Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 4/18/2018

Gwen M.
on 4/18/18 4:13 am, edited 4/18/18 4:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all. I woke up bright and early to go to fitness classes, but quickly realized that I feel pretty crummy. I haven't slept well the last three nights, probably due to a medication adjustment. So I think I'll go back to sleep for a few hours. Later today I've got a physical therapy evaluation for my neck (the source of my shoulder pain) so taking it easy prior to that is probably a better idea anyway!

Aside from PT, today is a day for school work. I've got to finish up my reading and get my discussion posts up. Then I might start working on my interview assignment that's due next week! I've already done the interviews, just need to write up the actual 8-10 page paper.

QOTD: Where is the most interesting place you've been? (I'll answer in a reply later.)

1: protein shake
2: lamb stew
3: sous vide rib-eyes, sherry-shallot pan sauce (I haven't sous vide rib eyes yet, and it's Art's favorite cut, so I'm excited.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: physical therapy

How about you? What's happening in your world today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/18 4:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We are leaving Florida in less than 3 hours, then have about 12 hours total of travel time. We have a bit of buttoning up to do but are mostly ready to go.

QOTD: Probably Italy. We went there for 2 weeks in 2011. I loved the beauty, the history, the architecture, the art, the food...

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Protein bar

D: something protein based at a restaurant on our way from Boston to home tonight.

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 4/18/18 4:56 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. I keep thinking today is Thursday - ugh, disappointing!! Liz - weather looks good for early next week here - 60s!

QOTD: The most interesting place I've been is a cruise to Alaska in 1985 - but my favorite place by far was Paris - I WILL go back some day.

B: steel cut oats

L: Idk

D: frozen custard opened 2 miles from my house. I am thinking that for dinner with something nutritious around 7, lol.

E: will walk - maybe to custard!

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 4/18/18 5:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I was thinking about this and my first thought was that Norway was really interesting, but then I remembered the Ringve Museum.. which is in Norway.

The first time I went to Norway, Lance and I decided to do the Hurtigruten up the coast. We flew into Oslo, which is where his parents live, and spent time around Oslo. Then we took a train to Bergen and got on the ship/ferry/boat thing. We took the Hurtigruten (which is like a cargo ship with passenger rooms - not like a cruise) from Bergen to Kirkenes and then flew back to Oslo for a few more days before heading back home.

One of the things I really wanted to see in Norway was the cathedral at Trondheim. I LOVE architecture and cathedrals are amazing. The tour offered for the cathedral included the Ringve Museum. We knew nothing about it but, whatever, it was part of the cathedral tour so we had to do it too.

It was amazing. It's a music/music history museum that primarily focuses on the history of keyboard instruments and it was so fascinating! I think I enjoyed it more than the cathedral :) Our tour guide would play the historical instruments as we progressed through the museum so we got to hear the evolution instead of just see it.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Acedding27
on 4/18/18 7:45 am, edited 4/18/18 12:53 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Yesterday was a frantic day for me. Right after lunch, one of my kiddos passed out and had a 15 minute seizure. We are very rural, so it took the ambulance almost 25 minutes to get here. I've had this boy since 8th grade, so I know his mother and he has NOT been diagnosed with a disorder. Found out last night that he's going to be okay and back at school tomorrow. I was TERRIFIED! I have after school tutoring today (which I am NOT thrilled about, but it's only 45 minutes) and then I get to take my nephew to the park again. We went yesterday (it was 68 degrees and beautiful!) and I was able to do some walking while watching him play. I have a feeling that I'll be getting MUCH more exercise over the summer now.

QOTD: I guess the most interesting place I've ever been would have to be a toss-up between San Diego and New York City. Honestly, I really enjoyed Little Rock too, but it's just nowhere near the same level of awesome. We spent half of our honeymoon in New York (I saved for a year) in a townhouse on Staten Island. It was so nice, being able to get up, walk to the ferry, ride over to Manhattan for free, and explore. We actually really liked the flavor of Staten Island. We spent some time walking the area and just being there. We went to Greenwich Village and enjoyed Judd Apatow and some other big name comedians at The Comedy Cellar. We went to Stonewall, saw the new memorial park, saw the statue of liberty, Rockefeller Center, had a dragnificient brunch at LIPS, went to the Staten Island Pride Parade, etc. The adult stores in NYC are also on point compared to the ones in Mississippi. We saw Chicago on Broadway, and it was pretty great. Sidenote, I was SO large at the time (at my heaviest) that I couldn't fit in the seats. We ended up getting our own private show box with drinks. That was cool. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I NEVER have to worry about a seat now. I'm sitting at 282 as of this morning, and I haven't had a problem since I've been under 300. It's really refreshing and encouraging!

M1: Nonfat, Sugar-free latte

M2: Oikos Triple Zero Peach Yogurt

M3: Salami, mozzarella, a few melba crackers

M4: Salad with spring mix, cucumber, lemon pepper chicken, goat cheese crumbles, and skinny girl dijon dressing (this is my new favorite salad...DW adds craisins and croutons)

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/18 7:49 am
VSG on 01/12/17
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/18 7:54 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I will try this again. I posted it and it only posted the first couple lines, so had to delete it and start over. I had a bunch typed, now I have less time so will throw everything into a condensed version :(

QOTD: An aquarium in springfield, MO. They have otters, and their social and adorable!

Breakfast- Egg, cottage cheese

Lunch- Chicken salad (2oz of tyson's already cooked chicken tenderloin, light miracle whip, mustard, dill relish)

Dinner- Going out with a friend tonight, am thinking about maybe shrimp tonight. It's at a mexican place, and they cook it in salsa verde sauce, which I love.

Snacks- Chobani plain greek, half a premier protein as creamer through the day

Gwen M.
on 4/19/18 6:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

How were your interviews?!

(Did you use a greater than or less than sign in the original post you tried to make? Those screw OH posts up.)

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/18 7:32 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for asking and I'm not sure now, but something happened to my post! I got a new job starting the end of May

Melody P.
on 4/18/18 10:11 am - Amarillo, TX

QOTD: Jasper, AB, Canada. I haven't been a ton of places but mountains are my most favorite thing to visit. I loved it there. AND stereotypically the people were actually the nicest people of places i've visited. I went to Edmonton and a few friends and me drove up there. If I could live anywhere else it'd be around that area.

Breakfast: boiled egg and 1/2 oz cheese oh and a bit of tomato.

Lunch:ground chicken and a light sauce(homemade) and some cooked carrots.

Dinner:chicken(about an oz) parmesan "muffin" and some bottled roasted red peppers. Also some more cooked carrots

The in-between stuff is a protein shake divided.

Exercise will be a walk for however long I can go and maybe a short stationary bike ride for 10-15 minutes.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views