Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 7/3/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/3/18 6:42 am, edited 7/3/18 6:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: When it's really hot outside, how do you prefer to get your exercise in? What counts as "really hot" for you?

4+ years post-op (still working toward goal)

1: protein shake
2: ground turkey tomato sauce
3: sous vide top round roast! It's been going for 38 hours so far. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :D

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running (w3d2 Zombies Run 5k Training plan), yoga (30 minutes intermediate stretches for runners)

How about you? What're you doing for your body today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 7/3/18 6:51 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: We're definitely getting into "really hot" territory here. I got up early so I could run before it got too hot outside, which means it was only 80 degrees and 100% humidity. Thankfully my route at home has lots of trees for shade.

I consider "really hot" to be in the 80s+ for temperature and humidity.

I'd prefer to have a high-quality treadmill in my home for those days, and to combine that with my fitness classes and home yoga practice that are all indoors. Sadly, I don't own a treadmill, nor do I have space for it! I also don't belong to a gym beyond the group exercise plan. So.. I run outside and it sucks :P But I tell myself that training in these conditions will make me run faster in more optimal conditions. Right?!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 7/3/18 7:07 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, we're on a 90+ temp heat wave. Too hot for me. I like 80 to mid 80's and dry, but that's a treat. It's supposed to stay this hot until at least Friday - and I am having people for July 4th tomorrow. I'm apparently living under a dark cloud - ordered a new a/c (the quietest on the market) - it doesn't work - and my frig has been broken since June 18. They are here now fixing it (fingers crossed).

QOTD: I usually walk at lunch, but don't want to spend the rest of the day sweaty/smelly when it's this hot - and I always walk the dog, except he's a frenchie - and has a smushy face so this weather is actually dangerous for him. So no walking. My eliptical is buried with stuff that was moved out of the remodel area so not that... I guess no exercise today. I will be prepping for my party tomorrow so I anticipate actually getting a decent # of steps.

B: cheerios, iced coffee

L: idk, no frig = no food, lol

D: steak on grill and veg

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 7/3/18 10:40 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Oh no, hope your dark cloud lifts and your fridge starts working today and the new a/c arrives soon!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/3/18 7:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy July 3rd (almost the holiday for us in the US). We do have another hot day here in Massachusetts (though about 10 degrees cooler where I live near the coast).

QOTD: I still walk, but if it is really hot it may be at the beach. Really hot for me is mid-80's and up with high humidity. I am much more tolerant of heat than I used to be prior to WLS.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken OR Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: 1/2 cheeseburger and spinach salad

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 7/3/18 9:51 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday, but it's the end of my work week. It's been a great day. New group at the jail seems like it's going to be a good one. My mom has Rylan & Nyah so tonight will probably be a date night. :)

QOTD: I have always despised the high heat and humidity of the south east and have often struggled with what I call "reverse seasonal depression" in the summer. Anything over 80 is uncomfortable and it's in the 90s here. One benefit of weight loss I didn't expect was not being as miserable in the heat. Just like Liz mentioned it doesn't bother me as much now, and that truly thrills me! Of course we'll see how I feel when it's 105 degrees and 100% humidity! Yoga is definitely my indoor exercise of choice! I also have a small elliptical at home.

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - grassfed beef tacos

S - cherry tomatoes & salt

E - elliptical & planks

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 7/3/18 10:36 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Gwen and menu friends!

I think the fireworks that sound like a bomb should be outlawed. I don't use the word "hate" very much, but in this instance I will use it. They terrify me, I can't even imagine how someone with PTSD feels when they go off...it must be horrible. And the poor animals, Emmy turns into a completely different dog during this holiday. Then it makes me think of war torn countries that hear this on a daily basis, it is part of their everyday lives.

QOTD-We don't get very many "really hot" days around here. I love the heat and love the sun, so I guess "really hot" for me would be over 95 degrees. I will walk/hike with Emmy in the early morning or just before the sun goes down at night(stays light until 10:30pm). I do like to swim in the lake, but the water is SO cold it has to be really, really hot for me to get in:-) Emmy would swim in the middle of winter, or anytime if I let her! Good QOTD Gwen.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-tuna w/mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-Chai tea with vanilla pp shake

D-dinner out before Mahjong tonight, will probably order salad or omelet

E-It's raining, pouring AGAIN so not sure.

Have a good Tuesday!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 7:29 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good luck with Mahjong!

Kristi T.
on 7/6/18 9:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am apparently on a losing streak!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 11:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Afternoon menu gang! I am extremely tired and currently awake barely thanks to coffee and a SF Red Bull which tastes like something dug up from an old grave. Disgusting, but 2.99 a can is a lesson I need to drink down. Am out taking a friend of mine to do her shopping and I picked up a new desk lamp in the process.

QOTD: Since the start of summer I have learned I need to be very careful. I don't exercise outside, but I find myself not sweating out in the heat. It is not a hydration issue. Not sure why I don't sweat, but the only time the heat begins to effect me is when I begin to be very over heated and got sick the other day during the day. Other than when that happens, I don't notice the heat.

Breakfast- Scrambled egg whites with onions and sriracha sauce in a low carb wrap.

Lunch- Ground beef pattie in pita pocket with cheese.

Dinner- Premier protein bar

Snacks- red cherries (1.69 a pound. My jaw nearly hit the floor at that price) and 100 cal pack of almonds

943 calories, 101g of protein, 59g carbs

Most Active