Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, May 24, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/18 4:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Thursday! I had a busy work around the house day yesterday whigh included multiple Justice walks as it was beautiful out and he had a lot of energy to expend. I missed posting on this thread!

QOTD: Do you plant flowers in the spring and if so what do you plant and when? I put flowers in 7 pots around the outside of the house and this year am hoping to plant tomatoes and possibly a few herbs. Most of my pots have dracena, vinca, and New Guinea impatiens in them, though the largest out front will have a couple of interesting looking leaved plants in them (can't remember the names). I never plant before Memorial Day weekend because I did it at the beginning of May once and we had torrential downpours that month which caused a lot of mess.

2 Years, 2 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: ceviche, scallops and veggies (DS cooking - last night was cancelled and rescheduled to tonight)

S: apple and/or protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 5/24/18 4:36 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I tried out hot yoga last night and it was amazing! I'm plenty sore today though.

QOTD: I have a brown thumb, but this year I have a lavender plant a bunch of herbs on my deck. Jon planted a Jalapeno plant and Isis brought me home a random plant for Mother's Day that is flowering well.

16 months post-op/Maintenance/129.9lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax & "Better Half" (Coconut Cream & Almond Milk Creamer)

M2: Protein Shake w/ Cashew Milk

M3: 85/15 Burger w/ Cheese & Whole Fat Greek Yogurt Dressing

M4: Chicken Sausage

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I brought my sneakers and I'm hoping to get outside for a walk today.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/18 5:23 am, edited 5/23/18 10:23 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hot yoga scares me. A friend of mine dislocated a shoulder doing it and I already have shoulder issues.

Oh, and I also have a brown thumb! That's why I pick easy plants! DH waters the pots (I forget) and I'm putting a water timer on the tomatoes this year?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 5/24/18 5:25 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm thinking that has nothing to do with the hot portion of Yoga. You are more flexible but I didn't feel like anything about it pushed me harder than the same method of yoga outside the practice room. There are many types of Yoga that are taught 'hot' as well.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Theduffman27
on 5/24/18 5:10 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Liz and menu crew - busy week for me as well, I have been mowing with my push mower rather than tractor and ended with over 16,000 steps last night without going to the gym or running. Then to camp to bring clothes for the weekend, Joddie is working a shift in the ER tonight and I will go to the gym right after work and then groceries and drop them off at camp so all we have to do is show up tomorrow.

Accountability - we plant on Memorial day, we head across the border to Canada as there are several green houses, the exchange makes the 15 minute trip worth it. As for what we plant....LOL....I do the lifting and the planting and alot of "yes dear"!!!

3 years, 5 months post op

B -Protein bar

S - salami/mozzerella roll

L - Ham chef salad

S - hard boiled eggs

D - left over grilled ribeye

Calories - 1003, Carbs - 28, Prot - 101

E - Gym night -

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 190, CW- 194.4 - 4.4 lbs to goal

mmsmom
on 5/24/18 5:31 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning VSGers! I feel the excitement of a long weekend already, even though I still basically have 2 workdays to get through!

QOTD: My (born in Sicily) father always was the gardener in our house. He ALWAYS put lime in the ground and wouldn't plant until after the full moon after memorial day. Well, my husband prepared the garden (no lime) and has already put several things in the ground. I'm afraid of what's going to happen, haha! We plant many tomatoes (heirloom, better boy, sweet 100s (my personal favorite), san marizano, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, cukes and lots of herbs, which i grow in the railing pots on my deck for convenience. I have had trouble with cilantro and dill as they get away from me and get stalky.

B: kashi with yogurt and banana

L: IDK - will be on the road to get to another building for the lose skin clinical trial

D: also IDK, ended up cooking tonight's dinner last night and feeding my son and his gf. Taco stuffed peppers and boy were they good!

E: walk

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

SallyCat
on 5/24/18 6:18 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Good morning,

Nope, don't plant anything although I like the idea of it. Maybe when I retire!

