Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday 7/21/18

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/18 4:05 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Thought I would get us started since I am on free time at work. I just finished the book adaptation of The Shape of Water and it was beautiful. Best part of working nights is having the free time to read.

Intake the placement test Monday and after that I can enroll in my classes. I'm so excited and nervous. I keep thinking I am in a dream.

Breakfast-Fage Greek yogurt, blueberries

Lunch- rotisserie chicken on salad with ranch dressing

Dinner- bbq pork sandwich

Snacks- kind bar, baby bel, pork rinds

totals- 1,105 calories, 98g protein, 67g carbs

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/21/18 5:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am super excited for you Mersh!

We have lots of company for the next few days. Family today and friends until the middle of the week. Today is the best weather day of the weekend though (supposed to rain tomorrow).

QOTD: What is the last really good book you read (Mersh read The Shape of Water)? I just finished reading Anita Shreve's book The Stars are Fire. I found it very moving and I did some side reading about the fires in Maine which I had never heard about.

2 Years, 3.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: out to dinner (second night in a row, so I need to make smart high protein choices)

S: ?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 7/21/18 7:15 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Morning team! Looking forward to a day of lounging and family time. I am pretty sore from working out, so today I'll probably just chill.

QOTD: I really loved reading The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. They are two fascinating men and they speak beautifully on how to cultivate joy through compassion and intention. It is also very moving to see two people who come from immensely different backgrounds share such a special relationship.

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt with blueberries and almonds

D - turkey sausage w/ peppers & onions

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

mmsmom
on 7/21/18 8:34 am - Woburn, MA

I have been a machine today! My new refrigerator came yesterday and it was cold and ready for food today - I went to the grocery store and bought all kinds of meat and then individually wrapped each steak/pork chop/hamburger, etc. and frozen them in ziplock bags - all nice and organized... then I went to the farmstand and bought all kinds of fresh fruit and veg. I am looking forward to having a fully operational kitchen - which i have not had since Easter!!!

QOTD: I love to read - recently read the series by Elin Hilderbrand -Winter Storms, Winter Street, Winter Stroll, Winter Solstice. It was good summer reading.

B: scali bread toasted with homemade jam, cheese

L: probably salad with turkey breast

D: going to Bianchi's - beach pizza (closing permanently after Labor day) so we have to get it now

L/V: good

E: already walked about 5K steps from shopping, lol - will walk the dog too and probably walk at the beach

VSG on 04/28/2014

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/21/18 1:16 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

So glad you finally have a working frig!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 7/21/18 11:09 am, edited 7/21/18 5:24 am

Hi, mersh! I hope you rock it on Monday!

Can I share a Mixed feelings NSV? I am now officially within the weight limit of my MaxiClimber?yay! But now I have no excuse not to use it ? . Oh, another NSV: Yesterday, I got above 100oz of liquids (88 of water, 12 of shake)!

QOTD: Tough question. The last couple of months, I?ve been more into reading all my National Geographic mags. I got behind during pre-op from being so busy. I suppose a recent good book that I read was ?Shrill? by Lindy West?she is very funny and very relatable.

Brunch (slept in again!) - Panera chicken salad?needing to pick around the almonds, celery and onions. I?ll be happy when almonds are my friend again.

Late Lunch - I?ve been having a great time with making shakes with isopure vanilla and fairlife skim milk and a third element for flavor. It?s a big protein boost (44g, if I use 12oz of fairlife vs 8oz)and seems to really keep me going. Today, I?ll flavor with a splash of coffee?the coffee offsets the sweetness and the milk offserts the acidity of the coffee. Good stuff!

Dinner- I?m rarely sure! We will see what happens.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/21/18 1:17 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Congrats on both of your NSV's! Your doing great keep up the good work.

PCBR
on 7/21/18 5:54 pm

Thank you :) .

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/21/18 12:59 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
SkinnyNikki7
on 7/21/18 1:13 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Saturday! Went out to breakfast with friends this morning and then had a girls day and went shopping. The weather is nasty here this weekend with lots of rain. I def needed a girls day out!

QOTD - I love to read! I don't get to read much because the kids keep me so busy. My daughter has to read Anthem by Ayn Rand and was struggling to understand it so I just read that so I could help her with the summer reading project.

B - Green Smoothie and Vegetable Omelette

L - coffee and Vanilla Premier protein

D - not sure maybe a salad or just a protein bar

S - Homemade Cheez-its

E - 30 min jog/ walk and leg exercises

Most Active