Surgery about a day away

andriyuhh
on 4/2/18 3:05 pm

Hey guys, so im scheduled for surgery April 4th at 11am. As time draws near im wondering is there any last minute advice you guys could give? Whether it be in regards to packing for the hospital, supplements, post op water intake etc. Im all ears! Or eyes i should say.

Thanks!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/18 3:52 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Stock up on protein shakes you like and sugar free popsicles! I think I ate three a day or more right after I got home for awhile.

CC C.
on 4/2/18 8:32 pm

Don't take too much to the hospital. You'll mostly sleep!

You'll do great. Sip, sip, sip all the time like it's your only job. Good luck!

MJSpencer
on 4/3/18 4:47 am, edited 4/2/18 9:47 pm
VSG on 03/29/18

Agree you won't need much in hospital as you will want to sleep. Also when you get home the first couple of days you may feel exhausted. Take it easy.

Let the nurses know when your pain is low.....say 2 out of 10 and try to have any pain relief through your drip line as it works quicker. On my first night I had some dry gagging, they put maxalon through my iv and it was knocked on the head and hasn't returned.

They had me walk for 10 mins out of every hour the next day and having that first shower feels great. Sip water slowly and ask for ice to suck on if you need it. I preferred that at first.

I had mine last Thurday 29th. Feeling pretty good now. Also I had some transferring pain that ran up to my collar bone when I sat up etc. The nurse said it was from some gas left, surgeon said blood,both said it would go in 48 hours but it took 96 but all good now.

Good luck

Most Active