Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Sunday, 5/6/2018

Gwen M.
on 5/6/18 5:21 am, edited 5/6/18 5:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I guess I'll go ahead and get this started, since I can! I'm hanging out in a hotel room while Lance runs a half marathon. I'm not sure who has the better side of this deal. I'd love to be running. I can't wait to get back to it once I'm home from vacation! It helps me to feel more like me.

Today is also my mom's 75th birthday!! So I called her and sang happy birthday at 8am, which seemed like an acceptable hour.

I'm all finished with my school work for the term, so I'm now working on finishing up my INELDA pre-training before I go on vacation tomorrow. Once I'm home this afternoon I'll do laundry and get packing. Plus I hope to try out a new game (Arkham Horror: The Card Game) with Art, Skype with my mom, and various other last minute things.

QOTD: Tell us about your favorite vacation, or a vacation you have planned? (I'll reply in a comment - but clearly my brain is in vacation mode!)

1: hotel breakfast of scrambled eggs and a few pieces of potato
2: possibly a doughnut from Glory Doughnuts, if they still have doughnuts left
3: protein shake
4: dinner out - I think we'll do Chipotle and I'll get a chicken bowl with chicken, salsa, guac, cheese, and lettuce.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: home PT exercises

How about you? What's going on for you this Sunday?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 5/6/18 5:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/6/18 5:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah for the term being over and pre-training almost done! You deserve a vacation!

QOTD: My favorite vacation was probably the two weeks DH and I spent in Italy for our 30th anniversary in 2011. I just realized that the reason I had to do the planning/arranging for it was that DH was already dealing with Alzheimer's. At the time I was frustrated because he had always planned and executed all our prior vacations. Italy was wonderful! The food, the wine, the beauty, the history... I am also excited about our 2+ week vacation coming in September to Scotland, Northern Ireland and France. It may be the last time DH can do this kind of trip and hopefully it will go well (though it will still be a challenge).

2 Years, 1 month post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp and salmon or 1/2 leftover burger or deconstructed low-carb pizza

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, SF pudding

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/18 5:47 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. More gardening for me today. I'll post pictures when my bed is completed and filled. I bought a hydrangea to put in it in the corner so I can plant some flowers all around it, and some creeping phlox for right in front to spill out over the box's edges. Of course, it will take awhile to actually be full and do that, but I can't wait.

It's harder to eat more than I thought. Like, a lot harder. I didn't feel miserable, but I had trouble figuring out what to add since just eating crap to boost number was out of the question. A little extra of a protein shake is easier way to go for now, but I will probably do veggies more. Though, I have to admit seeing the calorie number over 700s is so scary to me. I'm never in this territory and I'm so paranoid of gaining weight. I have to keep chanting "You're active, and it's still well under the calories likely needed to just maintain." Still, my head likes to play games.

QOTD: Never been on a great vacation!

Kristi T.
on 5/6/18 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Sounds like your garden will be lovely! I love, love, love hydrangeas but can't keep them alive for some reason! I accidently threw out my hibernating Bleeding Heart last week and now have to go through my compost pile to find it. So much for the green thumb I thought I had!:-)

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/18 5:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I hope you have so much fun on your vacation (I know you will). You've worked so hard, you deserve it!

CC C.
on 5/6/18 10:09 am

Greetings, VSGers!

I'm off to lunch in a bit with some friends who wanted to hang out before my surgery Tuesday. It'll be nice to see them, but I'm in that nesting mode when I want to get everything ready for afterwards and I don't feel organized yet. But time with friends is important!

After that I need to wash my dirty dog so he doesn't go to stay with his sitter for two weeks in a grimy state. He prefers grimy to clean, but I have to respectfully disagree with his wishes.

QOTD: I would love to go hiking in New Zealand. Maybe next year...

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - ?? Going to Seasons52

D - eggs

S - protein shake and TBD

Kristi T.
on 5/6/18 10:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

"I have to respectfully disagree with his wishes", you gave me my first good laugh of the day, thank you!

Kristi T.
on 5/6/18 10:12 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I agree, you have worked really hard this term Gwen you deserve a great vacation!

The sun finally came out and the wind stopped, yea! We have rain everyday next week, so I will take advantage of today as much as possible. I might even mow the lawn, the rain will cause it to look more like a jungle than it already is.

QOTD-I would have to say my yearly pilgrimage to Palm Springs, CA in the dead of winter is my favorite. It just gets better every year and a little longer too. I would live there year round if I could, even in the 110 degrees or more summers...I love it there!

B-Bullet coffee and 1/2 Quest Bar

L-Roasted chicken and string cheese roll ups

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia

D-Grilled steak(A friend gave me 4 beautiful steaks from Thrive Market), mushrooms and asparagus

E-Walk/run with Emmy

Have a peaceful and safe Sunday!

Acedding27
on 5/6/18 10:20 am
VSG on 12/14/17

That's what I get at Chipotle (no cheese yet and half guac)! We don't eat out much, but I love anything resembling Mexican.

It feeds me THREE times.

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views