Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, May 7, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/7/18 4:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend! For those of you who haven't seen it, my news of the day is that I got a tattoo on the back of my shoulder in memory of my daughter (pic below). She had several Pooh characters tattooed around her ankle including Tigger. Her signature is in the middle. It is my first one and was really not that bad to get, just a little uncomfortable. I was really happy with the place I went to.

QOTD: If you have a friend/family member who could really benefit from WLS, would you try to steer them that way or just answer questions if/when they ask them? I know several people including younger DD who I think would greatly benefit from it. One is a close friend who has had some heart and joint issues and instead of losing the weight as his cardiologist stressed, he has gained more weight! Everyone knows I have had WLS and that I am happy with it. I just answer questions, but don't suggest anything. I might have been a little more pointed with DD, telling her I would help with the cost if she ever wanted to do it.

2 Years, 1.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: 1/2 leftover burger or deconstructed low-carb pizza

S: Apple, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 5/7/18 5:05 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning,

what a pretty name, Elise - and I love the tat.

QOTD: I have one very heavy friend who I greatly encouraged to get VSG after she asked me about it- bottom line, she doesn't want to stop eating and made numerous excuses why she couldn't get the surgery. Last thing she said - about 3 years ago was that her "angel cards" told her to go in a different direction. She is still as heavy as ever. It upsets me to know she could feel so much better, but I can't take on everyone else's problems.

B: steelcut oats

L: going out with work - who knows

D: still no kitchen - maybe grab something on our weekly trek to home depot : /

E: walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/7/18 5:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I frequently hear that I can't change my eating, I'm just going to reduce portion size. And the next time I see that person they are often even heavier. I tell people that I actually enjoy eating more than I used to (true), and the healthy things that I eat more of now (like fish), I eat because I like it. I guess everyone has to arrive at a path on their own. I definitely did, but no one ever suggested WLS to me. Even my PCP didn't outright suggest I (I wish he had).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/18 6:47 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! For once I actually feel good this morning. Like I have some energy. I'm not sure what the change is exactly, but I don't feel dead right out of bed, which is foreign to me. Over the last 4-5 months my energy has been absolutely nothing and I've felt like a zombie most the time trying to force myself to go.

I'm on day 2 of more calories than normal. Staying in the 800 range is so scary. Wait is this day 3? Now I have to look at my logs, but it's for one, hard to reach 800 and then two when I see I'm in the 800's its hard to not feel like I'm messing up. Until I adjust a few days I'm trying not to step on the scale since I figured it might show an increase from eating more instead of a decrease? I don't know, weight is sometimes like magic to me and I don't get it.

Your tattoo is beautiful Liz. I think it's an incredible tribute and so well done.

QOTD: I know a couple people, and they have asked me a lot of questions. More than fine to answer any and all questions about my surgery. Problem is, I tell them all that they have to be ready mentally. If they don't get control on why they eat so much even if its just from boredom, then I don't know if it will work! All of them tell me the same thing, they don't want to give up their snacks. Then why did you ask about surgery? It's not a magic wand. It's hard work and dedication to changing your life.

MissCheri18
on 5/7/18 7:21 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

you found a very good artist Liz and a wonderful tribute to your daughter. It is very nice of you to offer to cover the cost for your friend they are foolish not to accept. I know one of my biggest fears which might be answered Weds, is if I can afford the co-pay.

CC C.
on 5/7/18 7:33 am

Good morning!

Yikes, my plastic surgery is tomorrow morning. How did the time fly so fast? Today I need to get all my clothes and toiletries that I'll need for the next 3 weeks downstairs, pack a bag for the recovery center, and get the dog to the sitter's. But first I am doing my first reformer Pilates class this morning.

QOTD: I only have one friend and no family members who are heavy and the one friend has already had RNY 7 years ago. But I think I would do what you've done, Liz. Be open about my experience and answer questions.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - eggs

D - soup?

S - protein shake

Agran
on 5/7/18 8:57 am

Good luck with your surgery.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/7/18 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Exciting (and I know anxiety producing). It will all be worth it!

Kristi T.
on 5/7/18 9:22 am, edited 5/7/18 2:37 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My thoughts are with you tomorrow Cecily! One moment at a time, you will do amazing!

(Edited to change picture)

Erin T.
on 5/7/18 8:37 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Jon has a fever/cold thing and he woke up both up at 3:30am with his inability to sleep and his tossing and turning. I am feeling a little Zzzzz at work today.

QOTD: I wouldn't suggest WLS to anyone. It's a very personal decision. But, I have been approached twice now to talk about my experience from people who were considering the surgery. One ended up going through it and the other is in the pre-op stages.

15 months post-op/Maintenance/130.2lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Cheese, Turkey Sausage

M3: Chicken Sausage w/ Cucumber

M4: Seared Tuna and (homemade) Hibachi Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I'm not sure, today might be a rest day.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views