: I want to live as long as I can still enjoy my life and do things I enjoy and I haven't outlived all my friends. The moment that ends, I want out. My mom died at 68, but didn't take care of herself. My soon to be 77 year old dad took great care of himself and has been battling cancer (and currently amazingly succeeding). I think mid-80s sounds good.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - turkey sausage, cheese, egg white sandwich

D - Bbq chicken quinoa casserole

S - Reeces peanut butter eggs

Most Active