Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 7/17/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/17/18 4:12 am, edited 7/17/18 4:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Tuesday! Our AC was fixed yesterday - quick and cheap, thank goodness!

QOTD: What's your favorite exercise and why? What's your least favorite exercise and why?

1: protein shake
2: leftover chicken and prosciutto croquetas + allioli
3: chicken saltimoboca, carbonara for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga stretching

How about you? What's happening in your world today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/17/18 5:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Yeah for quick and inexpensive AC fixes. Ours is on too, though I don't like it when the heat and humidity are lower. I prefer hearing and smelling the outdoors.

QOTD: I like to walk and always have even as a child. I often prefer to do it alone or with dogs so it is quiet, contemplative time. But I also like to walk with others and chat. I don't love sit-ups or other abdominal exercises like planks because they are hard to do (LOL).

2 Years, 3.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese (if I get the tuna salad made) OR sliced chicken

D: Not sure - might be going out after support group meeting, otherwise Leftover pork kabobs with peppers

S: Nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/18 5:22 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all! I am up early and I feel it. Having trouble sleeping and I'm not sure why. Going to maybe invest in a sleep mask, and some essential oils for my diffuser aimed to promote sleep. We'll see if it helps. It could be that my room takes on too much light still.

QOTD: My favorite exercise would be my busy work nights where I am running around like crazy. Other than that, dancing with Just Dance on ps4, though I haven't played it in some time since I need to reposition my room to make it easier. Really, I don't like exercise lol. I have tried to love it and love it, but I can't. What I do love is the ragged feeling after its all over though. Least favorite exercise would be the elliptical. The movements feel uncomfortable and clumsy to me.

MissCheri18
on 7/17/18 5:35 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hello All! Sorry I've been missing but having issues. I have a lot of pain in my tummy/diaphragm area not sure if the pain and swelling is due to the stomach surgery or the diaphragm surgery, happy to be going to the surgeons tomorrow and see if we can get some answers. ALSO my sugar tests have gone up and that is VERY upsetting to me... I just cannot figure if it is something in my pureed diet or new vitamins? Again, hopeful for some answers tomorrow.

QOTD: What's your favorite exercise and why? What's your least favorite exercise and why? Hmm, well with my physical issues (disabilities) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any workouts I can do in a pool, the sky's the limit in water! Outside of that I love to walk and I am getting that ability back since my diaphragm being mended. What is my least favorite? I guess sit ups which is too much pressure on my neck region, and oh yep, I totally dislike my stationery bike!

Water, water, water! OK not enough water still, but I have improved my fluids greatly!

M1: Vanilla Protein Powder, Dragon Frui****er (8 oz.)

M2: Low-fat Cottage Cheese

M3: chicken and guacamole

M4: probably a SF Jell-O

M5: chicken, Pace Salsa Verde and green beans

M6: Unsweetened Applesauce (for Meds.) Mozzarella cheese stick

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 7/17/18 5:40 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Tuesday to you too. I'm glad your AC was fixed. Since my refrigerator is unfixable, it looks like a new refrigerator will take at least a week to get here - so I will be without for another week. I am going to call today to see if I can get expedited shipping and waive the haul away fee. This is the never ending nightmare.

QOTD: I LOVE to walk and could walk all day - I HATE to run. I also love Zumba

B: 1/2 sesame bagel with homemade jam

L: idk, no food in the house (working at home today, yah)

D: going out with the girls - we go out 1x a month - going for Italian, but there's alot of fish on the menu, so maybe fish

L/V: good

E: soupy here today and thunderstorms expected, so ....no

VSG on 04/28/2014

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/17/18 8:21 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Tuesday everyone! Yay to the AC being fixed Gwen, I can't imagine not having it in this heat. Not much going on today because my 9 year old has a STEM camp that he is at all day so just catching up on housework and laundry.

QOTD - Love Zumba and jogging! Hate squats and lunges they are awful

B - coffee and premier protein

L - Skinny mozzarella sticks

D - Pot Roast and oven roasted sweet potatoes

E - Leg exercises

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

yvonnef1964
on 7/17/18 9:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

My friend ended up in the emergency room last night and I didn't get home till 2 am. Then I had errands to run this morning so just getting on.

Qotd walking, it's not too strenuous. Hate the elliptical just not coordinated for it.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L tuna, cottage cheese and banana

D ocean perch,vegetable and grapes

Have a good day

Gwen M.
on 7/17/18 11:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: My favorites are running and yoga. For running, I just love the fact that I CAN do it, and I love the running community. It's one of the few things in my life that really makes me feel proud of all that I've accomplished. And for yoga, it just makes my body feel so much better. I've gained so much flexibility, balance, and strength from my yoga practice. My least favorite is swimming. I like being in water and goofing off in water, but to purposefully swim laps is such a draaaaag. Ugh. So boring. I even used to be on a swim team as a kid, so I assume I must have liked it at some point.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jess Says Yes
on 7/17/18 12:47 pm, edited 7/17/18 5:48 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good afternoon all. Late start today.

QOTD: Swimming and yoga are my favorites! I love being in the water and swimming makes me feel so free and peaceful. Yoga feels good while I am doing it and vastly improves my overall sense of well-being afterwards. I really don't like strength training - the burn is real lol. But I know it's important.

B - protein and coffee

L - yogurt and almonds

D - chicken with broccoli & corn

S - a few tortilla chips with guacamole

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active