Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 6/25/18

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/18 4:22 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good Morning menu crew! These one to ones are great for being able to start the thread out!

The week is beginning for most of you, so I hope you all have a great Monday! I am off for 4 days so will try to enjoy those days off as much as possible. I have some therapy this week and am looking forward to that. Also will be getting my new book from the library today. As much as I love the feeling of a library card and checking out a book, I forgot about the having to wait for a book I actually want.

Am going to head to the gym when I wake up later, though I already started out some by doing 20 squats in the corner. If anyone would have come in I would have looked insane.

QOTD: Do you listen to the radio? What type of music does your favorite station play?

I listen to Spotify more than the radio, but when I do listen I like a station that plays alternative rock and indie music.

Meals for after I wake up:

breakfast- Overnight oats with sliced strawberries and plain Greek yogurt

Lunch- chicken and cottage cheese and baby carrots

Dinner- Chicken with 1/2 avocado in my low carb wrap

Snack- Protein shake

Totals- 931 calories, 69g carbs, 109g protein

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/25/18 5:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It sounds like you can do some personal stuff during the one:one's. Hopefully over time you'll find the best way to use the time and make it pass more quickly.

QOTD: I only listen to the radio in the car (but have to have it on then). I listen to country mainly. I used to commute so much, I relied on the radio to entertain me.

As I mentioned yesterday, for at least a couple of days (maybe tomorrow too) I wanted to try doing 100% AMAW which I have never done before (I have always done CAMAW), then do CAMAW for several days. I was completely on plan yesterday! My carbs were 5 (LOL)! The hardest was having coffee without creamer.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey

D: Shrimp

S: Meat sticks, pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 6/25/18 8:14 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning Mersh & everyone! We ended up having a great weekend in Charleston. Nick and I walked everywhere Saturday and racked up nearly 5 miles (very different for our pre-wls dates!). We went bowling, played arcade games, and went to an improv show! The kids had fun with their aunt and we all hung out together yesterday. :) I start a new coping skills group at the women's prison this evening. I'm looking forward to meeting my new clients!

QOTD: I usually listen to Pandora or Spotify, but sometimes have the radio on the pop station. I love almost all genres of music!

B - Coffee & protein

L - cheeseburger

D - Kung pao chicken with peppers & mushrooms

E - squats, calf raises, high knees

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Gwen M.
on 6/25/18 9:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I used to be a devoted NPR listener, but I have outrage fatigue right now and have switched to Podcasts. I recently caught up with Criminal and have 1.5 episodes left to finish Darkest Nights. I also listen to NPR's Up First every day. While working during the day, I have focus@will playing. It's supposed to help with focus.

1: protein shake
2: protein shake
3: Manoomin Elk Meatballs - subbing ground beef for elk

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nothing planned, might do some yoga for stretching

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

IamevilHomer
on 6/25/18 11:14 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Good afternoon VSG pals,

I am in between patients and all caught up on my notes for now! I had a lovely week off last week and even got to take my boys to Hershey Park last Tuesday to celebrate their first week of Summer vacation. We did over 12 miles of walking that day. I love how much more energy I have now compared to when I was obese. I would have been wishing for a wheelchair or electric scooter at the end of the day a few years ago.

QOTD: I listen to the radio a little bit but since I have such a long commute I tend to rely on audible and podcasts instead. I am listening to the Outlander series now (I'm up to book 5) and my favorite podcasts are Radiolab, Stuff You Missed in History Class and Up First (although I do skip this one sometimes when the politics and state of the world get to be too much).

Menu:

B-Rockin Refuel shake

Snack-Cottage Cheese double around 11am

L- Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burger with a slice of American Cheese

Snack- Chobani Flip Tropical Daybreak

Dinner- 4oz prime rib yummy!

Have a great Monday everybody!

corriev
on 6/25/18 1:01 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - 80's rock for me so i listen to Boom, 97.3 in Toronto area...

my menu for today -

B - Protein shake

S - skyr

L - chicken salad

S - more chicken salad

D - Tuna in water with Salsa

S - slice summer sausage

MFP -

cal: 703

carb - 16

prot - 140

fat-8