Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, May 20, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/18 7:15 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! It's another amazing, chilly rainy day. Since my gardens are all done, I don't mind all this glum weather. Always liked a rainy day anyway, going out and splashing in puddles never scared me any. We're getting ready to go out to breakfast at Denny's. It's a later than I like breakfast, I prefer to eat earlier, but I guess I need to work on being more flexible with my eating times so it's not as upsetting to me. In therapy we learned all sorts of stress coping skills, need to dust a couple of those off.

Tomorrow is first day of my orientation at the hospital. Boring orientation stuff :( tomorrow it's "marketing orientation" now sure what that has to do with me, but It's 8 hours lol. A full work day of marketing orientation. They are offering breakfast and lunch to us free, but I'll be packing my own food to bring. My nurse manager e-mailed me and said the coordinator would meet with me Tuesday and we would come up with my schedule.

QOTD: What was something small you couldn't physically do before, or struggled with, but now it's nothing?

Standing. Standing long periods of time killed my lower back. I couldn't stand and wash dishes, I had to get a chair, couldn't cook, had to get a chair. Waiting in line at the store? I would have to lean over the handle of the cart just to try and stop my back hurting. Even at that I refused to use a cart, I was too embarrassed and ashamed and would just grit my teeth through the pain.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/20/18 8:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It is a rainy day here too - I get depressed without sun too many days in a row.

QOTD: Walking any distance used to make my lower back ache so much that I'd have to sit for a while to recoup. And if I recouped enough to go further my feet would start killing me. Neither is a problem now.

2 Years, 1.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Chicken meatballs (maybe - didn't have them as planned yesterday)

S: apple, mozzarella/prosciutto stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 5/20/18 9:14 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good afternoon! It's actually a little dreary here too. I've always liked the rain, but it can be a little de-motivating. I just want to snuggle up with a heating pad and a book :)

QOTD: Walking uphill was a nightmare. Standing and walking were painful on my feet and back, but even a slight incline would cause me to start huffing and puffing and I would feel so terrible. Now it's no big deal. It's like my body was actually made to move around.

B - Coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - ? Hitting the store this afternoon. Meat & veggies of some sort :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 5/20/18 9:55 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Good luck with your new job Mersh, I hope on Tuesday you get a schedule that works better for you.

It's sunny and warm here today, we had our rain last week. I was ready for sun again, but I do get panicky when there are too many days of sun in a row. I got most of the yard work done except for some weeding in the front. I will be leaving for Denver soon so I have to wait to plant flowers when I get back.

QOTD-Climbing up stairs. I avoided stairs as much as possible, ALWAYS used the elevator.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Greek yogurt with SF pudding mix and diced almonds

S-Chai tea, string cheese

D-Having dinner with my uncle at his assisted living, tbd.

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a lovely Sunday!

yvonnef1964
on 5/20/18 10:16 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Its a cloudy day here and cool. Had to wear a sweater to church this morning.

Qotd walking and standing, my legs would give out after a short period of time. It's not a problem now.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and apple

D ham and carrots

Have a good day

Erin T.
on 5/20/18 10:48 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Afternoon! I am at work today because I took last Wednesday off and this is my trade. I reviewed 40 resumes for a position I have open and determined which ones I'd like to phone interview. Hopefully, HR won't disagree with my choices. I have 24 total positions open, but 19 of them are being filled by a temp agency so I just have to yes/no their candidates. This was the position with the most resumes to review.

QOTD: Squatting/kneeling. Like what you'd do to get down at a child's level? I just physically could not make my body do it. I actually still feel awkwardly bent when I try, but I'm now able to get into that position. I have a lot of issues with tightness in my hamstrings making things nearly impossible. For instance, I can't lay on my back and stick my legs straight into the air (waterfall pose in Yoga). I have to have a bend in my knees. I also can't do a forward fold from standing or sitting and my body still acts like I have a large gut when I try. I am trying to incorporate more Yoga and I think I may look into a massage that targets my lower back and hamstrings specifically.

16 months post-op/Maintenance/129.8lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M1.5: Quest Hero bar before a 3.6 mile run.

M2: ****gg, (2) Turkey Sausage Links, 1oz Cheese

M3: Chicken Breast, String Cheese, Raw Mushrooms

M4: Chicken Thigh w/ Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: The above-mentioned run. It was so humid, but I managed a 10:42 average pace which is my best time yet.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Cathy H.
on 5/20/18 12:40 pm, edited 5/20/18 5:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Good day, all! Rainy weekend here, and good grief my allergies are insane! I've had a stuffy head and congestion for going on 3 weeks now. Finally got with the ENT at work and was told yep, it's allergies. This is a new development for me. I developed Fall allergies to ragweed about 10 years ago, but the Spring allergies just started a couple years ago, and this year it's HORRIBLE. All the pollen...kill me now. Taking Allegra-D and it seems to be better, I don't feel so fuzzy headed and congested. The rain isn't helping either.

I'm going to see Three Dog Night in concert in St Louis on June 1st, and I'm so excited. Yeah, I'm old. A friend of mine is in the crew/publicity people, and is hopefully getting me a backstage meet & greet as well!! I have one of their original albums I hope to get autographed, wish me luck! This congestion better be gone and not ruin my trip!

QOTD: Standing, yes, but also being able to bend over at the waist and pick something up off the floor. It used to be a workout just to pick up something I dropped, or I had to have a grabber thing to get stuff. The only problem now is I'm so used to bending from the side to get things in and out of the fridge, that I've cracked my head on the freezer standing up after bending over now!! LOL I'm more careful after doing that a half dozen times!

Only 2 meals today because I slept late...

Brunch: Yogurt and peanut butter, coffee w/cream

Dinner: Leftover sausage pizza (toppings only, the crust goes down the disposal!), salad w/ranch dressing

Water and vites on track

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

ShirlAus
on 5/20/18 2:15 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Feel better soon x

Cathy H.
on 5/20/18 7:24 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Thanks, my friend :)

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

CC C.
on 5/20/18 6:54 pm

I love Three Dog Night!

Most Active