Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, June 28, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/18 8:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is a rainy day here today, but sun and heat are coming in the next few days. We are in Boston for DH's appointments so the rain complicated the drive but at least we aren't missing any fine weather. Tomorrow I am planning on the beach before the big crowds arrive on Cape Cod for July 4th week.

QOTD: Do you like driving? Does driving long distances or in traffic bother you a lot? I like driving and don't mind even 2-3 hours as long as there is no traffic. But distances beyond that bore me and traffic makes me crazy! I hate that when we come to Boston, the last few miles takes 30-45 minutes.

I was 100% on plan again yesterday on day one of three on CAMAW, following three days of AMAW. I have held off on weighing until Saturday hoping that I am back in my preferred weight range after vacation at that point.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Volpi roll (mozzarella and prosciutto)

L: Deli turkey

D: 1/2 cheeseburger, no bun

S: Meat stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 6/28/18 8:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I love driving and I'm the primary driver in my family. Long or short distances, alone or with company. I'm happy any way as long as I'm moving. I love Waze because it mostly lets me avoid being stuck in traffic - I'd rather drive extra miles than spend time stopped.

1: protein shake
2: I think I'll be out and about when I need to eat lunch, so I'll take a protein bar just in case I can't wait until I get home. If I can wait, I'll have leftover horseradish chicken.
3: leftover pork adobo sa gata (which is basically pork and mushrooms)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running (w2d3 ZR5K training), yoga (15 minute beginner stretches for runners)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/18 8:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love WAZE too and also will take a slower back route and enjoy it to get out of traffic. Not a lot of good options for that in Boston though unfortunately.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

corriev
on 6/28/18 8:28 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - Love driving, good tunes and long roads..

my day.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr

L - Grilled chicken breast with Greek salad ( no dressing)

S - Egg

D - BBQ deer steaks with salad ( Did you see how much protein this has - WOW MFP says for a 4 oz serving ( a bit big but will snack on whats left) 33.8g of protein, 3g of fat. and 0 carbs

Mfp says

cal - 569

Carb - 13

Protein - 112

Fat 8

Kristi T.
on 6/28/18 9:57 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I am glad you and DH made it to Boston safely through the rain Liz!

We are in for cold and rainy weather through Saturday. It is supposed to clear up and be sunny and in the high 70's for the tourists over the July 4th holiday. Half of my neighborhood usually runs off to somewhere else for that holiday, it is crazy around here during that time.

I got my lawn mowed yesterday just in time for the "bug man's" arrival to spray all the spiders that have taken over the yard and house. He uses a Nasturtium extract type spray so not to harm Emmy or any other critters(bats, rabbits, squirrels, etc.)that live in my yard:-)

QOTD-I used to love long drives, short and slow drives...not anymore. My body begins to hurt when sitting for too long. The drive to Denver and back last month was pure agony. I am not patient in traffic anymore either, but I try.

B-Sigg's yogurt

L-1 hard boiled egg with lemon pepper, string cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla PP

D-Baked Cod and riced cauliflower/sweet potato combo

E-Taking Emmy for a hike today

Have a great Thursday!

Teresa G.
on 6/28/18 10:25 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

QOTD: Do you like driving? Does driving long distances or in traffic bother you a lot?
I don't mind driving at all, in fact, I do quite a bit as part of my job (I do presentations and events all over the state.) The only part I REALLY abhor is the Olympia to Everett drive, especially from Joint-Base Lewis/McChord to Seattle, North Seattle and Everett. That stretch has now earned the dubious honor of one of the worst places for traffic in the country. I will drive an hour or more out of my way and take a ferry to avoid that mess. If I had to drive that stretch on a daily basis I would surely stroke out within a week. In fact, I decided against a really amazing job strictly because that stretch would have been my daily commute. No can do. I like my 8 min drive to work (7 if I hit the one light just right!)

Yesterday, instead of having the ricotta bake for dinner, I wanted something a little more substantial so I had refried beans over shredded chicken breast with a sprinkle of cheese on top. It was so good, but I could only eat half of it. The other half I am having for lunch today. :)

And whoever recommended the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel: THANK YOU! It is really good! So is the Syntrax Matrix Strawberry Cream.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/18 11:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It sounds like you are doing well with your diet transition!

Ajeffries
on 6/28/18 10:37 am
VSG on 01/27/16

QOTD I don't mind driving long distances. I have to drive 12 hrs 2 times a year to see extended family. I despise traffic!!!!

My plans today are taking kids to the doctor for physicals and shots, tutoring, grocery shopping, and housework. I work at midnight tonight.

B premier protein with coffee

S sausage patty

S cream cheese/peanut butter/ cocoa powder mix

L broccoli with cheese

D chicken thighs with curry sauce

S premier protein, carrots, apple, and peanut buttter

Total calories 1870

DescendTheStair
on 6/28/18 11:56 am - Portland, OR
VSG on 06/25/18

QOTD: I love driving, especially if it's through areas I've never been in before or don't travel through often. When I lived in Buffalo, I especially enjoyed driving through the Catskills to see my family on the other side of the state It's such a beautiful route through the mountains! With that said, I absolutely hate traffic, and get some intense road rage, lol.

I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet, so today's menu consists of a bottle and a half of new whey, protein jello (it's an experiment with jello and unflavored protein mix I'm a bit wary, but we'll see how it comes out!), some lemonade crystal light, lots of water. I only made it to about 30 Oz of clear fluids yesterday which is below the min request by 6oz but I'm getting closer!

Vitamins on point!

36 year old single mom of an awesome geeky teenager

5'3.75" (yes, that extra three-quarter inch is necessary. I'm ALMOST 5'4"!).

June 25th, 2018 VSG with Dr A. Hargroder| HW:291 SW:284 CW:272 GW: 135

January 10th, 2022 Revision to RNY with Dr. M. Reavis| HW: 291 LW: 195 CW: 245 GW: 135

Amateur dragon slayer, fairy hunter, occasional builder of fantastical worlds through words.

Teresa G.
on 6/28/18 2:42 pm, edited 6/28/18 7:42 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I have a bit of road rage as well, though no one can tell...unless they're in the car with me. LOL

My husband says I remind him of Lewis Black when I encounter stupid and/or asshole drivers on the road. Does anyone know who Lewis Black is? Hilarious comedian, especially when he was in Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee"

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views