Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 4/3/2018

Gwen M.
on 4/3/18 6:18 am, edited 4/3/18 6:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! I'm geared up and about to go run. First time in forever. I'm scared and excited. I figured I'd start the beginning of my Zombies Run 5k Training App and see how it goes with the feet/shoulder issues I've been working on. Fingers crossed! Once I get back home it's school, school, school.

QOTD: Introduce yourself! I know that I can forget who people are or wonder about who new people are, so I figured it would be nice if we took a moment to briefly introduce ourselves. Who are you? Where are you in the WLS process? What do you occupy your time with? (I'll reply in a comment, after my run.)

1: protein shake
2: lamb salad
3: Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Garlic, Citrus and Cilantro

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running/stretching

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/3/18 6:48 am, edited 4/2/18 11:48 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Gwen. Good for you getting back to running! I ran when in my lighter weight days after successful diets until I was about 50 (and loved it). Then I hurt my knee and gained a LOT of weight and that was that. I do sometimes do short spurts but don't want to do more at my age as I want to retain my joints if possible.

QOTD: With that lead-in, I am 63 (as of last month) and retired (as of this last November). I had my VSG on 3/28/2016, so just celebrated my 2 year surgiversary. I was at my original goal by October 2016, then settled in my current weight range in December 2016. So I have been maintaining for about 16 months. Some days are a challenge, but I find that having a plan and eating things that I know will fill me up and satisfy me allow me to maintain without feeling deprived. I do allow deviations from plan when it is worth it, but just don't do it every day (and go back to my usual routine ASAP). I'm newly retired so I haven't figured out my exact schedule but for the next year it will be something like: living on Cape Cod Massachusetts from mid-April to early November, then in southwest Florida from early November probably until sometime in May 2019. It will be one year at a time, as DH has Alzheimer's (early onset in his late 50s and he will be 66 this year).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey

D: leftover grouper

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 4/3/18 7:01 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Enjoy your run, Gwen.

Ive been up since 520 am. I forgot to take my bedtime pill and was too late to take when I woke up during the night.

Todays my Dad's Birthday, he's 77. I'm going to meet him for lunch.

Qotd hi my name isYvonne, live in West Michigan area. I had surgery 3 1/2 years ago. If I'm not spending time with friends and family, I spend a lot time on my iPad and phone. Go to church on Sunday and Wednesday night. Go to support group every two weeks. So that's tonight. I lead a boring life.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L either fish or chicken, coleslaw and a few fries.

D not sure, either my original lunch I have or chicken sausage and leftovers from Easter.

Have a good day

Gwen M.
on 4/3/18 7:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Hi! I'm Gwen. I just turned 41 and I had VSG four years ago. I'd ultimately like to lose a little bit more weight, but I'm also super happy where I am now. I've pretty much finished the whole reconstructive surgery thing, but I might have a revision of my legs at some point near the end of the year.

Other than that, I'm a full time college student studying Health Management Services and Gerontology/Aging Services. I'll graduate with my BS at the end of 2019. I do all my classes online and my sessions are all 8 weeks long which means I get pretty busy when classes are going.

When I have free time, I enjoy cooking, reading, playing games (board, video, and role-playing), singing, and exercise. Well, I exercise whether I've got free time or not since it's important. I run and take pilates, tai chi, and yoga classes!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Acedding27
on 4/3/18 8:25 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! I'm happy it's Tuesday...one day closer to FRIYAY! During April, the kids are a bit wild and everyone is ready for the end of May. It'll be here before we know it. ;-)

QOTD: Hello, I'm Amanda and I am a 28-year-old high school English teacher that lives in north Mississippi (about 10 minutes south of Memphis.) I've been super-happily married for almost two years to my wonderful wife. We are hoping to start trying for a baby this June and we hope to purchase a house or find a bigger rental by the end of this year. I just got my Master's degree last year in Secondary Education: Curriculum and Instruction (my B.A. is in English Lit.) On the weekends, I work at a Circle K and I hope to pursue National Boards when I can get the funds together. I have been obese since I was about 10 years old, and I got VSG 3.5 months ago. I've lost about 86 pounds, and I have about 100 more to go. I'm doing my best to stay positive and keep on keeping on! I am looking in the area now for group exercise classes. I was thinking some sort of aerobics class would be nice. For exercise now, I go walking around our neighborhood or I do a Bodyfit video on YouTube. My end goal is 190, although I wouldn't mind going a little lower. Ultimately, I want to be healthy and happy for the duration of my life! That may be at 175 or that may be at 195, we will see. :-)

