Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/18 5:46 am, edited 6/27/18 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy hump day! I'm hoping to get some vegetating time today as we had to go to Boston yesterday (4 hours of driving, 4 hours of tests, not home until 7:30 pm). Ideally it will be at the beach!

QOTD: What was the last thing you learned that was new and interesting? I was reading research journals yesterday during DH's tests and there was some research about dogs, such as when they were split off from their wolf descendants in evolution and how they became domesticated. But the most interesting was a study about dogs gazing into the eyes of their humans. Apparently that raises the level of oxytocin in both. Oxytocin is the hormone responsible for infant/mother bonding. So they REALLY are our fur babies and look at us with the "eyes of love"!

I was 100% on plan again yesterday (AMAW), but am adding dairy back to do CAMAW starting today. Yes, I really do prefer creamer in my coffee!

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey

D: Salmon

S: Meat sticks, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 6/27/18 7:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! Liz I hope you enjoy some down time today! I've got neurofeedback, then some admin work, and an evening group at the prison.

QOTD: The majority of new info I learn is related to trauma because I am constantly researching for work. But here's a fun one - before the invention of color TV most people reported dreaming in black & white and now almost no one does!

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - shrimp ceviche on a toasted tortilla

E - it's rest day for strength training :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/18 8:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Now that is interesting (and a bit amusing)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/18 8:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey friends! I am out enjoying the summer heat. I weighed today and am now three lbs from goal weight and a normal BMI. Yay for normal! I am also wearing a dress out for the first time in my life minus a funeral. I have many dresses, but hated my legs too much to wear the shorter ones.

QOTD: I am reading a book about the Mariana Trench. It's a fiction book but the science of sonar in the depths picking up indecipherable noises is founded in real science and very interesting. Book is called To the Drowning Depths

Breakfast - 1 egg sunny side up, English muffin, PP coffee

Lunch - Scallops and broccoli

Dinner - Hawaiian grilled chicken bowl with pineapple pieces and veggies minus the rice. Hope it's good!

Gwen M.
on 6/27/18 9:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: The first thing that comes to mind, since you mentioned oxytocin, is the link between oxytocin and ADH (antidiuretic hormone). Since they're both produced by the posterior pituitary, they're very similar and the body can mistake one for the other. The body produces ADH when dehydrated (to keep you from peeing out what hydration you do have) and oxytocin, among other things, is produced for uterine contraction during childbirth. Apparently my body likes to mistake ADH for oxytocin when I run before properly hydrating myself, leading to really intense and painful uterine cramping. How "cool" is that?!

1: protein shake
2: maybe another protein shake, but if solid food seems interesting I'll have half of my leftover chipotle bowl from the other night
3: leftover chipotle bowl

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: maybe some home yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/18 6:01 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

All I can say is "ouch". Who would have thought that could happen!

Kristi T.
on 6/27/18 10:15 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Liz and menu friends! I hope you do get some downtime today Liz, especially if it's on the beach. Sounds like a very long day for both of you yesterday.

Today I am going to mow the lawn and take Emmy to get her summer haircut. The woman I take Emmy to is a "animal intuitive"(that's not the reason I take her, she is just really good). She told me the last time I picked her up that her and Emmy are having trouble "bonding." It's been over two years:-)

QOTD-I started noticing on my walks and hikes that one particular tree has orange dots on its leaves. The underside is infested with a hard fuzzy like substance. So I began researching the tree to see what was going on. I am still learning, but am pretty sure it's Pear Rust.

B-Sigg's Raspberry Yogurt

L-Tuna w/mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla Premiere shake

D-Thai Red Curry shrimp pasta(will eat only the veggies and shrimp, no pasta)

E-Yard work

Have a good Wednesday!

MissCheri18
on 6/27/18 10:26 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Had my VSG Monday, so I am on clear liquids :) So, needless to say my meal plan is on the light side right now. I seem to have bit more pain last night and then off and on so far today, was able to get my shower in which was great and then get my bigger wounds re-bandaged (per Dr. orders) tummy is still very swollen and of course tender.

QOTD: Well, what I found interesting actually happened while be prepped for surgery, I am allergic to Aloe Vera and they found that rare, then the anesthesiologist said he had recently had a case where someone was allergic to Latex, seems if you are allergic to Aloe or Latex you are allergic to BOTH! Which explains some issues I have with certain products!

B: Premier Protein - Peach

L:SF Jell-O, SF popsicle

D: Chicken Broth

S: Protein2o Tropical Coconut, unsweetened applesauce (about 1 ounce for crushed meds)

Plus sipping water all day!

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 6/27/18 1:50 pm - Woburn, MA

Congrats on your surgery... you're gonna do great!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Teresa G.
on 6/27/18 10:49 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning and happy hump day!

I'm feeling a lot of self-loathing and remorse today. And I've discovered that Cheese Whisps, no matter how nicely they melt in the mouth, are simply NOT allowed in my house ever again. I have absolutely no self-control over them. And please, no finger-wagging or lecturing...I've already done a very good job of that to myself. I'm so glad I have an appointment with my therapist today.

So, today I'm trying to forgive myself and carry on.

QOTD: What was the last thing you learned that was new and interesting? I love learning, and I especially love history. I recently read a book "Last Train to Istanbul". It's a beautiful story, written by a Turkish author and translated into English. Usually translated books make reading a little awkward, but this one was done especially well. I learned about the Jews in Europe who were Turkish citizens during the rise of Hitler and then WW2. I learned how much Turkey cared for and protected their Jewish citizens and brought as many of them home as possible, saving them from extermination. I went to Turkey in 2011 and I fell in love with the country and its people. This book really touched me.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views