Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, 7/20/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/20/18 6:50 am, edited 7/20/18 6:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I figured someone else would have started this by now! I packed my laptop up last night and dislike posting from my phone, so I didn't before I left for fitness class assuming someone else would in the intervening time.

I'm driving to see my mom today and, as usual, that means meals are unknown. I did decide to come back to the house before heading north so I can at least get my protein shake in since eating in the car is more complicated with Invisalign.

Normally my mom makes me pick a restaurant for dinner on Friday when I arrive. I'm hoping I can talk her into fresh corn and grilled salmon for dinner tomorrow since her local corn is way better than mine and she's been talking about wanting to grill salmon recently! (I love fresh corn and let myself have 2 ears a year - when I visit my mom.)

QOTD: What is one thing you're looking forward to this weekend?

1: protein shake

2: lunch meat or cheese, depending on what's in my mom's fridge

3: no idea, depends on mom

liquid and vites: on track

exercise: zenga class

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 7/20/18 6:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Being with my mom! Woo! I'm really glad I made the commitment to see her once a month after my dad died. It's solidified our relationship a lot and I'm grateful for that.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 7/20/18 7:28 am - Woburn, MA

Enjoy your mom, Gwen. I lost mine the day before I turned 40, but was lucky enough to have my dad until last June (when he was 92!!!). His sister is still alive (my aunt) and I hug and kiss her every time I see her and tell her how much I love her. She is 91 and I'm so happy she is still around.

Also I love fresh corn - when we camp in August, the corn out in central Mass is amazing. I have an ear for lunch since I can't get in any other food if i eat it at dinner.

QOTD: we are going to see Aladdin tonight at the theater - the Boston Opera House - 1st row of the dress circle (1st level off the floor - my favorite seats). My son, his girlfriend, my husband and two close friends are going.

B: cheerios

L: leftover shrimp fra diavalo

D: steak tip salad

E: doubtful - does cleaning count?

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/20/18 1:53 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I saw Aladdin on Broadway in New York! I thought it was amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Jess Says Yes
on 7/20/18 8:21 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Friday! I'm working from home today which is awesome. I can do work in my leggings and no bra lol. I just got out of my therapeutic yoga class, which felt wonderful. I'm so grateful I have returned to a regular yoga practice.

QOTD: I have worked several late nights and had a few stressful things to deal with this week, so I am most looking forward to some low key quality time with Nick and the kids!

B - coffee and protein

L - yogurt with almonds and blueberries

D - chicken and greenbeans

E - yoga

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/20/18 9:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good early afternoon! I had yoga this morning then had to make arrangements for DH's day so I'm just getting to this now (at noon).

QOTD: I'm looking forward to participating in a "girls" weekend with 2 SILs and 2 nieces. I wish DD had come but she has a bbq to go to. I believe there will be shopping, maybe a bit of beach and dinner at a place on the water tomorrow night. Oh yeah, and dinner out tonight. I hate spending the money but I figured how how to eat healthy in restaurants right after surgery because that's what people my age do for socializing at night.

2 Years, 3.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: out to dinner

S: ?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 7/20/18 10:49 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

It seems the "regulars" are kind of missing? I suppose summer vacation and activities keep some VERY busy! I do miss those days, the kids are grown and they live far away and heck even the grandbabies are grown or nearly there now lol.

I seem to have turned a corner and a MAX 2 ounce at a meal is all I can hold without feeling super full, for the first couple weeks I did not seem to feel full I was actually starting to think something was wrong with my surgery. But now I'm supposed to have 2 ounces every 2 hours of almost any foods (no steak, pork, beans or potatoes) but I am finding I get FULL fast on the 2 oz. so it is hard to get in 6 of these mini meals a day. I am starting to jus****ch my protein and carbs making sure I am getting what my Dr. said and not worrying about how many mini meals I'm having.

QOTD: What is one thing you're looking forward to this weekend? Gwen you are truly lucky to have this special time with your mom, both my parents passed in their early 60's. Honestly I really can't think of anything special, we do take a drive on Sundays typically going out to see & talk to the Pea****s and I really look forward to that.

Water, water, water! OK not enough water but I am getting super close to the minimum now!

M1: Mini Turkey Omelet

M2: Mini Lean Ground Beef patty, Green Bell Pepper, Hummus

M3: Protein Powder 11/2 serving, V8 Splash - Tropical Blend (diet 8oz.)

M4: M5: Baked Chicken, Light Mayo and dill relish (the other 1.5 ounces of my M3 meal from yesterday) IF I can I will some green beans.

M6: Unsweetened Applesauce (for Meds.) SF Popsicle, SF Jell-O (sore throat so hoping they will help plus give me fluids)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/18 11:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

There will be spurts where it's a bit dead on the meal thread. I have missed a couple days myself I think! I try to post every day even late to make sure I'm accountable, but sadly the last couple days have been crazy with getting things lined out to go to school.

All those nerves were probably still a bit numb and healing so you didn't feel your restriction. It took me a long time to be able to eat 4oz in a sitting. Now I can eat about 4oz of meat and an oz or two of vegetables/carb.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/18 11:30 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Today starts my work week. Am a little sleepy, but at least I have stopped waking up with a headache thanks to removing the pillows and sleeping flat on the mattress.

Monday I take the placement test for college to see which math and english courses I need to start with. Math will be the harder test, English/Reading will be nothing. Then I can enroll for the fall semester! School full time plus working all weekend full time will be a hustle. Will have to work out that I leave work Monday morning and go to class then come home and sleep, then come home from classes Friday, get a nap in, then go to work.

QOTD: Nothing other than work for this weekend, but I enjoy going to work. After the busy start of the night wears down, it's pretty quiet and I spend a lot of time alone. Which is fine since I like the semi-isolation.

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/20/18 2:03 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Friday! We went to the beach today since it was such a beautiful day. Finally home and showered now and just relaxing.

QOTD - We are supposed to try going to Six Flags again on Sunday since it rained last week but the weather is calling again for rain this weekend so not sure if we will get to go again. Those are really the only plans we made this weekend so hope the weather changes.

B - coffee and Vanilla Premier protein

L - Wawa Chicken Pesto sandwich - was actually pretty tasty

D - leftover pot roast and sweet potatoes

S - apple slices

E - Arm exercises and dragging all the stuff on and the off the beach

Lots of water

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views