I have lost my three extra pounds that were hanging around. I attribute it to logging, getting my water in, cutting carbs, and increasing my protein. Duh.

B: greek yogurt

S: cheese and jerky

L: grilled chicken made with Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning blend. I've had it in the cabinet forever but finally tried it. A real hit at my house. Steamed broccoli and butternut squash

S: cottage cheese

D: some sort of chicken and veggies

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/18 6:30 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all! I slept in a bit. Don't have the air on yet since I'm stubborn, so slept on top of the blankets mostly, but then at some point I get cold and yank the cover up and roll myself like a burrito. My cat was part of the burrito, tucked in the blanket beside me.

Deadpool 2 was funny. I enjoyed it anyway, despite the length. Movies seem to be getting so long now! I have trouble sitting through an entire movie without getting up to stretch my legs. Before long they'll need to bring back intermissions! Got my work schedule. My first night is June 7th, so until then I'm back to slacker status. He said I could maybe call my nurse manager and see if there's a way I can get any days in before then, but it would be going in without being orientated to the department, and without the document and charting training, so I don't know if I will pick up days. I don't feel comfortable going in blind.

I bought a shirt online and it was a regular large. Where I bought from always runs small, but I bought a large anyway. When it came, I saw the tiny shirt and was already ready to send it back. It couldn't have possibly fit. Tried it on and it does and it's loose! Felt pretty good :)

Accountability for incomplete meal log: Great! We ended up not going to any of the places I thought we would and went to Noodles & Company, yuck. The food isn't yuck, but noodles? I haven't eaten a noodle in forever. They had zuchini noodles which is new (just my luck!) so we agreed to split a small Zoodle thai green curry with shrimp. I think the full small is 280cal, but we split it. Mostly I ate all the shrimp out of it lol, and they enjoyed the zoodles and curry, so it worked out. Didn't get any movie snacks and I didn't take anything since I figured I'd be fine.

QOTD: This is the first year I really went sort of crazy with planting. I have a huge vegetable garden with tomatoes, okra, jalapenos, squash, cucumbers, bell peppers. And I have multiple flower beds with gardenias, pansies, lilies, marigolds, a hydrangea, chlome, snapdragons, salvia. An older bed that we have had for years has rose bushes and a giant rhododendron and there are several peonie bushes around the house. We just got a giant rain though, and those knock the peonies around :(

Gwen M.
on 5/24/18 6:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yesterday was a sick day for me, so I spent my day reading the new Stephen King book. I think I've just got a cold, but it is kicking my butt.

Today I've got a phone call scheduled with my bariatric coordinator since I've been asked to be "A Patient Story" at an event they're hosting. I'm excited about this and looking forward to paying my experience forward. I have a ton of questions, though.. what should I wear? What should I bring - like old pictures, etc? Should I make a power point? How much time will I have? Eek!

QOTD: I've got no sort of green thumb and my yard has mainly turned to moss. I'm okay with this :D

1-2: soup, ice cream, more soup, maybe toast
3: I hope I'll feel up to cooking tonight, I haven't the last two nights. If I do it's Charred Coconut Chicken Thighs and Crispy, Cheesy, Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower

liquid and vites: good with liquids, not really caring about vites at the moment
exercise: nope, I had to cancel PT for the day

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

corriev
on 5/24/18 9:06 am, edited 5/24/18 2:21 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Dont plant , but am a back seat planter and always have my opinion on my wife's garden.

After Dinner i think ill go for a walk bat Bellwood lake and the quarry area - my kids are dying to swim.

B - chocolate protein shake ( found that the Vanilla works well with Decaf coffee in the morning, and not too bad in a tea neither - thanks for the tip )

S - Plain Skyre yogurt

L - 1/2 can Tuna and salsa, with cottage cheese

S - Poached microwave egg

D - Poached chicken breast, with cucumber

S - slice of cheese

MFP says -

Calories - 601

Protein - 106

Carb - 20

Fat - 12

Most Active