An NSV of sorts

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 4:58 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I have a kidney stone. It was discovered five years ago, hiding in a backwater of my kidney. The doctor said it could stay there benign forever, or it could start moving and manifest itself within days. It sat and matured for five years unnoticed. Saturday morning, approximately 2 AM, it decided to manifest.

To make a long story a little shorter, I finally got to see all the people I needed to see, and had a CT scan done. The NSV is this. I slid right into the CT machine with lots of room to spare. In the past, they would have to hunt for the largest machine available for CT scans, MRIs, etc. There was lots of room to spare today. I didn't even get claustrophobic. That's a win for me on a couple of levels.

I still have to pass the stone. I can hardly wait. The doc says I have a good chance of doing it "naturally". If not, he is prepared to stick a laser up my you know what to destroy it. Here's hoping for natural.

Shannon S.
on 7/3/18 7:37 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Hoping you pass it with little to no pain. Those buggers can be painful. Nice NSV! Those machines can be very anxiety provoking as it is.

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 10:22 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Oh yeah! Before, they practically had to slather me in Vaseline to get me into the biggest one around. Now I have all sorts of room!

Renren
on 7/4/18 9:20 am
VSG on 12/02/15

I had one just about a month ago. Passed it naturally, but not without pain and fever. I had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks because it caused an infection. I hope things go well for you.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 10:20 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I've got a bunch of pills to take. It is not fun, but at least I have some good pain meds. So far it is a slow process. On the plus side, I dropped a few more pounds.

MissCheri18
on 7/4/18 10:07 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

WOW great NSV I never thought of fitting in my yearly CT machine with room instead of feeling like I'm squished in there, that is really awesome!

Sorry to hear about the kidney stone, I've had those long ago and they can stay in the long ago memory! OUCH I hope it passes quickly and you get no more.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 10:21 am
VSG on 10/11/16

In the fat old days, I always felt like I was a torpedo being loaded into the launch tube. This was more relaxing - as relaxing as it could be, anyway.

CC C.
on 7/4/18 7:29 pm

A kidney stone was the pain I've ever felt! In the hospital, the nurse asked me for my pain level on a scale from one to ten. I said 9.5. She asked what I was saving the .5 for? I said I'd never stuck my arm in a wood chipper so I couldn't say for certain there wasn't something that hurt worse.

Wishing you well and a speedy passing of the stone, Bill!

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 10:18 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On July 5, 2018 at 2:29 AM Pacific Time, Cecily C. wrote:

A kidney stone was the pain I've ever felt! In the hospital, the nurse asked me for my pain level on a scale from one to ten. I said 9.5. She asked what I was saving the .5 for? I said I'd never stuck my arm in a wood chipper so I couldn't say for certain there wasn't something that hurt worse.

Wishing you well and a speedy passing of the stone, Bill!

Thank you. I laughed out loud when I read this. I have a pretty good sized wood chipper, and it gets a lot of use around here. I also encountered many people over the years in my woodworking business who had managed to saw off parts of their hands, feet, etc. I am pretty sure that's REALLY got to hurt, since you lose the part you'd use to hold the part that hurts.

The stone is still with me, but scans show it is on the move. I am hoping it moves a little faster. Jumping up and down doesn't seem to help.

CC C.
on 7/8/18 11:13 am

Argh! Sawing off parts has to be incredibly painful. So it's amazing how much pain something the size of a sesame seed can cause!

I drink a lot of diet lemonade from Chick-fil-a now. A large is only 30 calories because they use Splenda to sweeten it, but it still uses lots of real lemon juice. I have hopes that it wears away at the edges of the one I still have left in my kidney. If it doesn't dissolve it, maybe it will make it smaller...

Most Active