B: premier protein chocolate shake

L: probably tuna and crackers unless the cafeteria has something better

D: Either chicken taco casserole or baked BBQ chicken with pineapple

Snacks: Probably a salami stick or some greek yogurt after work

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Jess Says Yes
on 4/3/18 8:36 am, edited 4/3/18 1:39 am
VSG on 10/24/17

QOTD: Hello everyone! I'm Jess, a 35-year-old clinical social worker in South Carolina. I'm married to the kindest and goofiest guy ever, Nick and we have two kiddos. Rylan is 10 and Nyah is 7. I currently have two jobs. I work for our county library system providing life skills and psychoeducation groups for adults and teens who are incarcerated. I also work for a non-profit rape crisis center doing group therapy with incarcerated women. Between the kids and my jobs I stay very busy, but I also love to read and watch movies/TV, and I am super close with my parents and siblings. Nick and I also love to travel! Overall my life is just beautiful. My weight and health are the only real suffering currently. I am nearly 6 months post op and feeling so much better!

B - Protein shake

L - turkey & cheddar

d - beef stew

e - walking with my mom and sister this evening :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

mmsmom
on 4/3/18 8:59 am - Woburn, MA

I'm already finding this kitchen remodel challenging. It's tough to plan food and prepare it. Ugh.

QOTD: I'm from Woburn, MA - the town that "A Civil Action" was based on - although i didn't grow up here and moved long after all that happened. I'm married for 32 years and have two children, a 28 year old scientist (daughter) and a 26 year old mason (son). They both live within 1/2 a mile of me - which makes me very, very happy. I had my surgery 4 years ago this month and have weighed less, but am still in my comfort zone. This may sound obnoxious, but I'd like to lose a few pounds and get back into my size 4s. I work as a patent/trademark paralegal for Hologic - we make 3d mammogram machines, thin prep and various other medical devices. I love my dog more than life itself (Reggie, my Frenchie), am a subscriber to Broadway in Boston (7 shows a year), love to go camping and LOVE to travel.

B: steel cut oats

L: salad with turkey breast

D: IDK - got chinese take out last night from a new place and planned on having it 2 nights. It was gross and we threw it out. Disappointing. Also bought a bunch of scratch lottery tickets and did not win even $1. Last night was a big waste of money!!!

E: walk

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jess Says Yes
on 4/3/18 5:58 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I absolutely LOVE Broadway musicals. So cool you see so many shows each year!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/18 9:23 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I'm at work and grumpy because I forgot all of my food at home. Just walked right out the door. Breaks are not long enough to go and get something and I don't bring my wallet with cash and cards! So basically I am living off of water today.

QOTD: I am Makayla and I am 28 years old. I had surgery January 13th 2017 so just over a year out. I am currently a CNA and going to start back to school soon once I get into a job with a better schedule. I enjoy video games, reading, painting, and going to the park to throw lettuce down for the ducks and geese. I love all things horror including books and movies.

Breakfast- Nature's Own wheat plus protein bread with whipped Greek cream cheese

There is nothing else to post until dinner

Dinner- Protein shake most likely since its protein heavy and I'm seriously lacking protein today

IamevilHomer
on 4/3/18 9:34 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Good afternoon everyone! My brain popped awake at 3am for no good reason today and I could not go back to sleep. Ugh, Tuesday's I work 10 hour days and I'm currently ready for bed at 12:30. It's going to be a long day today. I did star****ching Gilmore Girls this morning on Netflix when I gave up on returning to sleep. It's really good!

Qotd- My name is Molly, I am a 40yo nurse practitioner. I had surgery almost 2 years ago in Mexico after my insurance company denied me in the States. My initial BMI was too low (39) and I would have had to gain 20lbs and maintain it for 2 years before I could get approved. It was a great experience in MX and the hospital and care was better than I've seen in all the US hospitals I have worked in. Currently I am working full-time and going to school part-time (my classes are 7 week blocks too Gwen) this year so I can be duality certified as both a Family and Psychiatric NP. I have been married almost 16 years and have 2 teenage sons. Life is great except school is harder at 40 than it was in my 20's!

B Chile protein shake, coffee

S- grande nonfat flat white from Starbucks (need so much caffeine today!)

l- 2 chicken skewers

D-? I also packed a Lenny & Larry's protein cookie for an evening snack since I'm at wor****il 7pm tonight.

Most Active