Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, April 16, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/16/18 3:47 am, edited 4/16/18 3:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today is an open day for going to the pool and/or packing and walking Justice. Tomorrow will be our final packing day so the more we can do today the better. But I don't want to take the lanai furniture in until last thing because then it feels like we are really leaving in 2 days (which we are).

QOTD: How much control do you like to have in your personal life in terms of planning activities, meals, etc.? Do you like to share responsibilities if you can with a partner, other family member or friend? I used to share most things with DH, but he did most of the planning for trips and meal planning (at least when I worked full-time). He also took care of the work in buying a new home (he was an attorney). I took care of planning day to day activities, housekeeping, laundry, and things revolving around the kids. I bought and paid for all my clothing and most house decor, and he took care of purchasing and paying for his personal items. When we had 2 homes, he took care of the bills for one and I did for the other. I made my own doctor appointments and went to them alone and DH did the same. Now I have to do EVERYTHING, since DH has Alzheimer's which can feel like a burden sometimes. I like control, but geez it is getting tiring already!

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: Deli turkey

D: fish (out to dinner)

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 4/16/18 5:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Glad to see you back Gwen! I feel for you Liz, Alzheimer's is a thief. It literally steals our loved ones away, piece by piece.

QOTD: Although we share responsibilities, my husband is ADD so needs pretty much constant direction if we need to get anything done. Most of the time, I need to remind him to take out trash, gas up the car or perform household chores. He is very easily distracted unless he is focused on something he likes to do. (And luckily, he loves tech so his business does well, but that doesn't mean he hasn't left his laptop, ladder, or networking tools at a customers site.) I plan most activities and then run it by him so he doesn't feel left out. When it comes to meals, I am the final say. And if you don't like what I'm making, then find something else on your own. I have no mercy when it comes to the food aspect. I used to try to allow others to help in meal planning, but it was too easy to allow myself to give in to not so good choices. Now I allow others to make suggestions, but that is all they are. I am the final vote.

Meal 1: Coffee, PP protein shake

Meal 2: Miso with LO Pork

Meal 3: LO Beef and Mushroom

Meal 4: Hot dogs (no bun for me) with cheese sauce, fresh mexican street corn (a smidge for me). (Again we didn't have this... so we will shoot for this meal again tonight.)

Snack: 2 cups of tea with stevia. Protein drink or jerky if needed.

Water and Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

AnnieG522
on 4/16/18 6:33 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Liz, I'm so sorry you are both living through ALZ. There are no words for that. Be good to yourself.

QOTD: How much control do you like to have in your personal life in terms of planning activities, meals, etc.? Do you like to share responsibilities if you can with a partner, other family member or friend? I have MDD and severe MAD, with OCD. That said, my husband handles finances - he is stellar at it. Meal prep its kind of who feels like doing it (we are both retired), but I love to cook regardless of VGS, so I would say I do most. Except breakfast, which he normally does. Activities? We each plan, consulting the other one about impact & timing; our oldest daughter plans a lot of things with us that include the other girls (2); our son is on the West Coast. Oldest son is relatively close but has two teenagers, so its catch-as-catch can.

IS THERE A food tracker where meals are broken down into numbers rather than B,L,D,S?

Meal 1: Coffee, premier protein

Meal 2: 2 canadian bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle

Meal 3: haven't a clue about the rest of my day, but lots of healthy things in frig

NOTE: I had been feeling very ill the last few days; we double-checked after the egg announcement (salmonella), and our eggs were from that batch. Ewww

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/16/18 7:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You can change the names of meals in MFP to whatever you want.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 4/16/18 9:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

As Liz said. MFP (MyFitnessPal) allows you to change the names of your meals. You can also have up to 6 meals logged so you could have Meal 1 - 5 and a Snack or Meals 1-6 or anything in between.

IamevilHomer
on 4/16/18 7:08 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Good morning and happy Monday to all,

I am working from home today (I do every Monday) and its so rainy, windy and gray outside. We had a lovely taste of Spring on Friday and Saturday with sun and temps in the 70-80s then a cold front came in early Sunday and we are back to Winter again.

Hubby and I both treated ourselves to Lasik eye surgery on Friday (we used his annual work bonus). It is so amazing to wake up in the morning and see without glasses or contacts. My vision was 20/250 and is now 20/20! My husband has to wear reading glasses (he had bifocals before, and the surgery only corrects for distance) but I don't need anything. Hoping I won't need reading glasses for a few more years and enjoy perfect vision.

QOTD- I have control freak tendencies. I tend to manage all financial decisions, bill paying, appointments for me and the kids etc. My husband does help out a lot with household chores, meal planning and cooking and manages some of the smaller bills.

B- hot tea (decaf, boo!) with heavy cream

L- Jimmy Dean simply scrambles- bacon

D- spaghetti sauce with meat

S- protein bar or protein rice krispy bar (Enlightened brand, not very tasty would not buy again)

Kristi T.
on 4/16/18 10:25 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I had cataracts in both eyes at a young age, 39. When I was allowed to remove the patches and got to see the world clearly it was the most amazing feeling. I wore glasses from the age of 17 to 39, now I use reading glasses occasionally. Enjoy the new found freedom of life without glasses!!!

Jess Says Yes
on 4/16/18 7:42 am, edited 4/16/18 12:43 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning! The prison is on lockdown right now, so I'm waiting to see if it lifts. If not, I'll have to cancel my groups. Still prepping as though they will go on.

QOTD: I like lots of control over most aspects of my life, so I am pretty much the shot caller in our home. I do most of the food planning and cooking, I handle the finances, and I oversee the kid's stuff. I plan the majority of our trips and vacations although Nick has been inclined to throw a few fun surprises in. I always run everything by him. He is much more laid back than me, and he is also happy to do more than his share of the work as long as I do the planning.

B - Protein shake

L - leftover steak & veggies

D - eggs

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

AnnieG522
on 4/16/18 6:39 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Hoping all went well and you were not in Lee County SC.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Jess Says Yes
on 4/16/18 7:05 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I am in SC, not in Lee county, but that tragic incident is what led to a system wide lockdown. Thank you for your well wishes, that's kind of you.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active