Starting to feel more in control!

Kara D.
on 5/27/18 5:33 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I've started to feel more in control of my diet and choices lately. I still need lots of advice and reminders of the basics, but I'm getting there.

I started a new anti-depressant in February, it's taken a while to get back to feeling better. That had me feeling out of control for a while. I also started a new job, I hadn't worked for years, then went back in 2016-2017 for a few months. I stopped because I needed more time to take care of my parents. Now that they are back in good health I started working again. That's taken some time to get worked into my schedule and add exercise back in. I'm still struggling with that. I know the benefits and enjoy it when I do, but doing it is a problem.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

Laura in Texas
on 5/27/18 6:52 am

I am glad you are feeling better with your new anti-depressant. Do you have a fitbit or other activity tracker? Maybe just focus on being more active? I walk around my neighborhood. Time-wise that works well for me. I am not spending time in my car getting to a gym. I often do not want to walk, but feel better as soon as I get outside.

Maybe just starting with something small like this would help you. I know I sometimes get caught up in the "all or nothing" mentality and then totally give up. Walking is easy and helps me get over that way of thinking. I know I need to be kind to myself.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kara D.
on 5/28/18 10:34 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I don't have a tracker, but I want an Apple Watch some day!

Getting moving helps my day. I work at Family Dollar and some days I am able to move around much more than others. I try to take advantage of those days to get steps in!

CC C.
on 5/27/18 7:58 pm

I think of exercise as necessary for good health, but not for weight loss. So if it feels like too much to bite off at once start small by just moving more in your day.

Congrats on feeling more in control!

Kara D.
on 5/28/18 10:39 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you! Moving more in my day has helped that feeling. I'm still wanting to get back to the gym though. It improves my overall mood when I exercise and I find I am able to lose a little more weight. I want to get through the 200 mark and 100 something for a change. I've got 24 pounds to reach 199! I've lost 6 pounds since March and that has improved my attitude also.

Most Active